Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nice Striebel Pond letter
Southsider2k12
post Oct 23 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Its really nice to see recognition for the guy really behind this... George Neagu.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=53117.33

Striebel Pond Awesome Park
Those who have tasted the beauty that is Striebel Pond know it is something for which our city should be very proud. As many are aware, what was to be merely a retention pond to relieve Village Green residents from paying countless dollars on flood insurance became, instead, something far better.

As I, personally, have enjoyed this awe-inspiring park, my gratitude reaches to many. There were city officials, engineers and many others whose shared vision and hard work brought this beautiful place into being. Truly, I appreciate them all.

But when I think of the single person whose gentle, but ever-so-persistent urgings kept this very worthwhile project going - through two mayors and over the course of many years, I think of George Neagu. Anyone who has ever had the privilege of knowing George, being on a committee with him, being a guest in his home or a recipient of his great cooking knows that he is a man of uncommon grace and quiet determination. I truly believe that, were it not for George, I would never have known the joy of this beautiful place.

A journey to Striebel Pond is good for the soul. Surrounded by plant life, waterfowl, pleasant folks walking their dogs, rollerbladers, bicyclers, I have found a place that is truly a sanctuary.

There I have grieved so many losses, pondered my mortality, my faith, my purpose in this life, as well as celebrated the love I have known from my family and friends. And while nearly every time I go, the breezes carry my gratitude to God, it feels right to say publicly, "Thank you, George."

Felicia Thomas

Michigan City
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 24 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Yes, that just about say it all.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:48 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com