Reply to this topicStart new topic
> michigan city football 2014
Southsider2k12
post Sep 5 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #41

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

REscheduled for Saturday at 4pm, with JV to follow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 6 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #42

Final score 24-0 Chesterton
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 8 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #43

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 6 2014, 06:11 PM) *

Final score 24-0 Chesterton

Team needs to forget about what happened yesterday. Good news is Chesterton is 6A and City is 5A so the Wolves don't have to worry about the Trojans until next year.

M.C. still has a minimum of 7 games remaing on the schedule and a short week to play against Valpo.

Valpo has a great kicker. Smonar will put the ball in the EZ every time he kicks off making City start from the 20 each and every time and can kick FGs from 40+ yard range, his two long range FGs were the difference in the 19-14 win over La Porte Saturday afternoon. Valpo's defense was stellar. La Porte did not pick up a first down until the very late stages of the 1st half. Going to be critical for City go move the chains and pick up fist down and sustain a drive and for the defense to tackle their opponent and keep them from scoring or else we will see the same cycle repeat itself.

1. Smolnar kicks off into the EZ, City starts at the 20
2. City can't get a first down or sustain a long drive and is forced to punt or turns the ball over.
3. City Defense fails to make tackles or make plays in the secondary and can't stop Valpo from scoring
4. Return to #1.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 8 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #44

Sounded to me like City couldn't make the big play on offense when they needed to so. That is something that can be fixed with some experience.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 8 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #45

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 8 2014, 12:11 PM) *

Sounded to me like City couldn't make the big play on offense when they needed to so. That is something that can be fixed with some experience.

Last years freshmen game at Valpo, City did not pick up a first down until the miday way point of the 3rd quarter.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 8 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 8 2014, 12:11 PM) *

Really just small thing that lead to big plays. Chesterton loaded the box to stop the run and brought the house to do so. When city tried to throw short passes, a lot of them were dropped. On defense, i saw where kids were there to make the tackle, but they didn't (mostly on the option guy) they had the rb and qb taken most of the time. Thought the back up qb was pretty gutsy kid. Saw him put a block on a big DL. But it was the little things that doomed them on this game. And I agree this is something that can be fixed. Had they not tried do short passes when they were blitz happy or the kids weren't around the ball to make the tackle, i would be asking a lot of questions but as I read in the paper, it was truly an execution on all aspects of the game.

What was the issue with the kicker? Washington punted the ball after our first possession and then I see the soccer kicker out there kicking off after half time. If he was hurt why did he kick off, if he wasn't hurt why didn't he punt on the first time out there? I guess it really doesn't matter now, but was just wondering.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 8 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #47

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Sep 8 2014, 12:42 PM) *

What was the issue with the kicker? Washington punted the ball after our first possession and then I see the soccer kicker out there kicking off after half time. If he was hurt why did he kick off, if he wasn't hurt why didn't he punt on the first time out there? I guess it really doesn't matter now, but was just wondering.

I'm guessing he is probably a soccer player too and there was a big tourney downstate Saturday afternoon. That was the issue in the Crown Point-Merrillville game, Merrillville's kicker was playing in the soccer tourney and he did not show up until the end of the 4th quarter, they put him in to kick a game tying XP in OT and he missed it costing the Pirates the game.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 13 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #48

A HUGE 21-14 win over Valpo last night up at Ames. Cain Veasey was over 200 yards on the ground, and Cevin Crawford caught the game winning TD in double OT to seal the game.

It is only the third post consolidation win vs Valpo for MCHS.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 17 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #49

Big Congrats to City's sophomore running back Aryan Cain-Veasey on making it on to the Indianapolis Colt's webpage for his big game last Friday against Valpo.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/The-In...53-d062e041f1c9

Aryan Cain-Veasey scampered for 245 yards and two touchdowns in Michigan City’s 21-14 double-overtime victory against Valparaiso. Cevin Crawford’s 15-yard scoring pass from James Henrich III proved to be the winner for the Wolves, who snapped an 11-game Duneland Conference losing streak.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 19 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

Who's going to Merrillville tonight? Can City get there 4th win? Merrillville hasn't played up to expecations. Ryan Washington is a game time decision. I think Merrillville will win, but some people think it may be close.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 19 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Sep 19 2014, 12:53 PM) *

Who's going to Merrillville tonight? Can City get there 4th win? Merrillville hasn't played up to expecations. Ryan Washington is a game time decision. I think Merrillville will win, but some people think it may be close.

I am not going, mostly because of the distance to go to it.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the history here. We haven't won a DAC road game since 2009. We haven't beaten the Pirates since 2000.

While Merriville is having more trouble than usual scoring, it is still going to be a handful to try to stop that O. I am more optimistic than usual, but still not expecting a W.

Now if they do win this game, my expectations for this season do a 180.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 19 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #52

Pirates 27 Wolves 6, final score.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 19 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #53

Really Comfortable

City was down 12-6 in the 3rd quarter and the Pirates scored a TD on a 3rd down and 43 yards to go from about their own 40. Inexcusable on the part of the City secondary.
+Quote Post
mikey46350
post Sep 20 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 1,283

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 19 2014, 09:53 PM) *

City was down 12-6 in the 3rd quarter and the Pirates scored a TD on a 3rd down and 43 yards to go from about their own 40. Inexcusable on the part of the City secondary.

City run defense performed well. Secondary defense continues to struggle. They lack confidence and it shows, plus their poor tackling after the catch is inexcusable. I believe DAC teams watching film on us will be going up top more and more so City better figure it out quick. Not too many positives to take away on defense, other than the aformentioned play of the d line and linebackers against the run. Offensively, the sophomore qb performed well I thought. I counted at least 5 dropped passes by his receivers. Our inability to score touchdowns in the red zone is frustrating.......
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 21 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Inexcusable is coughing the ball up when you have a lead and are going in for another score. You can't put the ball on the ground anytime but especially near the goal line.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 22 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #56

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 21 2014, 05:50 PM) *

Inexcusable is coughing the ball up when you have a lead and are going in for another score. You can't put the ball on the ground anytime but especially near the goal line.
That's right. This is the second game where the offense did not score a touchdown.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 22 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 22 2014, 11:54 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 21 2014, 05:50 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
That's right. This is the second game where the offense did not score a touchdown.

If valpo was a team win, this was a team loss. All areas were sub par. Can't place it on one or the other. It was all three facets of the game.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 27 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

A tough loss, last night for City at Ames, as they City falls to Lake Central 35-29. City battled back all night and had a chance late, but a LC punt hit a City defender in the head, and LC recovered all but ending City's chances. City heads to Portage next Friday before finishing the season at home against LaPorte for homecoming and Crown Point for Senior night.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 28 2014, 07:42 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Sep 27 2014, 02:28 PM) *

A tough loss, last night for City at Ames, as they City falls to Lake Central 35-29. City battled back all night and had a chance late, but a LC punt hit a City defender in the head, and LC recovered all but ending City's chances. City heads to Portage next Friday before finishing the season at home against LaPorte for homecoming and Crown Point for Senior night.

More than one particular play, penalties and dropped balls by the WRs really hurt the team. Washington had probably his most accurate night as a Wolf.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 29 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 28 2014, 08:42 AM) *

More than one particular play, penalties and dropped balls by the WRs really hurt the team. Washington had probably his most accurate night as a Wolf.

I agree, missed tackles in open space by the lbs, getting beat on deep balls as well as what was mentioned above. There were alot of things that contributed to the loss. The things that have haunted MC in the past are now their stronger points this year. #1 they can run the ball pretty well on offense when there is a threat of a throwing QB, #2 the run defense is pretty solid. To be honest, I didn't see the later one at all coming this year.

Now here is the difference that I see in the attitude of these players from with the ones from the past 6 years, MC got down by 14 points early in the 1st Quarter. In years past they would have been headed to the locker room to go to Steak and Shake at half and the final score would have been 50ish to 0. But they have been in every game each week and have fought back from being down. Don't get me wrong, I see things that need to be fixed, but I also see a team out there on Friday Nights that seem to believe in what they are doing and seem to have a never give up attitude. I don't believe that a loss is a good thing, but I do see a team that has got a good foundation to it for the first time in along while.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:37 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com