Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Washington Park Plaque Still Recgonizes Serial Pedophile John Rudisell
taxthedeer
post Aug 27 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Rode my Helix to Washington Park this afternoon. I am in complete disbelief that John Rudisell's name is still on a plaque dedicating the Bathhouse. John Rudisell is a serial pedophile who doesn't deserve to be honored or recognized for anything for future generations to see and his name needs to removed from this plaque.

Who should I talk to about removing this sicko's name off this plaque?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tim
post Aug 29 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 27 2015, 05:56 PM) *

Rode my Helix to Washington Park this afternoon. I am in complete disbelief that John Rudisell's name is still on a plaque dedicating the Bathhouse. John Rudisell is a serial pedophile who doesn't deserve to be honored or recognized for anything for future generations to see and his name needs to removed from this plaque.

Who should I talk to about removing this sicko's name off this plaque?

Attached Image

Have you asked the Port Authority?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 29 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Did a little research. His name is also on a plaque dedicating Millennium Park, the Port Authority Building and another bath house in addition on a plaque on a building at Pioneer Land at the La Porte County Fairgrounds.

Here is a link to a back article from 2004 stating it would cost between $2,000 - $5,000 to have his name removed which I find hard to believe. The article also says that Rudisell is serving a 100 year prison sentence for having sex with over 100 boys between the age of 12 and 16 over a 13 year period.

http://www.heraldargus.com/news/get-his-na...120ea80d31.html

The city council also unanimously passed a resolution back in 2004 to have his name removed but obviously nothing ever done about it. The resolution was introduced by then councilman Ron Meer.

The Clerk read in its entirety, at the request of Councilman Meer

RESOLUTION NO. 4218

RESOLUTION OF THE COMMON COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF
MICHIGAN CITY, INDIANA AUTHORIZING THE REMOVAL OF
JOHN RUDISELL’S NAME FROM MILLENNIUM PARK GROUNDS
AND PORT AUTHORITY PROPERTIES

WHEREAS, the name of former Harbormaster John Rudisell is displayed on various commemorative
plaques on Millennium Park grounds and Port Authority properties, and
WHEREAS, while employed with the Port Authority, John Rudisell engaged in various unethical and
criminal behavior, and
WHEREAS, the degree of the nature of the crimes committed by John Rudisell should preclude him
from being honored on various plaques on Millennium Park grounds and Port Authority properties, and
WHEREAS, the degree and nature of the crimes committed by John Rudisell warrant the removal of
his name from various plaques on Millennium Park grounds and Port Authority properties,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Common Council of the City of Michigan City,
Indiana, hereby encourages the removal of John Rudisell’s name from Millennium Park grounds and
Port Authority properties.
This Resolution shall be in full force and effect after passage and approval by the Mayor.
INTRODUCED BY: /s/ Ron Meer
Councilman Meer moved to adopt the Resolution, seconded by Councilman Lungren.
There was discussion among Councilmen Meer, Lungren, and Przybylinski and Thomas Alevizos (413 Barker
Road).
March 2, 2004 Page 5
The motion carried and the Resolution was adopted by the following vote: AYES: COUNCIL MEMBERS
Jankowski, Lungren, Meer, Milsap, Przybylinski, Baker, Boy, and Doyle, (9). NAYS: None (0).
+Quote Post
Tim
post Aug 31 2015, 01:30 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 29 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Did a little research. His name is also on a plaque dedicating Millennium Park, the Port Authority Building and another bath house in addition on a plaque on a building at Pioneer Land at the La Porte County Fairgrounds.

Here is a link to a back article from 2004 stating it would cost between $2,000 - $5,000 to have his name removed which I find hard to believe. The article also says that Rudisell is serving a 100 year prison sentence for having sex with over 100 boys between the age of 12 and 16 over a 13 year period.

http://www.heraldargus.com/news/get-his-na...120ea80d31.html
The city council also unanimously passed a resolution back in 2004 to have his name removed but obviously nothing ever done about it. The resolution was introduced by then councilman Ron Meer.

Well - that's certainly strange. But is this really that big a deal? I mean, how many people actually know about this, or look at that sign and make any connection to a criminal in prison? I get your point, but I'd think this is a blip on the local radar.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 1 2015, 06:50 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

I saw the plaque at Millennium Park and the Port Authority Building and could not find the one on the 2nd bathhouse. The ones at Millennium Park and the Port Authority Building are so obscure they are barely noticeable even though the Port Authority building is only steps away from the Danny Bruce Memorial.

I feel the one on the bath house adjoining the boat launch that I pictured need to have Rudisell's name removed from it.
+Quote Post
Oscar Gurtgorter
post Sep 2 2015, 10:13 AM
Post #6

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,193

QUOTE(Tim @ Aug 31 2015, 02:30 AM) *

Well - that's certainly strange. But is this really that big a deal? I mean, how many people actually know about this, or look at that sign and make any connection to a criminal in prison? I get your point, but I'd think this is a blip on the local radar.

Umm... Yeah... to quote Uncle Joe Biden, "It's a big fuckin' deal" How many people actually know about this, you ask? Let's add 'em up and jot 'em down, Lum... 100 victims who are now adults, their families and relatives. Also, concerned citizens of Our Fair City and anyone in general who actually gives a damn. That's quite a few.
I can only imagine what horrible memories are stirred when a victim sees, hears or even smells anything related to that monster.
This little "blip" is a festering sore point that needs to be addressed immediately. It diminishes the city's image and deeply discounts the damage this bastard did to innocent children of this community.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 3 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Oscar Gurtgorter @ Sep 2 2015, 10:13 AM) *

Umm... Yeah... to quote Uncle Joe Biden, "It's a big fuckin' deal" How many people actually know about this, you ask? Let's add 'em up and jot 'em down, Lum... 100 victims who are now adults, their families and relatives. Also, concerned citizens of Our Fair City and anyone in general who actually gives a damn. That's quite a few.
I can only imagine what horrible memories are stirred when a victim sees, hears or even smells anything related to that monster.
This little "blip" is a festering sore point that needs to be addressed immediately. It diminishes the city's image and deeply discounts the damage this bastard did to innocent children of this community.

I don't see it that way at all.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 3 2015, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Oscar Gurtgorter @ Sep 2 2015, 11:13 AM) *

John Espar is asking for $220,000 to set up a child protection task force but yet these plaques honors and recognizes the worst violator in county history.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...bedc44294f.html
+Quote Post
outsider
post Sep 3 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,288

The resolution "encourages" the removal of this criminal's name from the plaques. It does not "require" or "order" it to be done.

My guess is that the resolution was written using the word "encourage" knowing the cost of removal.

Lot's of toothless resolutions like this one are passed to express displeasure. I am sure the council that passed it knew k=nothing would be done about.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 9 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Oscar Gurtgorter @ Sep 2 2015, 10:13 AM) *

Well, I certainly didn't mean to make light of something that had serious effects on this scumbag's victims. But as far as diminishing the city's image - to only a very small percentage of people, IMHO.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 10 2015, 04:15 AM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 9 2015, 04:51 PM) *

Well, I certainly didn't mean to make light of something that had serious effects on this scumbag's victims. But as far as diminishing the city's image - to only a very small percentage of people, IMHO.

I've sent this information to investigative reporters at ABC7 Chicago I Team, WGN Investigates and WNDU 16 in South Bend. Perhaps more than a small percentage of locals will be made aware of this matter.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 10 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 10 2015, 04:15 AM) *

I've sent this information to investigative reporters at ABC7 Chicago I Team, WGN Investigates and WNDU 16 in South Bend. Perhaps more than a small percentage of locals will be made aware of this matter.

That would be good. But as to this point in time, I'll stick with small percentage.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 31 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 10 2015, 04:15 AM) *

Did any of these news agencies respond to you?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com