> 87 yr old City man claims he was forced to haul Cocaine
Southsider2k12
post Oct 26 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111025/N...t%7CFRONTPAGE33

DETROIT -- An 87-year-old Indiana man arrested with 104 bricks of cocaine in his pickup truck told a judge Monday that he was forced at gunpoint to carry the load.

During a boisterous appearance in court, Leo Sharp had trouble keeping quiet, even after he was warned that anything he said could be used against him. There were grins and occasional laughter from lawyers, spectators and U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Randon.

Federal prosecutors wanted to keep Sharp locked up, but the Michigan City, Ind., man was released on bond three days after he was stopped for improper lane use while driving alone on I-94 near Chelsea, 60 miles west of Detroit.

With the help of a drug-sniffing dog, state troopers discovered 104 brick-sized packages of cocaine Friday, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

"You're dealing with a man forced to do what I did by gunpoint," Sharp told the judge.

A criminal complaint signed by a DEA agent is thin on details, and there was no mention in court about Sharp's destination. The judge had to speak loudly after Sharp said he had lost some hearing during a war. Sharp did not elaborate.

Sharp asked that he be allowed to get medicine that apparently had been seized by officers.

"I could have a stroke," he said.

At another point, Sharp said he probably could read better than anyone in the courtroom and that he's writing a book. He "absolutely" promised to return to court on Nov. 10. "You're the boss," Sharp told the judge, who ordered a mental-health evaluation.

"I'm sorry, sir, to be so troublesome," Sharp said.

Outside court, he told The Associated Press he grows lilies on a 46-acre Indiana farm.

"I love plants. It's a serious love -- except the crap that makes you high," Sharp said. "I'm innocent. You'll learn about it."

Defense attorney Ray Richards said he thinks the amount of cocaine tops 200 pounds.

"This case is going to be challenging," Richards said.

DEA spokesman Rich Isaacson said he couldn't discuss details of the investigation but said the role of an 87-year-old man was unusual.

"Drug-trafficking groups use all kinds of measures to avoid detection by law enforcement. Using an older gentleman could be another strategy," he said.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 10 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #2

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-...0,4345148.story

DETROIT—
An 87-year-old Indiana man has been indicted by a federal grand jury in Detroit, three weeks after he was stopped with a load of cocaine in his pickup truck.

The indictment replaces a criminal complaint that was filed after Leo Sharp's arrest in Washtenaw County, west of Detroit, on Oct. 21. Police say he had bricks of cocaine that totaled more than 200 pounds.

Sharp was indicted Tuesday. He's expected to be arraigned on the new drug charge Monday. A message seeking comment was left for his attorney.

When he was in court last month, Sharp said he was forced at gunpoint to deliver the cocaine. He didn't elaborate. Sharp lives in the Michigan City, Ind., area and says he grows lilies.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 10 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #3

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111108/ME...36;104K-as-mule

Sources: Drug suspect stood to make as much as $104K as mule
Robert Snell/ The Detroit News

Detroit— Leo Sharp, an 87-year-old Indiana man who says he was forced to work as a drug courier, might have been working like a mule, but he was being paid like a prince, The Detroit News has learned.

Sharp stood to make as much as $104,000 for hauling 228 pounds of cocaine, a deal busted last month by the Michigan State Police and federal drug agents, sources told The Detroit News.

The bust and payday details are the latest developments in the life of a colorful eccentric who charmed and puzzled acquaintances with fantastic tales and generosity.

"I should say the arrest came as a shock to me, but it didn't," said acquaintance Gisela Meckstroth of Reynoldsburg, Ohio. "I hope that white stuff turns out to be Mennen baby powder."

Sharp, a mutton-chopped man from Michigan City, Ind., is a renowned horticulturalist and owner of a 46-acre farm where he grows 168 registered varieties of daylilies. One variety, the Brookwood Bairn, is known for its triangle-shaped petals and bright yellow, red and green colors.

There are many aspects of Sharp's life that acquaintances say are as colorful as his daylilies. Like the story he told a federal judge last month about being forced at gunpoint to haul the drugs. Or the stories he's told of owning two 747 airliners. Or the Bronze Star he says he received for bravery in Italy during World War II.

Meckstroth, a board member of the American Hemerocallis Society, a nonprofit group devoted to daylily development, met Sharp in the early 1990s.

Sharp edited a regional newsletter for Michigan and four neighboring states. He built a reputation as one of the most generous and unselfish members in the region, Meckstroth said.

Dressed from head to toe in black, or white, Sharp left a memorable impression, she said.

Sharp arrived at a 2009 regional meeting in Naperville, Ill., hauling a trailer filled with hundreds of potted daylilies, hardy varieties suited to the northern U.S. climate.

"People would pay $60 to $100 for them, but he gave them away," Meckstroth said. "His daylilies are excellent."

A married father of three, Sharp hybridizes his daylilies at his Brookwood Gardens farm in Michigan City.

Public records show that in 1986 Sharp incorporated a company called Worldwide Airlines of Delaware.

Sharp is active in his community. Last year, he donated 5,000 plants to the city's beautification project, according to the La Porte County Convention & Visitors Bureau.

Not all of his gifts have been well received.

At one society event, Sharp gave away daylilies and left people with the impression that the plants had been registered, said Bad Axe resident Dorothian Meyer, publicity director for the American Hemerocallis Society region that includes Michigan.

Registration would make the daylilies eligible to be displayed at competitive shows, she said.

But the varieties were not registered, Meyer said. "So it created some bad feelings," she said.

Sharp is facing at least 10 years in prison.

He was stopped by a Michigan State Police trooper Oct. 21 along Interstate 94 east of Chelsea. A drug-sniffing dog found 104 bricks of cocaine in the bed of his pickup, according to federal court records.

The going rate for drug mules in Detroit is approximately $1,000 a kilogram, law enforcement sources and legal experts told The News. Federal prosecutors say he was hauling 104 kilograms, which would equate to a $104,000 payday.

"That sounds accurate; could go higher," said Michigan State University criminologist Carl Taylor.

DEA spokesman Rich Isaacson declined comment on the ongoing investigation, but said it's "a rarity to have an 80-year-old-plus man as a drug courier."

Sharp is charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine and is due back in federal court Thursday.

rsnell@detnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111108/METRO/...e#ixzz1dJX7Jgsa
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 5 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #4

http://www.freep.com/article/20120302/NEWS...|text|FRONTPAGE

A drug bust involving an 87-year-old man who was caught with nearly $3 million worth of cocaine in his pickup has led to another major drug prosecution for the federal government, this one involving a Mexican drug cartel and 18 defendants accused of shuttling massive amounts of coke into metro Detroit for years.

One of the defendants, turns out, is the elderly pickup driver, who was a courier for the massive drug ring that ran a cocaine pipeline between Mexico and Detroit for several years, according to a second superseding indictment Wednesday.

The drug mule, per court records, is Leo Earl Sharp, 87, of Michigan City, Ind., who was arrested last October during a traffic stop near Ann Arbor with 229 pounds of cocaine in his pickup. That was at least $2.9 million worth of cocaine in wholesale value, police said.

In court last year, Sharp did not offer a full explanation about what happened. But he did try telling the magistrate that he was forced at gunpoint to haul the cocaine, until his then-defense lawyer stepped in and advised him to just answer the judge's questions.

Meanwhile, Sharp’s new lawyer, Chicago attorney Darryl Goldberg, said that he plans to “vigorously” defend his client given what he faces.

“Any conviction will be a death sentence,” said Goldberg, noting that Sharp faces a minimum 10-year sentence if convicted. “That’s a death sentence for an 87-year-old.”

Per the new indictment, Sharp was a drug courier for two years, delivering roughly 670 kilograms of cocaine to conspirators in Michigan between 2009 and 2011. He was part of a drug trafficking organization, the indictment said, that shipped cocaine on a regular basis from Mexico to Michigan. Shipments of cocaine would be received at the Arizona-Mexico border, and then driven to Michigan, where members would meet at a warehouse in Wyandotte and unload the drugs for distribution.

The drug organization, records show, is a part of an international drug cartel based in Sinaloa, Mexico, and helped distribute between 100 and 300 kilograms of cocaine per month in metro Detroit from 2008 through 2011.

"Shedding light on this conspiracy makes it quite clear that the Mexican drug cartels are open for business right here in our backyard,” said DEA Special Agent in Charge Robert L. Corso.

Since 2011, DEA agents and other federal agents have seized more than 200 kilograms of cocaine and more than $2.5 million in cash tied to the narcotics ring.

Authorities said that members of the organization resided in Mexico, Florida, California and Michigan.

Charged in the indictment are:

• Jose Roberto Lucero-Bustamante,34

• Armando Dias-Lucero, 28

• Pedro Delgado-Sanchez, 44

• Octavio Humberto Gamez, 38

• Moises Osuna Licona, 43

• Theodore J. Czach, 35

• Alejandro Aparicio Vargas, 38

• Antonio Simmons, 38

• Sergio Cordova Alvarado, 31

• Nicholas Dominick Simmons, 24

• Kenneth Dwayne Jenkins, 53

• David Felix Jurado, 30

• Oscar Enriquez Martinez, 33

• Reymoyne Thornton, 39

• Walter Ogden, 55

• Mark George Bailey, 38

• Martin Najjar, 36.
View Comments (5) | Share your thou
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 22 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #5

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...&id=8590424

March 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Accused drug runners for Mexico's ruthless Sinaloa cartel don't often do television interviews. Then again, not many suspected drug mules are 87 years old. But Leo Sharp is 87 and he admits to being a drug mule, someone who smuggles cocaine on behalf of a supplier.

Sharp is a horticulturist.

"I'm known all over the planet-and I'm talking about all over the planet," he said. "I have customers in New Zealand, Japan."

Brookwood Garden, his 46-acre daylily farm in Michigan City, Indiana, is 2,500 miles from the coca fields of Colombia, South America. But according to Sharp, both plants bring pleasure. Daylilies produce one bloom a day. Coca plants produce cocaine.

"All God's plants that cheer people up are created for a purpose," Sharp said. "To take depressed peoples' minds and make them feel good."

Daylilies, Mr. Sharp's lifelong passion and profession, are legal. Cocaine is not.

According to an affidavit from a federal drug agent, last October Sharp's pick-up truck was stopped for an improper lane change on an interstate near Detroit.

"What happened was I was pulled over by a state cop because he wanted to put out a ticket and get a fine and of course he brings a dog," he said.

A drug-sniffing dog found the cocaine in 104 bricks. Sharp was arrested. He claims he had been recruited by one of his farmhands to transport cash.

"My workers are Mexican. That's the only people that'll do the work, and they go to church, and one of the guys they go to church with came over and asked me to do this. He asked me also if I would take drugs from Tucson to Detroit, Michigan and I said, the answer is no," said Sharp.

But he says they forced him to deliver the drugs or his family would be killed-something fugitive Sinaloa leader Joaquin Guzman Loera, known as "El Chapo," has been known to do.

Goudie: "Why would they have picked you to put this cocaine in your van."
Sharp: "Because an old man is not gonna be bothered by cops, driving through Arizona."
Goudie: "But you were bothered in Michigan."
Sharp: "I was busted up there, obviously."
Goudie: "Did you know that was cocaine in your van?"
Sharp: "I did. I did."

Federal prosecutors say Sharp wasn't forced to do anything that day in October and that he had done it before.

According to a newly filed indictment, Mr. Sharp is now accused of delivering cocaine on numerous occasions for the Sinaloa cartel - 670 kilos - between 2009 and last fall. Sharp is charged with 17 other men in a wide-ranging drug conspiracy.

Goudie: "Leo, are you worried about this thing in Michigan?"
Sharp: "Well, the answer is yes. But at age 87, I know, my doctor tells me that I will live to be 100. But I won't live to be 100 if I am sentenced to prison. I'm just going to end it all. Period."
Goudie: "What do you mean you're going to end it all?"
Sharp: I'm going to get a Goddamn gun and shoot myself in the mouth or my ear, one or the other...I won't live in a toilet with bars...ever."

Leo Sharp says he isn't a drug user himself; that he only took LSD once in 1965 and that it made him "crazy" for 24 hours. Other than legal issues he says he's in fine health.

Sharp's Chicago attorney Darryl Goldberg wasn't pleased to learn his client had spoken with the I-Team, but says he plans to put on a vigorous defense starting with Sharp's arraignment in Detroit Friday.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 29 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #6

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-drug-evidenc...,0,105085.story

8:06 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2013

DETROIT (AP) — A judge has refused to throw out evidence against an 88-year-old Indiana man who was stopped in southeastern Michigan with more than 200 pounds of cocaine.

Leo Sharp of Michigan City was pulled over in Washtenaw County in 2011, based on a tip to state police by federal drug agents. Sharp's attorney said the drug seizure was illegal because authorities had no probable cause to stop him. But Detroit federal Judge Nancy Edmunds recently ruled in favor of the government.

A trooper says Sharp was upset when the drugs were discovered and declared, "Just kill me and let me leave this planet." Sharp later said he was forced at gunpoint to transport the cocaine. But agents say he was not a reluctant drug mule. Trial is set for October.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 4 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #7

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013100...-guilty-Detroit

Alleged drug mule, 89, expected to plead guilty in Detroit

Robert Snell
The Detroit News
11 Comments

Image:
Zoom
Leo Earl Sharp (U.S. Marshals Service)

Detroit — An 89-year-old alleged drug mule is expected to plead guilty next week in a move that would spare him from standing trial in a federal drug conspiracy case.

A plea hearing for Leo Sharp of Michigan City, Ind., is set for Oct. 8 in front of U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds, one week before the start of his trial. Terms of his expected guilty plea were not available Tuesday.

Sharp was charged two years ago and accused of hauling 228 pounds of cocaine across the country for one of Mexico’s most powerful drug rings. The case involved 19 defendants and gained notoriety because of Sharp’s age and the mutton-chopped man’s colorful appearance in federal court.

During a 2011 court appearance, Sharp gave a rambling speech, telling a federal judge he was forced at gunpoint to haul the drugs, said he once owned two 747 airliners and received a Bronze Star for bravery in Italy during World War II. He also complained about hearing loss caused by cannon fire during “the war” before being cut off by U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Randon.

“Mr. Sharp, we are trying to get you home to Indiana,” Randon said, warning him to keep quiet. “Help me help you.”

Sharp is a renowned horticulturalist and owner of a 46-acre farm where he grows 168 registered varieties of daylilies. One variety, the Brookwood Bairn, is known for its triangle-shaped petals and bright yellow, red and green colors.

Sharp was pulled over in Washtenaw County in 2011, based on a tip to state police by federal drug agents. Sharp's attorney said the drug seizure was illegal because authorities had no probable cause to stop him. But Edmunds earlier this year ruled in favor of the government.

A trooper says Sharp was upset when the drugs were discovered and declared, “Just kill me and let me leave this planet.”

Prosecutors said Sharp was no rookie when it came to hauling drugs.

As far back as 2000, Sharp had been working as a drug courier for Chicago-area drug dealers, according to federal court records.

Alleged drug dealers working for the Sinaloa cartel based in Sinaloa, Mexico, jokingly called Sharp "grandfather" and the "old man" and expressed concern about the alleged drug mule's mental state, according to conversations secretly recorded by federal wiretaps.

rsnell@detroitnews.com
The Associated Press contributed

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013100...5#ixzz2gmZqEQWF
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Oct 4 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

I was forced, lol.

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 8 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #9

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013100...|text|FRONTPAGE

Drug mule, 89, pleads guilty in federal conspiracy case

Oralandar Brand-Williams and Rob Snell
The Detroit News
13 Comments

Image:
Zoom
Sharp (U.S. Marshals Service)

Detroit — An 89-year-old drug mule pleaded guilty Tuesday in a move that spares him from standing trial in a federal drug conspiracy case.

Leo Sharp of Michigan City, Ind., appeared Tuesday in front of U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds, one week before the start of his trial, to admit his involvement of hauling 228 pounds of cocaine across the country for one of Mexico’s most powerful drug rings.

“In my life, it’s the only time it ever happened,” said Sharp, referring to being in trouble. However, he later admitted to an incident in Mexico years ago.

“I was taking motion pictures of a prostitute and they put me in jail,” he said.

U.S. Assistant Attorney Christopher Graveline is asked that Sharp, who is hard of hearing, be sentenced to five years in a Minnesota prison with medical facilities. Sharp also must forfeit $500,000 in property owned in Florida in the deal.

Sharp faces sentencing before Edmunds on Feb. 11. Dressed in a black suit, Sharp told the judge it wouldn’t make much sense for her to sentence him to a lengthy prison term, such as for 10 years, a sentence also given for conspiracy to deliver narcotics.

“I won’t live that long,” said Sharp as he stood next to his attorney, Darryl Goldberg, who said he plans to ask Edmunds to give his client less than five years when she sentences him in February.

Sharp, a World War II decorated U.S. Army veteran with a Bronze Star, was charged two years ago and accused of hauling cocaine across the country for one of Mexico’s most powerful drug rings in a case that involved 19 defendants and gained notoriety because of Sharp’s age and the mutton-chopped man’s colorful appearance in federal court.

Sharp was pulled over in Washtenaw County in 2011, based on a tip to state police by federal drug agents. Sharp's attorney had said the drug seizure was illegal because authorities had no probable cause to stop him. But Edmunds earlier this year ruled in favor of the government.

A trooper said Sharp was upset when the drugs were discovered and declared, “Just kill me and let me leave this planet.”

Prosecutors said Sharp was no rookie when it came to hauling drugs.

As far back as 2000, Sharp had been working as a drug courier for Chicago-area drug dealers, according to federal court records.

Alleged drug dealers working for the Sinaloa cartel based in Sinaloa, Mexico, jokingly called Sharp "grandfather" and the "old man" and expressed concern about the alleged drug mule's mental state, according to conversations secretly recorded by federal wiretaps.

During a 2011 court appearance, Sharp gave a rambling speech, telling a federal judge he was forced at gunpoint to haul the drugs, said he once owned two 747 airliners and received a Bronze Star for bravery in Italy during World War II. He also complained about hearing loss caused by cannon fire during “the war” before being cut off by U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Randon.

“Mr. Sharp, we are trying to get you home to Indiana,” Randon said, warning him to keep quiet. “Help me help you.”

Sharp is a renowned horticulturalist and owner of a 46-acre farm where he grows 168 registered varieties of daylilies. One variety, the Brookwood Bairn, is known for its triangle-shaped petals and bright-yellow, red and green colors.

bwilliams@detroitnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013100...3#ixzz2h9RI7F00
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 30 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #10

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...d2c0653850.html

A Michigan City man who hauled cocaine across the country is a decorated World War II veteran who has dementia and shouldn't be sent to prison on his 90th birthday, his attorney said Tuesday.

Leo Sharp, a drug courier referred to as the "old man" by his handlers, returns to Detroit federal court on his birthday, May 7. His attorney filed an 18-page sentencing memo, hoping to persuade a judge that home confinement would be appropriate for Sharp.

"He is a colorful, self-made, charitable man who has worked hard throughout this entire admirable, extraordinary, and long life," Darryl Goldberg wrote. "Mr. Sharp made a monumental mistake at a moment of perceived financial weakness, and was exploited and threatened, but his conduct in this case was truly an aberration from a law-abiding life."

Sharp pleaded guilty last fall. The Michigan State Police caught him in 2011 with more than 200 pounds of cocaine on Interstate 94, although it wasn't his first shipment.

He admitted he was responsible for transporting more than 1,400 pounds of drugs that originated in Arizona. The government said it has evidence that Sharp was transporting marijuana and cocaine from the West Coast back in 2000.

"Mr. Sharp is dreadfully sorry," Goldberg said.

In preparation for the sentencing hearing, Sharp told court officials that he needed money. He said he was threatened when he tried to stop transporting drugs.

Sharp was diagnosed with dementia and other health problems and would be an expensive burden on the government if sent to prison, Goldberg said.

He is a World War II veteran who fought in Italy and was awarded the Bronze Star, the fourth-highest honor, for his service, Goldberg said.

Federal prosecutors will have an opportunity to make a sentencing recommendation.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 8 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #11

3 years.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...3f8c94780b.html
+Quote Post
diggler
post May 8 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 969

IPB Image

Think he was 90: http://bit.ly/Rv1cLt

Then again....he may have been watching Atlantic City too many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp1qJ9wPgPM

_
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 8 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #13

He was 87 when he was busted, and is 90 now.
+Quote Post
diggler
post May 8 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #14

Really Comfortable

Had no idea that MC residents could even live that long. Most of the seniors I see nowadays....are with O2 tanks and masks.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 8 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 10

My grandpa is 93 and still mows his own lawn! He also knows Mr. Sharp.

I watched the news coverage last night on ABC...it made me cry for that man. I realize what he did was wrong, but HE IS OLD!!! Put him on electronic monitoring and let him stay at home with his daylilies....

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post May 10 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #16

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(diggler @ May 8 2014, 01:03 PM) *

Had no idea that MC residents could even live that long. Most of the seniors I see nowadays....are with O2 tanks and masks.

My dad's 91 - still goes to Exchange Club every Tuesday. His Uncle Frank lived to 96. My Uncle Bob lived to 94. All MC residents.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 12 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #17

The NYTimes has picked up Sharp's story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/magazine...-mule.html?_r=0
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Feb 1 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #18

A new twist on this story.

http://abc7chicago.com/90-year-old-indiana...twood-/3014119/

CHICAGO (WLS) --
Tough guy actor Clint Eastwood is still a Hollywood force at age 87...the same age that Michigan City, Indiana resident Leo Sharp began working as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel.

Now Eastwood and the late Sharp may morph together on the big screen, as industry reports tout Eastwood's plans to direct, produce and star in "The Mule."

Sharp's story was first reported by the ABC7 I-Team in 2012 after he was arrested by police in Michigan as he hauled a load of cocaine from Mexico. At age 89 he pleaded guilty to federal drug charges. He was sent to prison on his 90th birthday.

In an interview, Sharp provided a botanical explanation for his work as a cocaine courier. "All God's plants that cheer people up are created for a purpose. To take depressed peoples' minds and make them feel good," said Sharp.

Quips such as that make Sharp obvious fodder for a Hollywood film. While Clint Eastwood is better known as the lawman Dirty Harry, portraying an elderly and eccentric drug mule is not much of a stretch.

Sharp died more than a year ago and will not be on hand to see his life story in theatres, but while living he was a star in his chosen field: daylilies. He was a producer of champion daylilies and heralded around the world as a hero in the horticulture world. "I'm known all over the planet, and I'm talking about all over the planet," Sharp said to ABC7.

From the time he was arrested and questioned by the I-Team, Sharp was defiant and promised never to be taken alive to prison.

"My doctor tells me that I will live to be 100. But I won't live to be 100 if I am sentenced to prison. I'm just going to end it all. Period," he said.

In the end he served one year of a three year sentence and was released early due to an allegedly terminal illness. He survived almost one and a half years before dying at age 92-shy of his predicted lifespan of 100. The decorated, World War II veteran is buried at a national cemetery in Hawaii.

"The Mule" screenplay is expected to focus on Sharp's multiple deliveries of cocaine for the Sinaloa Cartel in Mexico, estimated at $3 million; and his 2011 arrest in Michigan by the state police.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Feb 3 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #19

Really Comfortable

What a wonderful way to supplement one's social security. Wonder how Clint will name the movie: Two mules for Leo Sharp ??
+Quote Post
CorruptionKiller
post Dec 30 2018, 03:32 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,558

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Oct 26 2011, 09:17 AM) *

Sadly REALITY and what the law enforcement, news agencies and investigators tell you is no where near what is going on. Mr Sharp has worked with the Indiana and Michigan City government (police, judges, prosecutors) for a very long time.
Mr Sharp was anywhere from a poor botanist as I knew him, and MY brother distributed drugs for the local judges and prosecutors since about 1980 to present both here and in Joliet where prosecutors simultaneously work in BOTH states Indiana and Illinois simultaneously.
My brother via judge Chapala Michigan City who was found guilty of successfully releasing his top cocaine distributor 18 years early via fraudulent release documents and captured before release in LaPorte County. This was Michigan first prison escape which is now censored form the Public. Chapala resigned during his investigation by the ISCDC Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission (entirely corrupt) but they refused to complete their legal obligation and hand Chapala over to law enforcement for his mandatory six year sentence. LEo Sharp worked very closely with these people as my brother works with Prosecutor McDonnell in Michgan City and Prosecutor John Espar whom simultaneously held prosecutor position in Illinois and Indiana. He also worked with another judge in Joliet, a very unique half bald half longhaired judge who we will not name now.

THe Michigan City crew expalined above have been investigated and found by FBI, U.S. State Dept, Mexico Attorney General SEIDO to be heavily involved with other Michigan City residents working for them in Mexico's largest MEthamphetamine lab, stem cell/organ harvesting facility both in the same compound in Santa Maria De Colotepec, Oaxaca Mexico. In 2007 the facility/compound was raided by Mexican Marines and U.S. contractors. After a large payoff the facility is still running to this day. Both Mexico and U.S. State dept emphasize over 3000 people were killed at this facility used for Masonic medical research primarily in stem cell and whole organ transplants that have not successful in the past.

It is a fact that law enforcement and media will not divulge the real work Leo did for the Indiana government (freemasons). LEO SHARP IN 1987 OWNED AT LEAST THREE DC10 SIZE AIRCRAFT THAT MADE ROUTINE TRIPS TO HAWAII, AS i WAS ON ONE and met him in his CHicago office. He was well known by people in Michigan City and for sure the courthouse.. I spoke to both investigators in Michigan and Indiana under documentation. Because of the Patriot Act and the very same discovered financing the meth lab and stem cell harvesting facility Zapata Corporation founded by George Bush sr via internal government agencies runs our largest drug distribution ring across the globe. Well I explained my story and how because of these people and a legal confession by one of their kidnappers (i was kidnapped twice attempted third, wife stabbed by police and i was shot at by police three times in front of two attorneys) that McDonnell, judges and my brother were responsible. Now the investigation verified the motive I was a client of Barry F. McDonnell as I hired him to execute the estate. HE wanted me to invest 2 million in drugs, my brother wanted me to invest in inside land contacts via the prosecutors office and a judge who knew what properties the state were going to buy for highway projects. Well we buy the property and they had a special zoning guy that would change the zone and when the state came to buy they would pay a hefty price which some would kickback among the freemasons involved. Now arrests began in Mexico and extradition but when delivered stateside all law enforcement refused to cooporate.

These people listed above and many more are eligible for the death penalty in Indiana. To add they continuously enlist felons such as Michael BErgerson who just before me hiring McDonnell for the estate was found guilty of FELONY ESTATE FRAUD (for profit) in 1995. Illegally Bergerson was allowed to pay restitution and only sentenced to 6 months suspension without pay. BY LAW THIS IS A MANDATORY LOSS OF LICENSE AND IMPRISONMENT. McDonnell immediately continued to continue to rob, kill clients with many associates in Michigan City and beyond. THose I have witnessed these people commit crimes against Donald C. Hamrin, McDonnell, Winski, BErgerson law firm used his storage facility as a safe house for cocaine and money delivered to my brother from McDonnell to the Eastwood Road address. I was shown many people in M.C. and LaPorte whom were their clients (victims). After Hamrins murder his body disappeared from the morgue. Roger PEcen was killed within two months of openly admitting to my brother he was going to help me file a police report after Kris Boeninger told him he and Barry McDonnell were going to steal millions of dollars of my inheritance. I was at Rogers home after he would not answwer the phone. I went their my brothers truck was their, someone was inside and his engine was warm. Three weeks later my brother called me saying he discovered Rogers body the other day. HE denied being their weeks earlier.. the estimated time of his death.

Their are over 6 other families each with multi million dollar thefts, many from UBS Swiss where these Freemasons have contacts that help them steal clients assets. McDonnell admitted in court that he used a fraudulent mortgage to distribute estate assets (highly illegal) and in writing stated that I could not perform the quick vacate clause after winning my foreclosure on th illegal mortgage. McDonnell stated in writing I could not perform due to the fact that the mortgage was fraudulent ("invalid" in corrupt attorney, judge language). McDonnell stated how he knew the mortgage was fraudulent by stating in writing "because I drafted it". The corrupt judge reversed my for foreclosure win and awarded the home back to McDonnell who at the time represented BOTH the seller and buyer. The judge refused any appeal (represented by atty Flynn (corrupt)) and did not make the buyer pay the rest of the purchase cost. Entire loss estimated at 650,000 for the home and years of rental proceeds at 1,500 a week. They admitted to 450k in thefts which they documented checks written to themselves for amounts up to $50,000 (unauthorized). mCdONNEL ALSO DISSAPPEARED A CHECK FROM ubs sWISS FOR OVER $500,000 AND MY PERSONAL DOCUMENTED ASSETS OF OVER 150,000 DOLLARS. mCdONNELL HAS REFUSED TO THIS DAY TO PRESENT A DETAILED ACCOUNTING. Two unknown UBS swiss accounts were taken by McDonald after they were stolen from me and the hidden will documents I had to fight for physically to get a hold of before they dissappeared. Upon discovering numerous other thefts.. hundreds of thousands more McDonnell/my brother sent Long BEach Police to kick me out of my own house, had power and telephone turned off and police escorted me to the city line telling me not to return. McDonnell hid a portion of the will from the estate court which in mandatory imprisonment until the document is submitted. Two years later MCDonnell finally submitted the distribution part of the will after HE CHANGED IT. The Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission stated in writing that McDonnell committed violations (dozens of felonies) but in recorded RARE conversation with the judge, the judge stated that you will need a lawyer to sue us to perform and he stated "the ISCDC does not accept complaints from Indiana Citizens" this guy is mentally and criminally ill. These are the biggest drug dealers and worked with Leo. These people in our government are so corrupt, mentally ill they have people lined up to take places of whoever may fall. Example Judge BErgersons's son was a first degree murderer at about 16 years old when he hung until death his 16 year old playmate. His son was not ill but wanted to advance in the Masonic Brotherhood rapidly. THis murder did this for him. His FATHER WAS THE PROSECUTOR IN HIS OWN SONS MURDER CASE. HIS SON NOW WORKS (AND THEY KNOW OF HIS PAST) AT WINSTON STRAWN CHICAGO. All these people would be in prison if the local FBI were not wholly involved in every crime that makes money. Indiana State Police internal investigations WIlliamson has been caught and on video attempting to kill myself with assistance (two other accessories in cars) trying to crash into me for over 20 minutes. In the end Williamson took control of the investigation and stated in a recorded conversation that "no crime was committed since they did not crash into you 2. it costs to much to look up license plate and 3 your not important". MR Williamson also stated in recorded conversation that victims of crimes are not allowed to know the findings of investigations........YEAH ESPECIALLY WHEN THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER IS THE CRIMINAL C OMITTING THE CRIME.

This is your law enforcement criminals, drug dealers, largest convicted kidnappers rapists and murderers of children in indiana by the FBI in 2010... over 18,000 named FREEMASONS with a minimum of 36,000 child rapes in the Shriners Investigation alone in Indianapolis. THis is just a drop of what they have done. They are mass murderers, genetically ill and breeding others to take their place BEFORE THEY EVEN LEAVE COLLEGE!!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:27 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com