3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Split out from WEFM thread
JoeJ
post Dec 1 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 833

Here let me hit that dead horse one more time,just in case it comes back to life

No went from mostly dead to hopefully dead

Joe "i know better than most"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 2 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 1 2008, 07:19 PM) *

Joe "i know better than most"

Most what?!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Dec 2 2008, 08:18 AM) *

Most what?!

Most of you
+Quote Post
kharris
post Dec 2 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 588

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Most of you

And just because of the "tone" of most of your postings ... I have to ask ... why do you think you know better than most of us?
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(kharris @ Dec 2 2008, 09:00 AM) *

And just because of the "tone" of most of your postings ... I have to ask ... why do you think you know better than most of us?

LOL, I said most, not all. Keith, you could be the exception to the rule!

Joe
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 2 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Most of you

That should be easy for you to prove. When will you?

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 2 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 10:33 AM) *

LOL, I said most, not all. Keith, you could be the exception to the rule!

Joe

Don't take this the wrong way, bro - but you're a leaping jerk. Is your life so miserable that you have to come swishing your way into this fine group and act like a tough guy while hiding behind your computer? I've read some of your crap - you have nothing positive to offer and indeed whine like a schoolgirl who went to the beach and got sand stuck in her underwear every chance you get. You obviously have no intention of being part of our gang. The one thing we all have to look forward to is soon your insignficance will become so obvious no one will respond to you any longer.

In the meantime, enjoy it while you can.....
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 2 2008, 04:59 PM) *

Don't take this the wrong way, bro - but you're a leaping jerk. Is your life so miserable that you have to come swishing your way into this fine group and act like a tough guy while hiding behind your computer? I've read some of your crap - you have nothing positive to offer and indeed whine like a schoolgirl who went to the beach and got sand stuck in her underwear every chance you get. You obviously have no intention of being part of our gang. The one thing we all have to look forward to is soon your insignficance will become so obvious no one will respond to you any longer.

In the meantime, enjoy it while you can.....

Tito, give me a tissue
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 2 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 06:13 PM) *

Tito, give me a tissue

Thanks for proving my point.
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 2 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Thanks for proving my point.

I guess I missed your point. Did you even have one? Well, I guess you made fun of me which was almost original. I am not sure where you get off by saying I am hiding behind my computer since everyone in here is doing that.

Lets set the record straight:

Is MC screwed up? Yes! You'd be a moron not to see that!

Is there a fix? Yes!

Can you or I do it by yapping about it on here? No!

What have you done to try to help fix it? I will bet less than I have tried, I have spoken to the Mayor, several council members, our congressman and other local business leaders.

What more do I intend to do about it? Not sure, at this point, as moving is an option since I live in one of the better neighborhoods we could sell reasonably quick (1 to 4 months). I have seen MC slowly circle the toilet for too long. I hate the fact that I moved back here and did not move when we had the chance, but I like my family(who lives in LP) and my church.

So, if you need a devil on here make it me. Frankly, I could care less.
I have heard someone on the WIMS call MC, a city of blunders. Well, we should just paint that on the welcome sign.

Who in their right mind would pick the prison over a state school? (could be just a urban myth)
Who builds a library in the middle of the main street?

Do we not have a city planner with an ounce of sense?

Call me a Jerk, but am I wrong? Could I have more tact? Sure, but sometimes you have to smack the ass to make it pull the wagon.

Joe
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 2 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 07:45 PM) *

I guess I missed your point.

No surprise there.
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Dec 2 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 07:45 PM) *

I am doing smack.

Joe

The answer to the riddle your presence posed is within your post. Case solved, O Troll!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 2 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #13

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 2 2008, 06:45 PM) *

Do we not have a city planner with an ounce of sense?

Michigan City made him mayor!

Call me a Jerk, but am I wrong? Could I have more tact? Sure, but sometimes you have to smack the ass to make it pull the wagon.

I think you are preaching to the wrong choir here with the attitude. I have yet to see a single person on this message board say that they are happy with the state that Michigan City is in. Since that is the case, it makes the floor show a waste of time. There is no need to show off.

I guess I missed your point. Did you even have one? Well, I guess you made fun of me which was almost original. I am not sure where you get off by saying I am hiding behind my computer since everyone in here is doing that.

Actually they aren't. Almost everyone here's name is known, even if we are using a screen name.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 2 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 10

Not only that, but some of us have met face to face and some of us will get together again in a few weeks to meet face to face. Some of us here socialize in public together, talk on the phone, many of us know each other personally, and some of us work together.
We do not hide behind the computer screen. We use this as a means of communication and friendship. Even Tim, whose Father was Our Fair City's Mayor in the 60's, does not hide behind his computer screen.
A lot of us now live out of town (Tim lives in Japan!). We use this site to keep in touch with what's going on "back home." Plus, despite the current condition of MC, we get homesick and our friends here are like a little medicine for that sickness. (sniff, sniff--I love you guys!)
This site was not created to fix Michigan City. This site was created as a means for like minded people to talk about what's going on. But Yes! some people are involved in "fixing" the city, too. Example; City Councilwoman Angie Nelson (RedDevilMC) is one of our members. Jim Arnold is a member, Kieth Harris is a member, Greg Tuel (marram) is a member, just to name a few. All of those people are involved in "fixing" Michigan City. Even our current Mayor is a member, though he doesn't post, I'm sure he reads. As well as his secretary and several other members of City Hall.

So, before you go slamming people and accusing us of things that have no basis, check your facts. Look at the members list and read the archives (that means older posts) and you will see that we do not hide behind our computer screens and monikers!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Max Main @ Dec 2 2008, 08:00 PM) *

The answer to the riddle your presence posed is within your post. Case solved, I am an O Troll!

We both can do creative editing - nice

Joe
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 2 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #16

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 2 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Not only that, but some of us have met face to face and some of us will get together again in a few weeks to meet face to face. Some of us here socialize in public together, talk on the phone, many of us know each other personally, and some of us work together.
We do not hide behind the computer screen. We use this as a means of communication and friendship. Even Tim, whose Father was Our Fair City's Mayor in the 60's, does not hide behind his computer screen.
A lot of us now live out of town. We use this site to keep in touch with what's going on "back home." Plus, despite the current condition of MC, we get homesick and our friends here are like a little medicine for that sickness. (sniff, sniff--I love you guys!)
This site was not created to fix Michigan City. This site was created as a means for like minded people to talk about what's going on. But Yes! some people are involved in "fixing" the city, too. Example; City Councilwoman Angie Nelson (RedDevilMC) is one of our members. Jim Arnold is a member, Kieth Harris is a member, Greg Tuel (marram) is a member, just to name a few. All of those people are involved in "fixing" Michigan City. Even our current Mayor is a member, though he doesn't post, I'm sure he reads. As well as his secretary and several other members of City Hall.

So, before you go slamming people and accusing us of things that have no basis, check your facts. Look at the members list and read the archives (that means older posts) and you will see that we do not hide behind our computer screens and monikers!

Very well put, Ang. We indeed are a group - and even though we have our differences I feel everyone here respects each others' positions - EXCEPT this goof. For that reason, and in the spirit of the season, I vote we don't let him play in any of our reindeer games.
+Quote Post
Tom Burns
post Dec 2 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 827

QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 2 2008, 09:07 PM) *

Very well put, Ang. We indeed are a group - and even though we have our differences I feel everyone here respects each others' positions - EXCEPT this goof. For that reason, and in the spirit of the season, I vote we don't let him play in any of our reindeer games.

In social psychology that type is referred to as an overactive deviant. They twist facts and draw absurb conclusions in hope of swaying a group. When that fails they either conform or withdraw. They thrive on attention. Best to ignore them.
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 2 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #18

Hey Burns,

Sorry, run your station any way you want.
Ultimately, I would care less. I listen to Ric in the AM then switch over to my iPod or WLS.

Joe
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 2 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 2 2008, 09:02 PM) *

A lot of us now live out of town (Tim lives in Japan!). We use this site to keep in touch with what's going on "back home." Plus, despite the current condition of MC, we get homesick and our friends here are like a little medicine for that sickness. (sniff, sniff--I love you guys!)

I will say one thing. We are all NOT like-minded for the most part. There are some very diverse ideas and backgrounds on this site. I would hardly say my political mindset is the same as say Dave for example. There are some commonalities to be sure, but the one thing almost everyone does is try to show some respect to the other people on the site, at least for the most part. That has been my biggest disappointment with Joe's whole posting style. His opinions don't bother me, its his execution of them.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 2 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Dec 2 2008, 08:27 PM) *

I will say one thing. We are all NOT like-minded for the most part. There are some very diverse ideas and backgrounds on this site. I would hardly say my political mindset is the same as say Dave for example. There are some commonalities to be sure, but the one thing almost everyone does is try to show some respect to the other people on the site, at least for the most part. That has been my biggest disappointment with Joe's whole posting style. His opinions don't bother me, its his execution of them.

Okay. Let me rephrase - We are a diverse group of people who share many of the same opinions. laugh.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com