> Michigan City Wolves Football, PLEASE READ
taxthedeer
post Jul 25 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

IPB Image

Pulled this image off varcomsports.com. I'd like to ask anyone who reads this thread to come out on Friday nights with your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers etc., on the home dates shown above this fall to Ames Field and support our Wolves.

I'd also kindly like to request that one of the forum admins to pin this topic.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 25 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The thread is pinned! I can't wait for football. This is the team in City that is the most poised to make a jump in the next season.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 27 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

I also believe this will be THE year for the Wolves football program.

I will be found at Ames on Friday nights, my game coat is out and ready to go!! (You'll know it's me cause all the Athletic staff have the same coat and my name is embroidered on it! laugh.gif)

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 30 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #4

http://www.post-trib.com/sports/hutton/168...on-0728.article

The one ah-ha hire on the board was supposed to be at Lew Wallace, where they were set to bring in Eric Schreiber, a hard charging assistant from Griffith with a track record as a head coach at Bishop Noll and Greensburg.

He was going to take the job as a challenge with the idea he could help young kids and build something respectable.

Contrary to a couldn't-be-more-wrong published report, Schreiber is not the coach. He's going to Michigan City to coach the offense and to teach, according to Griffith head coach Russ Radtke.

They couldn't find a teaching job for him in the building so he bolted.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 30 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Jul 30 2009, 10:31 AM) *
When I take a look and see what's going on in other places it makes sit back and count my blessing for what we DO have.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 30 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #6

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/files/logs173.htm

MICHIGAN CITY
WOLVES
Coach: Craig Buzea, 6-14 in 3rd year at school, 113-59 in 17th year overall
DATE OPPONENT CENTRAL TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 21 Gary Roosevelt {4A} 7:00 pm
Aug. 28 South Bend Washington {4A} 7:00 pm
Sep. 4 Chesterton {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Sep. 11 at Valparaiso {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Sep. 18 Merrillville {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Sep. 25 at Lake Central {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Oct. 2 Portage {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Oct. 9 at LaPorte {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
Oct. 16 at Crown Point {5A}‡ 7:00 pm
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 1 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #7

The announcement has been officially made, Adam Parkhouse and I will be your radio voices for Michigan City Wolves football in 2009 on WIMS radio. I can't wait!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 1 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10

Are they doing the New Prairie scrimmage this year? It's not on the above schedule.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 7 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

Accoridng to the schedule poster they will be schrimmaging against New Prairie, unsure of the date and time.

Here's what's going on tomorrow, sounds like something fun to do before heading to Washington Park beach for boat race trials (weather permitting):

Wolves BLUE - GRAY Game SATURDAY @ 10:00 am
The Michigan CityHigh School Football Team is inviting the public to their Pre-Season Intra squad Blue–Gray Game on Saturday August 8th, starting at 10:00 a.m. at Ames Field.

After the scrimmage, the Wolves players will meet and greet their fans on the field and will be available to sign autographs for the youngsters and take pictures with the players as well.

Free hot dogs will be available to all fans. MC Football t-shirts, visors and posters will be available to purchase
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 7 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #10

Excellent. I am going to try to make it out there.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 8 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #11

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9587...3874&ref=mf

Here are the first pictures from the 8/8/9 intrasquad practice game for the Wolves football team, also the first sports activity on the new field turf at Ames. The turf really held up well after a night of rain. There were no slips that I saw while I was watching them. The offense looks like it is going to be opened up this year as they operated exclusively out of the shotgun during their practice. They really looked sharped as they moved the ball really well. Adam Harmon looked good at RB, as did new QB junior Rodney Washington.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 10 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Aug 8 2009, 12:07 PM) *

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9587...3874&ref=mf

Here are the first pictures from the 8/8/9 intrasquad practice game for the Wolves football team, also the first sports activity on the new field turf at Ames. The turf really held up well after a night of rain. There were no slips that I saw while I was watching them. The offense looks like it is going to be opened up this year as they operated exclusively out of the shotgun during their practice. They really looked sharped as they moved the ball really well. Adam Harmon looked good at RB, as did new QB junior Rodney Washington.
After watching the ALCO interview with coach Buzea reading Parkhouse's Home Cookin' article in the N-D, I found it interesting that coach Scheirber was brought in from Griffith to run a spread option offense. Not exactly my favorite style of football to watch, but I guess the coaching staff figures that will be their best chance of having any type of success with the players they have on this years team.

ALCO interview:

http://alco.org/images/stories/videos/asdv 073009 17min.wmv

Parkhouse Article Link

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 13 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 10 2009, 01:07 PM) *

After watching the ALCO interview with coach Buzea reading Parkhouse's Home Cookin' article in the N-D, I found it interesting that coach Scheirber was brought in from Griffith to run a spread option offense. Not exactly my favorite style of football to watch, but I guess the coaching staff figures that will be their best chance of having any type of success with the players they have on this years team.

ALCO interview:

http://alco.org/images/stories/videos/asdv 073009 17min.wmv

Parkhouse Article Link

Having watched this team for a few years, this is a great move for them. To be honest, this team is small, and usually is small when compared to their DAC foes. They really have large disadvantages in the trenches because of this. They also usually get worn down as the season goes on (my theory). I think a switch to this offense will really take some pressure off of the backs and tightends and maybe save them a little more as the season goes on. It also looks like the skill personnel are a good fit as both the QB and RB (Washington and Harmon) have the skills to make it work.

As a reminder you can hear Adam and I tomorrow night on the call for the practice game against New Prairie on WIMS
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 13 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Aug 13 2009, 12:31 PM) *

Having watched this team for a few years, this is a great move for them. To be honest, this team is small, and usually is small when compared to their DAC foes. They really have large disadvantages in the trenches because of this. They also usually get worn down as the season goes on (my theory). I think a switch to this offense will really take some pressure off of the backs and tightends and maybe save them a little more as the season goes on. It also looks like the skill personnel are a good fit as both the QB and RB (Washington and Harmon) have the skills to make it work.

As a reminder you can hear Adam and I tomorrow night on the call for the practice game against New Prairie on WIMS

Wolves really arn't that "small" Buzea said in the interview that he's got one kid the weighs 305 lbs. that was named the junior all-state team and another 280 lbs Purdue recruit. I just prey that the key players avoid the dreaded injury bug.

I'm really glad to see the Wolves moved back into sectional 2, how sweet would it be to for the Wolves knock Penn out of the playoffs cool.gif .

A big thumbs up to the folks at WIMS for broadcasting Wolves football over the airwaves.

Does anybody know the names, grade and position(s) of the 15 fellas featured on the schedule poster?

Everybody get out to the schrimage tommorrow night, weather is supposed to be beautiful.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 14 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #15

Really Comfortable

Be sure to stop in across the street at Al's and pick-up a can of Spam or something.

All spectators attending the City game are asked to bring a non-perishable food item as admission to the game. All donated food will be given to the Salvation Army Food Pantry. Without the item, admission is $2.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 14 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #16

Last minute notice, but WIMS will NOT be broadcasting tonight. It seems NIPSCO fried their transmitter, and can't work on it until after the game is going to be over.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 15 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #17

I'll share my thoughts on the scrimmage later on!

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=25183

PRACTICE WORTH STUDYING
H.S. Football: New Prairie at Michigan City (Scrimmage)

Adam Parkhouse
Staff Writer

MICHIGAN CITY - Michigan City worked on its passing game and New Prairie worked on, well, what New Prairie does.

At the end of the day, both coaches had the same thought following Friday's scrimmage at Ames Field: Time to look at the tape.

"We're the same as we've always been," second-year New Prairie coach Marty Mosson said, his team running the option as efficiently as usual. "We'll have to look at the film before we can judge (anything)."

Michigan City coach Craig Buzea admitted his team will look nothing like the one present Friday once the season starts for real next week.

"We told our guys we'd run one running play," Buzea said. "We came out here with the idea that we'd throw the ball because we thought our passing game needed a little work."

Indeed, City was pass-heavy, quite the departure from last weekend's intra-squad scrimmage which featured a spread option attack.

"It's not gonna be our identity to throw that much," Buzea said. "But we view this as a practice."

The scrimmage was broken up into three different segments: First, each team ran 15 plays from its own 35-yard line; then each squad took 10 snaps from its opponent's 10-yard line; last, the first-teamers took 12 snaps from the opponent's 35-yard line.

Though no official score was kept, the scrimmage was essentially a stalemate with each team scoring three touchdowns.

During New Prairie's first set, City's defense stood tall and kept the Cougars out of the end zone, forcing one turnover when Phil Taylor intercepted a David Siddall pass.

When it was City's turn with the ball, it appeared the Wolves would march down the field at will. The first play was a 14-yard run from Adam Harmon. After junior quarterback Rodney Washington was tackled for a 3-yard loss, he hooked up with Harmon for a 41-yard pass and Harmon scored from 13 yards out on the next play.

But that was City's lone touchdown of the 15-play set, though the Wolves did threaten. Washington hooked up with Blake Surface for a 29-yard gain then with Harmon on the next play for 11 yards. But Trevor Woolum caught what looked to be a probable TD, only to fumble on the goalline. New Prairie recovered, and City didn't threaten again for the rest of the set.

In the goalline set, Siddall threw a pair of touchdown passes (on the fourth and ninth plays).

City answered with two touchdowns of its own, a 2-yard run from Harmon and a 19-yard strike from Washington to Tracy Rivera after consecutive big losses.

Siddall threw his third touchdown pass of the night for the run-happy Cougars on New Prairie's second play in the third set, a 35-yard strike.

"We hadn't talked much about passing," Buzea said. "So we got beat over the top a couple times."

City was held scoreless in its final set, turning the ball over on downs once.

All in all, this night was more about evaluating talent than scoreboard watching.

"Some of the guys are known," Buzea said. "We just want to put some other guys under the fire for the first time.

"The whole idea is to get it on film."

Contact Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 461.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 17 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #18

Well going by what I saw Friday, there is still a bit of a learning curve for the Wolves in this offense. They made a lot of big plays, but they also had a lot of plays for losses. They are going to have to eliminate the mistakes, as they won't be able to beat teams if they are 3rd and 15 on a regular basis.

The defense is a little scarier to me, as there were too many times that NP seemed to move the ball at will against us.

My prediction is that we see lots of high scoring shootouts at Ames this year.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 17 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #19

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=25206

THE RUNDOWN - WEEK BY WEEK
Home Cookin'

Adam Parkhouse
Sports Editor, The News-Dispatch

Fans of Michigan City's football team have now gotten the opportunity for a couple looks at the 2009 squad.

What have we learned so far? Well, talk to me after Week 2.

You might be saying, "Week 2? But you've always said that the Duneland Conference opener in Week 3 is always the real, true test."

That's true, I have written that many times. But things have changed a bit. First, South Bend Washington beat City - an albeit suspension-depleted City squad - last season during Week 2.

Many of the players from that Panthers squad are back this year, and apparently some newcomers have hopped aboard, causing coach Craig Buzea to tell me Washington may be the best team on the schedule this season.

That's a good thing to me. Competition is a good thing, and you want to be prepared for the rigors of the DAC.

What about the rest of the schedule? Week 1 (Gary Roosevelt) is a throw-away game. Nothing against the Panthers players, but the program is in disarray. There were even reports as recent as within the last week that the Panthers were still looking for players.

The DAC schedule, as anyone knows, is unforgiving. Here's the breakdown (all games start at 7 p.m.):

Sept. 4: Chesterton - City took a pair of defeats at the hands of the co-DAC champion Trojans in 2008 (33-21 in the regular season and 28-19 in the sectional). The Trojans are always pretty tough, and an option-heavy attack this season could cause problems for the Wolves, who did get a look at a similar attack Friday in the scrimmage against New Prairie.

Sept. 11: at Valparaiso - The Vikings, co-DAC champs in 2008, handed the Wolves their worst loss of the season (32-14) and most agree are the favorite to repeat as conference kings this season. Valpo's had just one losing regular season since 1994.

Sept. 18: Merrillville - There are a few things guaranteed in life: Death, taxes and Merrillville football being a tough team to beat. The Pirates downed the Wolves last season on a last-second field goal (17-14) but the Wolves will look to beat the Pirates for the first time since 2000.

Sept. 25: at Lake Central - When the Indians came into the DAC in 2003, they were the doormats of the league for three seasons, going 0-21 in DAC play during that time. Since then, Lake Central has developed into a tough program capable of hanging with any opponent. City beat the Indians 10-7 last year at Ames Field.

Oct. 2: Portage - The Buzz Bowl returns to Ames as Buzea takes on his former team for the third time. The Indians beat City 27-13 in 2007 and won an overtime thriller last season 20-14, arguably City's most disappointing loss of the season. As many of the Portage players who played for Buzea during his highly successful run with the school move on, this game will take on less intensity, but that element will always be there.

Oct. 9: at La Porte - City topped its intra-county rival 34-28 in a shootout last season. The Slicers have lost quite a bit, but still have one of the best quarterbacks in the league in senior Dustin DeMuth. Of course emotions always run high in this matchup and, as the saying goes, throw the records out the window when they meet.

Oct. 16: at Crown Point - City's 7-3 win over Crown Point to end the 2008 regular season was a great win, even if the Bulldogs weren't quite to their form from the previous three seasons. Crown Point is always a difficult place to play and this remains a difficult way to end the season.

So what's my prediction? I could see anywhere from two to seven wins. I know, that's a big range.

But Weeks 2 through 5 are brutal, and it's quite conceivable City could leave that stretch 1-4. If they're 3-2 after that stretch, I think six wins is a really good possibility.

But that's life in the DAC. Every game is tough and you can take nothing for granted.

If you do, you get burned. Here's to hoping the Wolves aren't left reaching painfully for the aloe vera.

For more info on the Wolves and all the area squads, check out our football preview in Thursday's edition of The News-Dispatch.

Contact Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 461.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 21 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #20

The regular season opener is tonight against Gary Roosevelt! God even managed to send us a little football weather for it! Enjoy, and if you are out and about stop by the press box and say hey!
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:34 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com