> CBTL Spring-Fling 2009
Where to get together?
Outdoor venues
Washington Park [ 8 ] ** [72.73%]
Creek Ridge [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Stribel Pond [ 2 ] ** [18.18%]
Fedder's Alley [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Another suggestion (post below) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Indoor venues (in the event of bad weather)
BW3's [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Swingbelly's [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Bartlett's [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Miller's Pizza [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Another suggestion (post below) [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Ang
post May 7 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Sunday, May 31st will be the CBTL's third get-together. Please select an indoor and outdoor location above on where you would like to meet.

If we do an outdoor thing, my suggestion is for everyone to bring a dish and their own beverages. I know CCR was a chef in another life, and---CCR PLEASE COME THIS TIME!!!---he's got that big smoker/cooker thingy that looks like you'd need a semi-trailer to haul it around that would be perfect for cooking.

So, let's decide on the where and then we'll work out a food list. Also, please remember this is a spring-fling thing and I think it would be fun to be a family affair. Bring the spouse and kids, grandkids, whatever. Most of the parks have covered picnic areas so even if it's raining a little we can still do an outdoor event.

Once we get the details of where we can work on a time.

I'M SO EXCITED AND I THINK WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN AND I HOPE A LOT OF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO COME OUT AND JOIN US!!!!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post May 7 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

QUOTE(Ang @ May 7 2009, 09:14 AM) *
Sunday, May 31st will be the CBTL's third get-together. Please select an indoor and outdoor location above on where you would like to meet.

If we do an outdoor thing, my suggestion is for everyone to bring a dish and their own beverages. I know CCR was a chef in another life, and---CCR PLEASE COME THIS TIME!!!---he's got that big smoker/cooker thingy that looks like you'd need a semi-trailer to haul it around that would be perfect for cooking.

So, let's decide on the where and then we'll work out a food list. Also, please remember this is a spring-fling thing and I think it would be fun to be a family affair. Bring the spouse and kids, grandkids, whatever. Most of the parks have covered picnic areas so even if it's raining a little we can still do an outdoor event.

I'M SO EXCITED AND I THINK WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN AND I HOPE A LOT OF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO COME OUT AND JOIN US!!!!

I voted Washington Park for outside (more trees, thus shadier), however my husband loves Stribel Pond and it does have a gazebo/shelter also I think.
I voted other for inside (although I love BW3) as I wondered if it were possible to get the basement level at Hammers for our private get together or does Ryan's Pub on 4th & Franklin or McGuiness's on 7th have any private or semiprivate rooms? That could work also.
If that is not possible, BW3 would get my vote OR any place is fine with me. I'm EZ to please. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to meeting you all in person!

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
+Quote Post
Michelle
post May 9 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 787

I'll be there, wherever it is. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 9 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 793

QUOTE(Ang @ May 7 2009, 09:14 AM) *

I'm always up for a parrrty! This will be fun.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 11 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #5

OK, we've got 7 responders so far and the party is in three weeks and we still have to put together the food menu.

Um, hellooo.......
Not to be pushy, but we really have to get this ball rolling guys.....

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Dave
post May 11 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

I'm in. So we're going to do a potluck thing? If it's at Washington Park, can we bring a grill or should we bring the pre-cooked food?
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 11 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #7

I'm not sure how that works at Wash park. I don't know if we can bring grills there or not anymore. Can someone call the Park Dept and see? Also, please find out if we need to reserve a space or can we just pick any ol' spot? If we need a reservation, it should go in SSder's name under CBTL.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Michelle
post May 11 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 11 2009, 12:13 PM) *

If we need a reservation, it should go in SSder's name under CBTL.

Good thinking. That way if anything goes wrong, we can pin it all on him. unsure.gif

If the information on the Parks Dept website is accurate, it looks like it would cost $50 to rent a shelter. But it doesn't look like there's any charge for the use of non-shelter picnic tables.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 12 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #9

Well, we won't need to rent a shelter cause if the weather is bad, we have an indoor spot picked. Does it say anything about grills? I know you used to be able to have them, but then some where I heard about a guy who was told there was no grills allowed anymore. But he was on the beach, so maybe that rule only applies to the beach and you can have them up in the park?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 12 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 12 2009, 09:40 AM) *

Well, we won't need to rent a shelter cause if the weather is bad, we have an indoor spot picked. Does it say anything about grills? I know you used to be able to have them, but then some where I heard about a guy who was told there was no grills allowed anymore. But he was on the beach, so maybe that rule only applies to the beach and you can have them up in the park?

On this beautiful sunny day, I put the top down on the Mustang and decided to explore Washington Park for our fling. Here's the findings (while driving):
Unless you're at a shelter, the picnic tables are very far apart and isolated. I don't favor a shelter b/c of the expense; but that's what I saw. Then I went to Streibel Pond to check that out. They have 2 shelters with picnic tables; otherwise, it's the same as Washington Park--far apart and isolated. They charge $50.00 for the shelters; but you can bring grills. I also took the liberty of checking out the county parks. Again there is a charge which varies from park to park.
IMHO, we need a new idea FAST! I like being outside; but I think it's crazy to pay the money.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 12 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #11

who has a big yard? laugh.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 12 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 12 2009, 05:03 PM) *

That's not a bad idea. I don't have a huge yard; but I've entertained over 60 people out there before. We love to have people over. Now we can drink alcohol legally, and we have an indoor and outdoor place. smile.gif My problem (maybe) is that Bob works midnights and needs to sleep during the day.

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post May 12 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

We can check out the smaller parks parks or if no one has a big yard, we can switch to an inside place, but we might want to warn them we are coming LOL.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
+Quote Post
Michelle
post May 12 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 12 2009, 05:03 PM) *

My balcony can hold up to three people! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 14 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Michelle @ May 12 2009, 09:08 PM) *

My balcony can hold up to three people! smile.gif

I talked to Bob and he doesn't care if it is at our house. Who needs sleep? laugh.gif Let me know if that's what everyone wants to do.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 14 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #16

I'm for having it at your place if you're up to it!

Does everyone agree?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post May 15 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 14 2009, 06:02 PM) *
I'm for having it at your place if you're up to it!

Does everyone agree?

Yokas or Blue Chip (via Anthony's offer) - either sounds great!

Yokas, Date, time, what type of food to bring and can you pm everyone the address closer to the date?

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
Ang
post May 15 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #18

As for the food, my thinking is that we could all bring some sort of picnic type dish, Yokas--I assume you have a grill?--and our own beverages. That way people can drink whatever they like or as much as they like, and we'll all get to sample a bit of each other's cooking.

I will have the ability to cook and I make a mean mess of baked beans, so that's what I'm going to bring. Not pork & beans, just beans.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 15 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 15 2009, 11:12 AM) *

As for the food, my thinking is that we could all bring some sort of picnic type dish, Yokas--I assume you have a grill?--and our own beverages. That way people can drink whatever they like or as much as they like, and we'll all get to sample a bit of each other's cooking.

I will have the ability to cook and I make a mean mess of baked beans, so that's what I'm going to bring. Not pork & beans, just beans.

Sorry guys, for the time lapse. I've been busy the last couple days. Yes, let's have everyone bring a dish to share. When you decide what you want to bring, put it on this site so that we don't all bring beans. smile.gif Do you want Bob & I to buy the burgers, brats and buns and have everyone chip in a couple bucks? Or do you want everyone to bring their own meat? It is no inconvenience to us to pick the meat/buns up in advance. I agree with Ang, bring your own beverages. We have about 8-10 outdoor chairs; so some people may want to bring their own. Yes, we have a gas grill. I'd like to have a head count of number of people coming. I'll send directions a little later.
Bob & I are looking forward to this. We think that it will be a fun time!
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 15 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #20

Grown-ups only or a family affair?

What does everyone want to do?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:17 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com