2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Election Time, Here We Go !
Mike Dempsey
post Dec 8 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,022

Ron Meer announces his bid for Mayor. Not to be outdone, the others should follow and the onslaught begins. This should be a fun election season ! The News Dispatch called me today for an interview and asked about my upcoming City Clerk Campaign. Here we go . . . . . !
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tonyd
post Dec 10 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 50

QUOTE(Mike Dempsey @ Dec 8 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Ron Meer announces his bid for Mayor. Not to be outdone, the others should follow and the onslaught begins. This should be a fun election season ! The News Dispatch called me today for an interview and asked about my upcoming City Clerk Campaign. Here we go . . . . . !

+Quote Post
tonyd
post Dec 10 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 50

Hello Mike,

Your web site states that the Deputy City Clerk needs to be held resposnible for a better work ethic. What information do you have regarding Deputy City Clerk Gale Neulieb not performing her duties or putting in less than a 40 hour work week? I understand your concerns with the present City Clerk.

Good Luck on your desire to be the next City Clerk!!
+Quote Post
davew
post Dec 11 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 863

While not announcing anything yet, Someone did post this for me

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Woodson...135641903155856

Dave
+Quote Post
Mike Dempsey
post Dec 12 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,022

Thank you "Tonyd" for your best wishes ! My post to CityBytheLake was in reference to the News Dispatch calling me asking my views on Ms. Neulieb running for Clerk. As I informed reporter, Matt Field, my platform will be based on a different work ethic that has been the current policy of the Clerk's office for many years.

After forming my Exploratory Committee, hitting the streets and listening to the voters' concerns, the one common theme was "after 32 years, it is now time for a change and a revitalization of the Clerk's office."

My formal announcement will detail my platform and plans for a more "efficient and user friendly" City Clerk's office.

Thank you for visiting my website and I appreciate your concerns.

Many more details will emerge in a timely fashion.

Mike Dempsey
+Quote Post
MichiganCityDDS
post Dec 16 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,027

Beth Pishkur stopped by W,I,M,S radio radio this morning in the 5a hour to announce she is the new campaign manager for her brother Bob McKee for Mayor MC

Signature Bar
It is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost. St. Matthew 18-14.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 16 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #7

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Dec 16 2010, 06:45 AM) *

Beth Pishkur stopped by W,I,M,S radio radio this morning in the 5a hour to announce she is the new campaign manager for her brother Bob McKee for Mayor MC

The Mold King is in? Disgusting. The last thing we need it someone who willing endangers their own employees.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 16 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Dec 16 2010, 09:05 AM) *

The Mold King is in? Disgusting. The last thing we need it someone who willing endangers their own employees.

To further clarify, I would vote for an establishment candidate like John Jones sooner than vote for Moldylocks McKee.

I might be on the opposite end of the political spectrum from Mayor Oberlie, but I have always gotten a level of respect and honesty from him. I might not agree with what he does, but usually I can understand the reasoning for it.

I have never gotten that vibe from Bob McKee's camp. My personal dealings with them have been backstabbing, dishonest, and just generally low-brow. I would pretty much vote for anyone else sooner than him. I have absolutely zero trust that Michigan City would go the right direction under his leadership. I would rather keep going the way we are now than to go his direction.
+Quote Post
citizen1
post Dec 16 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,064

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Dec 16 2010, 04:46 PM) *

To further clarify, I would vote for an establishment candidate like John Jones sooner than vote for Moldylocks McKee.

I might be on the opposite end of the political spectrum from Mayor Oberlie, but I have always gotten a level of respect and honesty from him. I might not agree with what he does, but usually I can understand the reasoning for it.

I have never gotten that vibe from Bob McKee's camp. My personal dealings with them have been backstabbing, dishonest, and just generally low-brow. I would pretty much vote for anyone else sooner than him. I have absolutely zero trust that Michigan City would go the right direction under his leadership. I would rather keep going the way we are now than to go his direction.

I Agree McKee is a clone of Oberlie . And Winski and LaRocco are like Salmon they run every three years and then disappear . Until the next cycle .
+Quote Post
Ecotourist
post Dec 16 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #10

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 772

QUOTE(citizen1 @ Dec 16 2010, 07:43 PM) *

I Agree McKee is a clone of Oberlie . And Winski and LaRocco are like Salmon they run every three years and then disappear . Until the next cycle .

Ron Meer is the only candidate for mayor who stands out. His honesty is unquestionable. He proved that by putting the welfare of the people of Michigan City ahead of his own when he reported safety violations to the state.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Dec 16 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Ecotourist @ Dec 16 2010, 08:22 PM) *

Ron Meer is the only candidate for mayor who stands out. His honesty is unquestionable. He proved that by putting the welfare of the people of Michigan City ahead of his own when he reported safety violations to the state.

That is a sad discription of a guy that butted heads with his boss. Doing it from his pulpit on the council from day one. He consulted his lawyer almost 7 years ago about just how far he could push. His putting the welfare first is nothing more than a seven year shoving match between him and Walus. School yard bully's both of them. Childish behavior that cost a lot of money.
+Quote Post
Ecotourist
post Dec 16 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #12

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 772

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Dec 16 2010, 09:34 PM) *

That is a sad discription of a guy that butted heads with his boss. Doing it from his pulpit on the council from day one. He consulted his lawyer almost 7 years ago about just how far he could push. His putting the welfare first is nothing more than a seven year shoving match between him and Walus. School yard bully's both of them. Childish behavior that cost a lot of money.

You must agree that the time that Meer served on the city council is a positive feature. He authored and passed numerous resolutions and ordinances, many intended to directly benefit Michigan City residents. Regarding those things that cost Michigan City a lot of money; do not forget how the political machine did nothing when Al Walus hired his brother-in-law to be a field supervisor ahead of 14 more qualified job applicants, or that the sanitary district was negligent in having no safety procedures for their employees working in pits and confined spaces. Don't get me started.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Dec 17 2010, 06:25 AM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ecotourist @ Dec 16 2010, 09:39 PM) *

You must agree that the time that Meer served on the city council is a positive feature. He authored and passed numerous resolutions and ordinances, many intended to directly benefit Michigan City residents. Regarding those things that cost Michigan City a lot of money; do not forget how the political machine did nothing when Al Walus hired his brother-in-law to be a field supervisor ahead of 14 more qualified job applicants, or that the sanitary district was negligent in having no safety procedures for their employees working in pits and confined spaces. Don't get me started.

NO, I don't have to agree the time that Meer served on the city council is a positive feature. He authored and passed numerous resolutions and ordinances, many intended to directly benefit Michigan City residents. I do have an open mind, so tell us of 7 of these life changing resolutions that have affected quality of life here in Michigan City. That is one per year that Meer spent on the council, should be easy.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 17 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Dec 17 2010, 06:25 AM) *

NO, I don't have to agree the time that Meer served on the city council is a positive feature. He authored and passed numerous resolutions and ordinances, many intended to directly benefit Michigan City residents. I do have an open mind, so tell us of 7 of these life changing resolutions that have affected quality of life here in Michigan City. That is one per year that Meer spent on the council, should be easy.

I'd vote for Meer over anyone else who has announced so far, simply based on the fact that he has been one of the few to stand up to anything in this town.
+Quote Post
citizen1
post Dec 17 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,064

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Dec 17 2010, 06:25 AM) *

Why the change in heart Mr. Mike , Seems as I go back and read the old threads about Mr. Meer you were very supportive of him in past years . I think John Jones is the logical choice . He will have my vote . Very little transition from currant Mayor .
+Quote Post
theotherside60
post Dec 17 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,071

Doesn't anyone think of the Friedman connection when considering Jones? Do you really want Shaw Friedman to have his hands in the operations of Michigan City government? The other candidates are no great shakes for sure, but there has to be a better option than the Jones/Friedman clan.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 17 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(theotherside60 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Doesn't anyone think of the Friedman connection when considering Jones? Do you really want Shaw Friedman to have his hands in the operations of Michigan City government? The other candidates are no great shakes for sure, but there has to be a better option than the Jones/Friedman clan.

I don't want to see that at all, which is my point when I say I would vote for Jones over McKee.

So far out of the declared candidates, this would be my ranking...

Meer
Woodson
Jones

McKee
+Quote Post
theotherside60
post Dec 17 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,071

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Dec 17 2010, 04:07 PM) *

I don't want to see that at all, which is my point when I say I would vote for Jones over McKee.

So far out of the declared candidates, this would be my ranking...

Meer
Woodson
Jones
McKee

But Jones is tied to Friedman more so than McKee
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 17 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(theotherside60 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:26 PM) *

But Jones is tied to Friedman more so than McKee

I talked about my feelings for the McKee camp earlier.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Dec 17 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #20

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(citizen1 @ Dec 17 2010, 01:03 PM) *

Why the change in heart Mr. Mike , Seems as I go back and read the old threads about Mr. Meer you were very supportive of him in past years . I think John Jones is the logical choice . He will have my vote . Very little transition from currant Mayor .

I still like Ron, just not convinced he has the vision to move the City forward. Will wait and see what he has to say. Right now it is a two horse race and not a whole lot of anything being said. It's early though.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:27 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com