> michigan city football 2014
Southsider2k12
post Sep 29 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #61

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(backwoods @ Sep 29 2014, 10:19 AM) *

I agree, missed tackles in open space by the lbs, getting beat on deep balls as well as what was mentioned above. There were alot of things that contributed to the loss. The things that have haunted MC in the past are now their stronger points this year. #1 they can run the ball pretty well on offense when there is a threat of a throwing QB, #2 the run defense is pretty solid. To be honest, I didn't see the later one at all coming this year.

Now here is the difference that I see in the attitude of these players from with the ones from the past 6 years, MC got down by 14 points early in the 1st Quarter. In years past they would have been headed to the locker room to go to Steak and Shake at half and the final score would have been 50ish to 0. But they have been in every game each week and have fought back from being down. Don't get me wrong, I see things that need to be fixed, but I also see a team out there on Friday Nights that seem to believe in what they are doing and seem to have a never give up attitude. I don't believe that a loss is a good thing, but I do see a team that has got a good foundation to it for the first time in along while.

The attitude and culture around City football has changed a lot over the past few years, even if the record on the field hadn't showed it. This team competes hard, even when they don't have the horses to win.

I will agree that the run defense is really good this year. This is the best defense we have had since the 2009 team, at least. The secondary is definitely the weak link this year. I wonder if they are overcompensating for the run, and leaving the secondary exposed? I noticed there was not much safety help at a couple of points in Friday's game.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 3 2014, 11:13 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

Portage 27 Michigan City 12. Ugly Game. Pass defense was better, except for a few plays but City couldn't stop the run and Portage went on a long time consuming drive to start the 3rd all via the run. Offense did nothing except for a couple big plays.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Oct 4 2014, 07:53 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 980

Same story!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 10 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #64

City beats LaPorte in double OT 34-31!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 11 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #65

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 10 2014, 10:25 PM) *

City beats LaPorte in double OT 34-31!
Sectional draw tomorrow evening. Hope there will be a rematch in the tournament. Always a nice gate when MC and LP play each other.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 11 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

I would love to see a rematch in the tournament. Great Game and win last night. Anybody know how the JV team did this morning at LP?
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Oct 11 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #67

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 11 2014, 09:11 AM) *

Sectional draw tomorrow evening. Hope there will be a rematch in the tournament. Always a nice gate when MC and LP play each other.

What time is the draw? Can someone post it on here... These 3 to 11 shifts are killing me...
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 11 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #68

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Oct 11 2014, 11:09 PM) *

What time is the draw? Can someone post it on here... These 3 to 11 shifts are killing me...

6-8 PM on IHSAATV.org.

I never liked 3-11's either, especially Friday nights. I would always use my vacation days on every Friday night in the fall when I worked 3-11's.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 12 2014, 07:44 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

I feel for you on about the 3-11's Backwoods. I couldn't see the game on Friday due to working midnights. Did anyone see the article in the Times about the lack of talent in the DAC anymore. It was an intersting read. I think Hanlon was the writer and it was the DAC is DOA. I never thought it would get to that but he made some interesting arguments and talked about the best conference possibly being the one with Andrean and Munster in it up North.

I really think the Wolves can win the sectional with a good draw. If you can run the ball you can play with anyone. It is about time someone on the staff figured that out. Besides the two young backs is the talent there to keep improving or is this just an exceptional group of kids?

+Quote Post
backwoods
post Oct 12 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 12 2014, 08:44 AM) *

I feel for you on about the 3-11's Backwoods. I couldn't see the game on Friday due to working midnights. Did anyone see the article in the Times about the lack of talent in the DAC anymore. It was an intersting read. I think Hanlon was the writer and it was the DAC is DOA. I never thought it would get to that but he made some interesting arguments and talked about the best conference possibly being the one with Andrean and Munster in it up North.

I really think the Wolves can win the sectional with a good draw. If you can run the ball you can play with anyone. It is about time someone on the staff figured that out. Besides the two young backs is the talent there to keep improving or is this just an exceptional group of kids?

I really think this staff has done a good job for the most part with trying to establish the run with the threat of the pass to keep them from loading the box. As I see it(mostly from film lately with these @#@ 3-11s) is that they really have a good OL coach this year. I see them really focusing on the point of attack(front d-line). What i mean is they create a crease for the the RB's and then let the RBs do what they do best-make the the Lbs and Dbs miss them in space. I know some don't feel that we open it up enough, but run it if you have those threats back there. It wears down the other teams defense down and those 2-3 yard gains turn into 5-8 yards in the 3rd qrter and breakaways in the 4th qrter. You have to keep taking the hammer to the nail and sooner or later the nail bends or gets driven in. By doing this it also keeps the defense off the field and fresh for when they are on the field. Have to tell you, I just watched to film of the game this morning. What I saw from the play calling is that the coaching staff didn't seem to panic. they did what they do best, run the ball. Even being down 21-7, they didn't come out throwing it up and down the field, they pounded it and essentially got a couple of break away plays for TDs. It really was two different half's. In the second half, the offense controlled the line of scrimmage and wore down LaPortes defense. And the City defense, completely dominated LaPorte with a lot of 3 and outs in the second half. At one point city threw an INT and on the next play city recovered a fumble. Huge. That is where mentally weak teams put their heads down and give up a big TD right away. LaPorte did not score at all in the second half. I was also impressed with how they did really well against LaPorte in goal line in the Over Times. Forcing them to a FG in the second one was huge to say the least. Doing this with arguably the best RB in Northern Indiana in LaPortes backfield. Someone told me Salary has close to 1700/1800 yards already this year. Thats one heck of a RB and OL. I think another thing that got over looked from the game was there were no big run backs on special teams this week that seem to haunt city this year. Short field position is a killer.

I like where this program is headed. It shows a lot of character for them to come back and fight out a win after being down 21-7 at half. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I think the pieces are in place now. The question is can we keep those pieces in place. City has the highest turnover rate for staff I have ever seen not sure why but every year there are always a lot of new faces. They need to have consistency. I see the kids believing in themselves and what they are doing now. Lets keep it that way...

I will now step off my soap box... yes i am that old... only 17 1/2 more months of swing shifts smile.gif
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 12 2014, 11:03 AM
Post #71

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 12 2014, 08:44 AM) *

I was out there over 4 hours Friday night between the Parade and game, the game did not let out until 10:10PM.

Glad I went to the school on Thursday and bought my ticket in advance. I always go into the games about 10 minutes prior to kickoff. The parade the ticket line after the parade was lined from the ticket booth halfway to Franklin St.

Got to meet the new AD Thursday. He seems like a really nice guy, gave me a Michigan City Athletics T-Shirt at my favorite price, FREE. Still going to miss going to the high school and not seeing Bear Falls anymore.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 12 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #72

Really Comfortable

Draw could not have been better.

Top part of the bracket has Mishawaka and John Adams in the play in game then Munster traveling to the winner of that game (which is going to be Munster @ Mishawaka)

Bottom part of the bracket has City and La Porte getting a bye week then another rematch at Ames Field between the Wolves and the Slicers.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 12 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #73

Yeah, it will be a great Halloween night!
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Oct 12 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #74

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 12 2014, 07:13 PM) *

Draw could not have been better.

Top part of the bracket has Mishawaka and John Adams in the play in game then Munster traveling to the winner of that game (which is going to be Munster @ Mishawaka)

Bottom part of the bracket has City and La Porte getting a bye week then another rematch at Ames Field between the Wolves and the Slicers.

Thanks for posting for those of us still at work can stay in the graveyard loop!
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 13 2014, 07:49 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Just got back home from work and saw this too! It looks like a beat up Mishawaka team will be travelling to MC to face the Wolves 11/7 for a sectional crown!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 13 2014, 08:22 AM
Post #76

QUOTE(backwoods @ Oct 12 2014, 11:55 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 12 2014, 08:44 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I really think this staff has done a good job for the most part with trying to establish the run with the threat of the pass to keep them from loading the box. As I see it(mostly from film lately with these @#@ 3-11s) is that they really have a good OL coach this year. I see them really focusing on the point of attack(front d-line). What i mean is they create a crease for the the RB's and then let the RBs do what they do best-make the the Lbs and Dbs miss them in space. I know some don't feel that we open it up enough, but run it if you have those threats back there. It wears down the other teams defense down and those 2-3 yard gains turn into 5-8 yards in the 3rd qrter and breakaways in the 4th qrter. You have to keep taking the hammer to the nail and sooner or later the nail bends or gets driven in. By doing this it also keeps the defense off the field and fresh for when they are on the field. Have to tell you, I just watched to film of the game this morning. What I saw from the play calling is that the coaching staff didn't seem to panic. they did what they do best, run the ball. Even being down 21-7, they didn't come out throwing it up and down the field, they pounded it and essentially got a couple of break away plays for TDs. It really was two different half's. In the second half, the offense controlled the line of scrimmage and wore down LaPortes defense. And the City defense, completely dominated LaPorte with a lot of 3 and outs in the second half. At one point city threw an INT and on the next play city recovered a fumble. Huge. That is where mentally weak teams put their heads down and give up a big TD right away. LaPorte did not score at all in the second half. I was also impressed with how they did really well against LaPorte in goal line in the Over Times. Forcing them to a FG in the second one was huge to say the least. Doing this with arguably the best RB in Northern Indiana in LaPortes backfield. Someone told me Salary has close to 1700/1800 yards already this year. Thats one heck of a RB and OL. I think another thing that got over looked from the game was there were no big run backs on special teams this week that seem to haunt city this year. Short field position is a killer.

I like where this program is headed. It shows a lot of character for them to come back and fight out a win after being down 21-7 at half. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I think the pieces are in place now. The question is can we keep those pieces in place. City has the highest turnover rate for staff I have ever seen not sure why but every year there are always a lot of new faces. They need to have consistency. I see the kids believing in themselves and what they are doing now. Lets keep it that way...

I will now step off my soap box... yes i am that old... only 17 1/2 more months of swing shifts smile.gif

LaPorte had some awful playing calling in the OT. You have the best back in the DAC and you don't give him the ball four times with 10 yards to the end zone? Terrible. Heck, I wouldn't have even kicked the extra point in the first OT, but given Salary the ball from 3 yards out and told him to go win us the game. Odds are pretty good LP is on the bus home as 29-28 winners. Schellinger out thought himself.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 16 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

According to the Michigan City Area Schools Website. City has dropped Roosevelt. They have scheduled a home and home series with Northridge with City going to Northridge in 2015 and Northridge coming to Ames in 2016. Its a Week 2 game. S.B Washington will be on opening night.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TeamSchedule.html ( 6.9k ) Number of downloads: 193
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 16 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #78

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Oct 16 2014, 02:55 PM) *

According to the Michigan City Area Schools Website. City has dropped Roosevelt. They have scheduled a home and home series with Northridge with City going to Northridge in 2015 and Northridge coming to Ames in 2016. Its a Week 2 game. S.B Washington will be on opening night.

New AD, new world.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 16 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #79

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 16 2014, 02:57 PM) *

New AD, new world.
Northridge High School is in the town of Middlebury, right in the heart northern Indiana of Amish country. Sometimes teams form schools like Northridge can be really tough because kids from Amish communities are instilled with a really strong work ethic.

Another great history lesson and game preview of tomorrow night's game by Mark Smith from usa-365.com, somebody didn't tell Mark that Al's Supermarket has relocated:

http://usa-365.com/week_9_2014_preview_CP_..._10-15-2014.htm
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 16 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #80

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 16 2014, 05:16 PM) *

Northridge High School is in the town of Middlebury, right in the heart northern Indiana of Amish country. Sometimes teams form schools like Northridge can be really tough because kids from Amish communities are instilled with a really strong work ethic.

Another great history lesson and game preview of tomorrow night's game by Mark Smith from usa-365.com, somebody didn't tell Mark that Al's Supermarket has relocated:
http://usa-365.com/week_9_2014_preview_CP_..._10-15-2014.htm

Rumor is, no Ryan Washington.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:58 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com