> 2011-2012 Official Wolves football thread
MC Born & Raised
post Aug 27 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 26 2011, 11:55 PM) *

First, I was really sorry to learn about the passing of former Elston football coach Vic Overman.

Gehrig Dieter put on a clinic tonight, 343 yards on 11 receptions, 3 td's . Probably the best wide receiver I've seen in high school since Jeff Samardzija.

The hail mary before the half, (the play prior a Michigan City defender dropped what should have been an interception) and the go ahead broken play in the backfield touchdown on Washington's initial second half drive really was a big blow to the Wolves.

I thought sophomores Donovan Wilson and Scotty Kaletha played exceptionally well for the Wolves. In the fourth quarter Kaletha took a bone crushing hit when going for a pass up the middle but showed tremendous heart by shaking it off and was going back to the huddle before the coaches pulled him off the field.

Yeah, Karpinski actually said Kaletha coming off had nothing to do with the hit, either. It was just a different package Kaletha isn't a part of. Tough kid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 28 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #42

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Merrillville and Valpo are 0-2 to start the season. I know they have played some big time teams, but they have also gotten their tails kicked in those games. Could the tides of the DAC be changing?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 29 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #43

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Aug 28 2011, 10:22 AM) *

Merrillville and Valpo are 0-2 to start the season. I know they have played some big time teams, but they have also gotten their tails kicked in those games. Could the tides of the DAC be changing?
Yes they are, this season is going to be a total bust as far as the Duneland conference is concerned, other than Laporte narrowly escaping South Bend Clay 35-28 the Duneland conference lost to everyone of it's out of area non-conference opponents.

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 29 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #44

Really Comfortable

I was studying the roster, They have a kid listed by the name of X Coan #71 DL/OL 5'11 236LB sophomore. I would like to know the story of why his parents named him X?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 29 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 27 2011, 12:55 AM) *

First, I was really sorry to learn about the passing of former Elston football coach Vic Overman.

Gehrig Dieter put on a clinic tonight, 343 yards on 11 receptions, 3 td's . Probably the best wide receiver I've seen in high school since Jeff Samardzija.

The hail mary before the half, (the play prior a Michigan City defender dropped what should have been an interception) and the go ahead broken play in the backfield touchdown on Washington's initial second half drive really was a big blow to the Wolves.

I thought sophomores Donovan Wilson and Scotty Kaletha played exceptionally well for the Wolves. In the fourth quarter Kaletha took a bone crushing hit when going for a pass up the middle but showed tremendous heart by shaking it off and was going back to the huddle before the coaches pulled him off the field.

The crazy thing is that I think the best sophomore on the team is Java Oliver. Too bad he is going to be missing the next game, because has been a force in the first two weeks.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 29 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #46

http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2011/0...7a348987371.txt

Tough loss, but did you see that kid?

By Adam Parkhouse
Home Cookin'
Published: Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:31 AM CDT
I have a deep appreciation for greatness and watching athletes and teams accomplish great things.

I appreciate the hard work that goes into such feats and the raw, natural ability that gets honed into a finely-tuned athletic machine that wows us as sports fans.

With that in mind, I have a confession: I’m equal parts disappointed and elated about Michigan City football’s loss Friday to South Bend Washington.

I’m disappointed because the Wolves lost a game that, with 8.2 seconds to play in the second quarter, they had a terrific opportunity to win, which was not my expectation heading into the game.

Click here to find out more!
But I’m also elated that I got a chance to witness greatness Friday night. Washington receiver Gehrig Dieter, named for the Yankee Clipper himself, is great. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen anyone play that position better than he played it Friday, and it wasn’t even his best performance in a two-game season.

In Week 1 against Bloomington North, Dieter caught eight passes for 373 yards and five touchdowns. He followed that up against Michigan City with 11 receptions for a paltry 346 yards and three touchdowns. Off night.

I mean, come on, Gehrig. Only 31.5 yards per catch? Child’s play.

Mostly, I think there’s a good chance we might some day watch this kid play on Sundays. Obviously, a lot has to happen before he gets to that point, but the 6-3, 210-pounder has just about everything you’d want in a receiver.

He’s big, strong, fast and has terrific hands. And for anyone else in attendance Friday, you can also say five years or more from now when lounging on the couch on a Sunday afternoon, “Hey, I remember that kid!”

Please, please don’t get me wrong, City fans. My stomach churned as yours did when Washington erased City’s lead and pulled away in the second half. I’m far from happy the Wolves lost.

But you know what? Sometimes you just tip your cap to the guy or team on the other side and move on to the next game.

After all, what I wanted to see from this game I saw in the first half. I wanted the Wolves to compete, to show the fire that seemed so lacking in 2010.

They delivered on that. With 8.2 seconds left in the first half, City held an eight-point lead. But, a long touchdown pass to maybe the best offensive player in the state started a downward slide coach Michael Karpinski’s crew couldn’t recover from.

Make no mistake though, Friday was a step forward for the Wolves. They played hard and they mostly played well. They’ll continue to improve and continue to compete, and that’s all anyone can ask.

On this night, they ran into a buzzsaw named Dieter. Many others will fall victim this season.

Contact Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 461.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 29 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #47

http://heraldargus.com/articles/2011/08/27...f8133559223.txt

Washington receiver goes off again in win over City

By Adam Parkhouse
Staff Writer
1-866-362-2167, Ext. 13869
sports@heraldargus.com
Published: Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:06 PM CDT
MICHIGAN CITY — For video game enthusiasts, Madden NFL 12 doesn’t come out until next week.

Fans of the legendary football franchise got a good sneak preview Friday at Ames Field, though.

South Bend Washington receiver Gehrig Dieter put up numbers that would make gamers drool just one week after setting a state record for receiving yards. He didn’t reset the record, but didn’t miss by much, catching 11 balls for 346 yards and three touchdowns and nearly single-handedly led a comeback charge against Michigan City in a 40-21 loss for the Wolves.

Dieter accounted for all but 153 of Washington’s 499 yards of total offense. Notre Dame recruit David Perkins took care of most of the rest, picking up 126 yards on 15 carries and two more touchdowns, including another video game-like play in which Perkins broke several City tackles on his way to a 38-yard touchdown.

Click here to find out more!
All this, though, after City looked to be in control of the game nearing halftime. Despite Dieter’s efforts, City led 21-13 with 8.2 seconds left before halftime.

To get to that point, the Wolves were both opportunistic and good on both sides of the ball.

On the second play of the game, Dieter hauled in a 50-yard touchdown pass from Daigien Morgan, but City answered later in the first quarter when Marcellus Willis recovered a Washington fumble in the end zone for a touchdown.

The Panthers returned the favor a few minutes later when Perkins coughed it up at the goalline and Jeremiah Johnson recovered just inches before it rolled through the back of the end zone for a touchback. Instead, it was a touchdown and the Panthers led 13-7 heading into the second quarter.

City quarterback Joel Hirsch led a long, time-consuming drive following Johnson’s score, finally hooking up with Eric Yarbrough with 5:45 to play for a 15-yard touchdown.

On Washington’s first play of the next series, Morgan was intercepted by Giorgio Karallas. Several plays later, Hirsch found paydirt from 2 yards out to give the Wolves a 21-13 lead with just 40 seconds to play.

After a few plays — and a dropped City interception — Washington didn’t appear close to scoring. But, with 8.2 seconds left, Morgan found Dieter streaking up the right sideline in single coverage, and the 6-2, 210-pounder did the rest, taking the ball 71 yards to the house, making for a 21-19 halftime score.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 30 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #48

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/20...92306419074.txt

Does Karpinski hold the key?

By Drew White
Staff Writer
Published: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:39 AM CDT
The scores just kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

Warren Central 64, Merrillville 13.

Carmel 49, Valparaiso 0.

In the past two weeks, the two schools that represent the last two Duneland Conference championships – Merrillville in 2009 and Valpo in 2010 – have challenged two of the best schools that Central Indiana has to offer and both DAC schools have been, to put it lightly, thoroughly decimated.

Warren Central and Carmel obviously know how to play football well. Warren Central has won the IHSAA Class 5A state title five times in the past decade and Carmel has reached the Class 5A title game four times in the past ten years, winning in 2007.

Seeing scores of 63-13 and 49-0, with the top two teams in the DAC representing the 13 and the goose egg, the casual football fan would ask – What is it that makes Warren Central and Carmel that much better than the Pirates and the Vikings?

Perhaps Indianapolis-based pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly is putting something in the water down there that makes football players bigger, faster, and stronger than the players in The Region?

Honestly, I don’t have an answer, but I’m kind of hoping that someone in Michigan City might ultimately hold the solution to the puzzle.

When Michael Karpinski was named head coach of the Wolves over the summer, the Michigan City football skeptics were quick to jump to conclusions regarding the new leader of the pack.

Doing the preliminary research on Karpinski, we learned about his connection to the Michigan City community – he is the son of former Elston High School head coach and original Rogers High School football head coach Bill Karpinski.

His most recent position, as head coach of the Franklin Central football team, was preceded by time as an assistant coach at the University of Indianapolis.

Michael Karpinski had been RIFed (teacher-speak for laid off) and he was initially told that his time as the gridiron leader at Franklin Central was over. Ultimately, it turns out he had an opportunity to return as head coach of the Flashes, but he has made it known that he chose Michigan City over Franklin Central.

One of my initial thoughts had to do with why Karpinski, who was already firmly entrenched by more than a decade of living in Indiana’s state capital, would choose to take over a City program located in the northwest part of the state.

I looked at his record in two years at Franklin Central and was under whelmed by his 7-13 mark.

But the more I thought about it, the more I told myself that the Wolves had gotten the right guy.

Why?

If you are looking to improve a program, wouldn’t you like to have a guy with head coaching experience in the area of the state that has clearly established dominance?

While some will ask Karpinski why he came north, I think we as Wolves fans would be remiss if we didn’t count our blessings that he was willing to come to Michigan City, a community he called home at an age too young to remember much about it besides a hill and railroad tracks located close to the former Karpinski homestead.

When you look at how teams from the Duneland have performed in recent years when pitted against schools from the Indianapolis area, I think it is safe to argue that 7-13 in Central Indiana might just equate to 11-9 or 12-8 in the DAC.

Look back just two years and you’ll find that Karpinski’s inaugural season included a sectional nailbiter in which his Flashes lost by only one point to the eventual state champion – Warren Central.

Whether Karpinski had superior athletes at Franklin Central to those he now coaches, only he could tell you. From what he has told me, he likes the hand he’s been dealt with the Wolves.

To leave the Indianapolis area and a head coaching position in the land of Class 5A state champions, there has to be something more to it. Karpinski wants to be in Michigan City.

While the Wolves still need to figure out a way of contending in the DAC, I don’t think it hurts to have someone experienced in battling the Warren Centrals of the state.

Maybe Karpinski can show Michigan City and the rest of the Duneland Conference what needs to be done to win state titles.

Contact sports writer Drew White at dwhite@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 447.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 1 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #49

Really Comfortable

I was driving along Franklin St. earlier this morning and Michigan City Signs were erecting the football player image banners on the utility poles, they look really nice.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 2 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #50

http://www.chestertontribune.com/Sports/ch...c_play_frid.htm

By TR HARLAN

It might be wishful thinking to make the leap that again.

The Chesterton football team did a complete 180 last Friday night in a dominating 28-0 victory over Munster. The Trojans allowed just 72 yards of total offense, one week after giving up more than 500 yards in a 30-28 loss at South Bend St. Joe.

Coach John Snyder’s team will look to make the same showing as they open Duneland Athletic Conference play on Friday night at Michigan City. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.

The Trojans dominant defense returned to form with the reinsertion of Julian Raudry and Dana Konchar at linebacker against the Mustangs.

“Defensively we obviously had a big change,” Snyder said. “It’s hard to believe that two guys can make that big a difference. But, it was almost like having six or seven new guys because people got to move back to their normal positions.

“If we can keep playing like we did on defense, we’ve got a chance to be pretty decent.”

No one was more surprised to see the defense turn around so quickly, though surprised may be the wrong word, than Snyder.

“I really didn’t see that coming because it’s hard to gauge during the week at practice,” Snyder said. “You never know if you’re playing that well or if your offense isn’t playing well or how that all works.”

On offense, the Trojans were able to throw the football in the first half and open some holes for the running game after halftime.

“Munster was a little better on the edge than I thought they’d be and they played a little different than we thought they would,” Snyder said. “We made some bad reads early and that got us out of sync. If you’re going to stop the run, you have to give up something in the passing game. The ability to hit some of those was huge for us.

“We did a better job of moving (quarterback) Chris (Katsafaros) around and not keeping him in a straight dropback in the pocket. Moving him around played to his strength.”

Chesterton also took advantage of its special teams much better in week two.

“We played much better in special teams with the big punt return to start the scoring and all the field positions we were able to get,” Snyder said. “Kyle kicking the ball into the end zone consistently is honestly what I expect him to do. Give a team 80 yards to score and more time’s than not you think you’ll get stops.

“We are 0-for-3 on field goals and Kyle’s good enough to hit the ones we’re attempting. We’ve had one blocked, one come up short and one pulled. It’s time to start getting those points on the board.”

Michigan City’s revolving door at head coach continues this season and that proves to be a problem for Snyder and the Trojans.

“Michigan City has kind of been a new team each year,” Snyder said. “They do return several starters on both sides of the ball. They are big and physical and very athletic. That concerns me.”

Offensively, the Wolves will test the young Chesterton secondary and try to run the ball up the middle.

“Offensively, they aren’t doing a lot of things,” Snyder said. “They are just doing what they think they can right now. They have two running backs that run extremely hard and I’m worried about the way they throw the ball. They are a trap, inside running type of team.

“The quarterback has a quick release and they’ve had some success throwing the ball. Them throwing the ball concerns me the most.”

Defensively, the Wolves will present a front seven and defensive philosophy the Trojans haven’t seen through the first two weeks of the season.

“Defensively, they do some things differently than we’ve seen the last couple of weeks,” Snyder said. “We’re going to have to do some things differently on offense. We’ll run some things that they haven’t seen on film because of the way they line up.

“We just have to be physical up front. If we can get into their linebackers, we’ve got a chance to be pretty successful.”

Posted 9/1/2011
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 2 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #51

Really Comfortable

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school...8b7c059309.html

Chesterton riddles Michigan City with big plays

By Jim Peters jim.peters@nwi.com, (219) 548-4363 | Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 10:30 pm

MICHIGAN CITY | You'd think the memo would've gotten around.
Don't punt the ball to Joe Troop.
The electric Chesterton return man struck again late in the first half Friday at Ames Field, maneuvering and sprinting 67 yards on a Daniel Lemon boot.
"I don't know what it is. I just see the blocks, I see the white jersey, and I just follow them, find the hole and take off," Troop said. "Teams are going to have to decide if they're going to punt it long or keep it short and give us better field position."
Troop's highlight tape play was one of a bundle of big gainers by the Times No. 5 Trojans, who riddled Michigan City from long distance all night in a 48-14 Duneland Athletic Conference blowout.
"I'm happy the way we're progressing," Chesterton coach John Snyder said. "The opening drive, we executed really well. They wanted to take some things away and we're experienced enough to see that and take advantage of it. It's looking good now. We'll see down the road."
Quarterback Chris Katsafaros, wingback Adam Lara and fullback Zach Jenks all got into the act for Chesterton (2-1, 1-0) as City gamed to contain Troop.
"Every time I lined up, they were yelling, '47's right here,'" Troop said. "If I've got nine guys flying to me, that's going to leave wide-open space for the other guys. I've got no problem with that. Whatever it takes to win."
Katsafaros scampered for 89 yards and two scores, including a 41-yard keeper in the first minute of the second half that put the Trojans up 35-0. He also threw for 118 yards on just five completions with Troop (3 catches, 66 yards) and Lara (2 catches, 52 yards) doing all the damage. Lara raced 22 yards for a TD and Jenks rumbled to the house three times on just four totes, taking it in from 5, 18 and 39 yards.
"Huge," Snyder said of the receptions. "Joe's catch was unbelievable. He understands the concept of what we're trying to do. If they're going to commit two guys to him, that's one less guy they have to stop Chris, Zac and Adam."
Chesterton rushed for 322 yards and extended its string of scoreless quarters to six before the Wolves got on the board late in the third.
"The defense came out again," Snyder said. "They did a really good job. But things are going to get tougher and tougher as we go along."

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 2 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #52

Really Comfortable

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/743194...higan-city.html

Chesterton racks up yardage in win over Michigan City
By Tom Wyatt Post-Tribune correspondent September 2, 2011 11:54PM
Reprints

Updated: September 2, 2011 11:54PM

MICHIGAN CITY — Joe Troop was just as surprised as everybody else when the punt landed in his hands late in the second quarter on Friday.

The Chesterton junior already has a reputation for being a dangerous punt returner. And Michigan City had made every effort to kick away from Troop on its first four punts. But not this time, and the Wolves paid.

Troop took the punt return 67 yards for a score after darting to his left, getting a huge block that sprung him, and then cutting back across the field and sprinting to the end zone with 1:04 left in the second quarter. It sucked the life out of Michigan City and gave Chesterton a 28-point halftime cushion that turned into a 48-14 Trojans victory in a Duneland Conference opener.

“We say that the offense can do what they do, and the defense can do what they do,” said Troop who returned a punt 43 yards for a TD last week against Munster. “But special teams have to step up.”

Chesterton (2-1) was equally as impressive on offense and defense, compiling 435 yards of offense, including 316 on the ground. Troop set the tone early at wingback, and when the Wolves (1-2) started keying on him, QB Chris Katsafaros and wingback Adam Lara picked up the slack.

Meanwhile, Chesterton fullback Zach Jenks made the most of his carries. He touched the ball four times and scored three times on runs of 18, 5 and 38 yards. Katsafaros led the way with 100 yards on the ground, and 65 came on the first two plays of the third quarter when he scored on a 41-yard TD sprint. Lara added a 22-yard touchdown run.

“We know how the DAC is,” Trojans coach John Snyder said. “Things get tougher and tougher from here on out. You have to be able to play tough on tough.”

Defensively, Chesterton was impressive for the second straight week. Michigan City didn’t get on the board until late in the third quarter when quarterback Joel Hirsch found Josh Gondeck in the end zone for a 10-yard touchdown pass.

The Wolves added a fourth-quarter score when Hirsch sneaked in from a yard out.

“We took a couple steps back this week,” Michigan City coach Michael Karpinski said. “We didn’t execute anything, really. Chesterton didn’t do anything we didn’t see on film. It just came down to execution.”
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 7 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #53

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/750688...ing-record.html

Hutton: SB Washington coach should have passed on national receiving record

By Mike Hutton 648-3139 or mhutton@post-trib.com September 6, 2011 11:30PM

What kind of coach asks the opposing coach if it’s OK to break a national record in the middle of a game?

And just how is the other coach supposed to respond to such a ludicrous inquiry? “Great. Go for it. Humiliate us some more. We actually enjoy the pain and embarrassment you are inflicting on us and we’re looking forward to the press release the IHSAA will send out on Saturday trumpeting Gehrig Dieter’s accomplishment. We’d love for Dieter to get it against us. Why not us?”

Indiana is now one-up on Arkansas in the arms race for most pass reception yardage in a game. J.D. Felice of Rose Bud, Ark., held it before with 421 yards in one game. Should we all be proud Hoosiers or embarrassed for the insensitivity South Bend Washington showed?

Washington coach Antwon Jones, a 1998 Notre Dame graduate, deserves all the derision and scorn that should be piled on him for letting Dieter catch a 39-yard pass on the final play of the game to set the record in a 63-10 victory over Elkhart Central on Friday, giving him 437 yards, the new national record.

That is just so fundamentally wrong and selfish that it’s hard to know where to begin.

But I’ll start here.

Lou Holtz, who recruited Jones, is still covering his eyes at the thought of this absolutely insane scenario. He would’ve never approved.

Jones went for the record, according to the South Bend Tribune, at the behest of Dieter who knew at halftime it was within reach.

He begged the coach for a chance to keep piling up the yards because he was aware of his place in history.

“When somebody has a chance to get a national record, I bet any team in the nation is gonna go for it, not just us,” Dieter told the South Bend Tribune. “We were going to go for it in the first game but I only played three quarters.”

Thankfully, the majority of the coaches in the state don’t hold the view that records are more important than the team or the potential for needless injury. They get it. They understand sportsmanship and how you play the game is important for teenagers. That this doesn’t reflect well on the school, the coach or Dieter.

Jones instinctively knew he was wading into neverland when he brought up the subject with Elkhart Central coach Levon Johnson during the game.

Jones told the South Bend Tribune he received Johnson’s “blessing.” Johnson disputes that version, saying he warned him there would be an issue with sportsmanship if he went for it.

He was right.

The worst part about the move is that by enabling Dieter’s request to go for it, Jones has tainted him with the “S” (S-E-L-F-I-S-H) word when it could’ve been a teaching moment for him that went something like this when Dieter asked about it: “We love you Gehrig. We need you Gehrig. You’re a great player, but I don’t want to risk injury and this is a team game. It’s not about setting records. It’s time to rest.”

Michigan City coach Mike Karpinski knows a little bit about how Elkhart Central feels.

The Wolves were torched by Washington 40-21 in the second game of the season and Dieter piled up 346 yards in receptions. He has a huge amount of respect for Dieter’s game.

He’s not into record-for-the-sake-of-the-record thing.

Karpinski couldn’t bring himself to do what Jones did. In a different smaller way, he had a chance when the Wolves were playing Roosevelt — a game they won 46-0.

Late in the second half, Eric Yarbrough Jr., a wide receiver for the Wolves, whose father happens to be the Roosevelt football coach, pleaded with Karpinski to put him back in the game and throw one deep his way because he had dropped an easy touchdown pass in the first half.

Karpinski made him stay on the sidelines.

“What kind of a message would I be sending if I did that?” he said. “Personally, if I’m winning that big, he’s (Dieter) not playing. That’s just me and you know, he’s fantastic. He’s the real deal.”

And he has the real record, though for those people that chronicle history and know the real deal, it’ll be a record to hold your nose at.

Passing on every play when your team is ahead by double digits. Using your first stringers with a 46-point lead. Sacrificing shared responsibility for individual accolades. Refusing empathy for your overmatched opponent.

That’s a sad story and a sad lesson to pass onto high school football players. It’s not the way the game should be played.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Sep 8 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 1,114

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 3 2011, 12:58 AM) *

I know the JV and Freshman don't mean much but the Michigan City JV are 3-0 and Freshmen beat Chesterton tonight. The JV game at Chesterton last Saturday was very exciting--HOT one too. I have heard some wins are happening at the Middle school level as well. I wish the Varsity could get things to come together for them soon. To beat Valpo at home would be a grand victory. GO WOLVES !!!
+Quote Post
Fancy Nancy
post Sep 9 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,120

biggrin.gif
QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Sep 8 2011, 10:22 PM) *

I know the JV and Freshman don't mean much but the Michigan City JV are 3-0 and Freshmen beat Chesterton tonight. The JV game at Chesterton last Saturday was very exciting--HOT one too. I have heard some wins are happening at the Middle school level as well. I wish the Varsity could get things to come together for them soon. To beat Valpo at home would be a grand victory. GO WOLVES !!!

I think it is awesome that the JV is 3-0 and the Freshman beat Chesterton last Night! Way to go boys! They are the future of Michigan City Football, stay positive Varsity and be coachable and fabulous things will come your way! biggrin.gif Go M.C. and JV stay focus!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #56

It means a lot. It means depth, experience, confidence, and a pipeline for the varsity. It might not be this year, but good things are happening in our football program. It isn't an overnight project to turnaround what happened last year.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 9 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #57

Really Comfortable

Nice to hear the underclassmen are doing well.

Valpo has got to be the wost place for the team to take a loss, take it from me, I've had to witness that gut wrenching heartbreak just way too many times throughout my lifetime. The most painful part is after the team heads off the field and walks together through the stadium gate and into the parking lot and their cleats make this sound on the asphalt, it's like the team is a heard of cattle being lead to slaughter, it goes:

CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK,
CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK, CLICKITY CLACK....

Then after taking the march of death the team hops aboard that yellow submarine and has to take another long sad bus ride all the way back home to Michigan City.

Thank goodness that unless the Wolves draw Valpo again in the sectional this will be the last time Michigan City will have to face Mark Hoffman as the Vikings head football coach because that's exactly what type of anguish that man will put you through.

This has been another motivational and inspirational pep talk from taxthedeer.

+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 9 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 954

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 9 2011, 02:27 PM) *

This has been another motivational and inspirational pep talk from taxthedeer.

huh.gif
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(indianamaniac @ Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM) *

huh.gif

I'm pretty sure that was thick sarcasm.
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 9 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 954

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Sep 9 2011, 03:39 PM) *

I'm pretty sure that was thick sarcasm.

I assumed that, but what was the diatribe leading up to it?
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:58 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com