IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread, Will this be the longest thread?
Ang
post Jun 20 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #41

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Our weather today is a high of 96 with 10% humidity.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jun 22 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Summer started yesterday, UTC 1806, CDT 1:06 pm.

Today in history: 1941, German invasion of the Soviet Union, 0345 local time.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 25 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #43

The weather in Casper WY today is 95 degrees with 5% humidity.

Michigan City is 85 degrees with 55% humidity.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to breath when I get there next week. I might have to bring an oxygen tank or something. Between the thicker air of lower elevation and the humidity, I'll be struggling for sure. Good thing I quit smoking!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jun 26 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #44

Ang: I got a compaq presariio c500 with vista op sys from the stre formerly known as pc depot. It works great and was inexpensive. However, I do like how win98se looked and worked better than vista. It does the same stuff as far as I can tell but more user-friendly-ly (take that, grammar freaks!)

Bring some oxygen because it is not yet 9 cdt and pushing 80, with enough humidity that the next sneeze will start a thunderstorm.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 26 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #45

I have a Dell at home and I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things. I've had it for 6 years and it's running pretty slow. Then, my kid installed the Sims and now it's REALLY slow. I really need to upgrade!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 27 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #46

I'm getting my car serviced tomorrow for the trip. Oh, the departure day is getting so close and I've got ants in my pants with anticipation. Beeeaaaacccchhhhh. All I can think about it the beach.

so, if you guys see a light brown Chevy Malibu with Wyoming plates driving down Franklin St (or any other street) Honk--cause that's me. biggrin.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 27 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 2

Have a safe trip!
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jun 27 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #48

Do you take 80 all the way?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 27 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jun 27 2007, 08:59 AM) *

Do you take 80 all the way?

Yeah. I take 25 to Cheyenne then 80 all the way to the toll road. Coming back though I'm considering taking 90 and stopping at Mt. Rushmore. The kids have never been there and my daughter is just fascinated with the place. We have lots of tourist ads here in t.v. for South Dakota and she gets excited every time she sees one so I'm thinking of surprising her with a visit. Personally, I'd like to go to Deadwood.

Hey Southsider!! Welcome Back. How was your vacation? Did you make it to Gettysburg?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 30 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #50

I made it to town. WOW!! so many changes. I'll talk about it later. Anyway, I'm here so if any of you see my light brown Malibu with WYO plates, remember to honk cause that's meeeee...

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 30 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #51

Drop us a message and we can all try to figure out a good lunch time/date.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 6 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #52

Ang, are you incommunicada while in MC?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 11 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #53

Hey!!! I'm back on the board and back in WYO. Wow. What a trip. I stayed in Porter at my dad's and he doesn't have a puter so could only check in from time to time when visiting others.
While it feels good to be back at my place, I am terribly homesick for Indiana already (I haven't even been back 24 hours) so I have decided to return--for good. My current lease is up in November, so I will come back then. But, I think I'm going to change my status from "City-zen" to "Cheesehead" and live in Chesterton, or Porter. At any rate, I'll back.

I did spend some time in City, and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet with any of you. I was SO BUSY the whole time, and staying in Porter made it hard to see everyone I wanted to see in MC. A few things I did see and would like to comment on:

1. The lakefront looks nice. The sand was very clean and looks well maintained. Of course I walked out to the lighthouse (and got a couple nice pics which I will post in the MC pics thread), but I parked at Galveston and walked. I didn't want to pay for parking to only be there an hour or so. All in all, I was pleased with the condition of Wash. Park, except that water pond thing they have. The water was gross with gunk floating on it and there was no circulation of water so it was stagnant. What a waste of a beautiful idea.
2. Striebel Pond just looks like a marsh or boggy area. Are they done with it? Can you swim or fish in it?
3. What is with that big honking behemoth called CVS? OMG, it's huge and looks grossly out of place where it is. Do they really have enough business to support a store that large?
4. I visited the Blue Chimp (good one Rog, I like that)and didn't spend one dime at the place. I walked all around and listened to some stupid band wearing afro wigs and multi-colored bell bottoms. They did 70's music but I was not impressed. Hope none of you play in that band-if so, I mean you no disrespect, I just didn't like the band. I only stayed for an hour and drank water. I will say that the girl who waited on me was lovely and had a very sweet personality.
5. THEY REARRANGED MEIJER!!!!! I couldn't find anything in that place.
6. Is Marquette Mall even open? I didn't go in, but the parking lot was always empty when I went by, except by Applebees. My son went there and he said half the stores are empty.

That's about it. Good to be back on the board. It's funny that I was there and so out of touch with every one. I missed you guys...

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 11 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #54

Hey!!! I'm back on the board and back in WYO. Wow. What a trip. I stayed in Porter at my dad's and he doesn't have a puter so could only check in from time to time when visiting others.
While it feels good to be back at my place, I am terribly homesick for Indiana already (I haven't even been back 24 hours) so I have decided to return--for good. My current lease is up in November, so I will come back then. But, I think I'm going to change my status from "City-zen" to "Cheesehead" and live in Chesterton, or Porter. At any rate, I'll back.

I did spend some time in City, and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet with any of you. I was SO BUSY the whole time, and staying in Porter made it hard to see everyone I wanted to see in MC. A few things I did see and would like to comment on:

1. The lakefront looks nice. The sand was very clean and looks well maintained. Of course I walked out to the lighthouse (and got a couple nice pics which I will post in the MC pics thread), but I parked at Galveston and walked. I didn't want to pay for parking to only be there an hour or so. All in all, I was pleased with the condition of Wash. Park, except that water pond thing they have. The water was gross with gunk floating on it and there was no circulation of water so it was stagnant. What a waste of a beautiful idea.
2. Striebel Pond just looks like a marsh or boggy area. Are they done with it? Can you swim or fish in it?
3. What is with that big honking behemoth called CVS? OMG, it's huge and looks grossly out of place where it is. Do they really have enough business to support a store that large?
4. I visited the Blue Chimp (good one Rog, I like that)and didn't spend one dime at the place. I walked all around and listened to some stupid band wearing afro wigs and multi-colored bell bottoms. They did 70's music but I was not impressed. Hope none of you play in that band-if so, I mean you no disrespect, I just didn't like the band. I only stayed for an hour and drank water. I will say that the girl who waited on me was lovely and had a very sweet personality.
5. THEY REARRANGED MEIJER!!!!! I couldn't find anything in that place.
6. Is Marquette Mall even open? I didn't go in, but the parking lot was always empty when I went by, except by Applebees. My son went there and he said half the stores are empty.

That's about it. Good to be back on the board. It's funny that I was there and so out of touch with every one. I missed you guys...

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 11 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #55

Streibel Pond is actuallyy a San. Dept thing for water containment. It is not a Parks and Rec thing. It does not allow swimming, fishing, etc. It is getting connected to the mc trails.

I hate meijers.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 13 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #56

So for all of those people who did the 7*7*7 wedding, they are probably now on their honeymoon on Friday the 13th...
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 13 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jul 13 2007, 05:09 AM) *

So for all of those people who did the 7*7*7 wedding, they are probably now on their honeymoon on Friday the 13th...

laugh.gif That's funny!!! laugh.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 13 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #58

What exactly does "CBTL" mean?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 13 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 13 2007, 10:55 AM) *

What exactly does "CBTL" mean?

City by the Lake
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 13 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #60

I was wondering, too. It seems so obvious now.

Is anyone else reading comic books?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

42 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com