Southsider2k12
post Jun 9 2020, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

https://www.abc57.com/news/michigan-city-ma...unday-s-protest

The mayor shared the following statement:

“As a nation and in our community, we have witnessed and shared in the grief over the tragic death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. We also have seen the protests and sometimes violence and destruction that has occurred in some cities.

I was notified by our Police Chief, Dion Campbell, of a planned peaceful protest scheduled for Sunday at 6:00 pm. Our Police Chief and his staff prepared for this event and developed a strategy to have a peaceful protest with minimal incident. I spent the afternoon and evening at the M.C. Police Station and was kept informed of what was happening in our City.

As your Mayor, I would like to personally acknowledge Chief Dion Campbell and his staff at the Michigan City Police Department along with the countless assisting agencies and staff including the Indiana State Police, Sheriff John Boyd, and the LaPorte County Sheriff’s Department, along with Trail Creek and Long Beach Police Departments, Michigan City Fire Department, LaPorte County 911, and our LaPorte County Emergency Medical Service. I could not be prouder of the men and women that put themselves and our City ahead of everything else to insure a safe, peaceful protest.

I want to thank the demonstrators who peacefully exercised their right to free speech. The protest was motivated by a desire for justice, equality, and accountability in the United States. I am angered and disappointed though by the individuals who chose to engage in unnecessary acts of violence and destruction, which undermined the true meaning of the protest. In these unpredicted times, we must all work together to achieve change.

Again, my thanks and appreciation to Chief Campbell for his courageous leadership and the unselfish dedication of the men and women of the Michigan City Police Department and all the assisting agencies.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:27 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com