12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City High School Football 2013
MSFOOTBALL
post Aug 14 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,114

Hello to all of the City football fans!!! Michigan City Wolves kick off their season this Friday night at Ames field with a scrimmage against New Prairie High School at 7:00 pm. Please come out and support your home team and get a preview of how the team looks. We are excited about this upcoming season and want you to be too. We have 26 Seniors returning this year which are all very experienced. This will be Coach Mike Karpinski's third season with the Wolves and the old wives tale states that "third times a charm." May this season be the Wolves lucky charm and be their best season ever!!! Go Wolves!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Aug 14 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Aug 14 2013, 06:20 PM) *

[font=Times New Roman][size=4]

Hello to all of the City football fans!!! Michigan City Wolves kick off their season this Friday night at Ames field with a scrimmage against New Prairie High School at 7:00 pm. Please come out and support your home team and get a preview of how the team looks. We are excited about this upcoming season and want you to be too. We have 26 Seniors returning this year which are all very experienced. This will be Coach Mike Karpinski's third season with the Wolves and the old wives tale states that "third times a charm." May this season be the Wolves lucky charm and be their best season ever!!! Go Wolves!!!

I guess they are starting at 6:00 pm this Friday night bc NP is an hour ahead so they were going by 7:00 pm being their time--which is 6:00 pm our time in Michigan City
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Aug 15 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Aug 14 2013, 11:03 PM) *

I guess they are starting at 6:00 pm this Friday night bc NP is an hour ahead so they were going by 7:00 pm being their time--which is 6:00 pm our time in Michigan City

New Prairie Schools are on Central time since they are a La Porte county school, FYI.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 15 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #4

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I don't know about this year, but they have always started this scrimmage early in the past. I got caught by that a few years back myself.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 16 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #5

I'm looking forward to seeing the team this year. I am curious what the defense looks like, and if we can get a running game going this year.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Aug 19 2013, 03:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 16 2013, 10:26 AM) *

I'm looking forward to seeing the team this year. I am curious what the defense looks like, and if we can get a running game going this year.

I am excited to see if the seniors can pull together like they did previously. They have the most wins under their belt from previous years and still have their key players. The senior class number is 24 if I figured correctly. The last class that the the team with this number was 2 years ago but they didn't produce the numbers like this group of players. I have heard that there are many of these players that have colleges showing interest in them as well, which is great. I hope many of the fans come out to support the team and give them a chance. Last year they may not have had the "W's" but they were in every game for all 4 quarters. The Chesterton game which was played away- they actually held them 0-0 for more than a quarter then Chesterton came back after the half with an adjusted game plan and our guys tired. I have heard that the team is well conditioned and ready to play. Plus they have to remember to not allow room for the officials to take away what they have earned. Over all, each year under Coach Karpinski the team has showed improvement. A true sports person looks at more than just the outcome at the end. Unfortunately they will have to win a DAC game before MC will take notice because that was what happened 4 years with Coach Busea. You win 1 DAC game and the stands will be full. So I wish the best for this team and may your friday night lights shine on you with wins. Fill those stands guys and make this a memorable season for you, the coaches and the city. GO WOLVES!!!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 19 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #7

The scrimmage wasn't bad. The first defensive series where both teams started from their own 30, was pretty bad as NP just shredded the defense, but then the D really stiffened up as the night went on. I couldn't tell if it was scheme related where the D took a bit to figure it out, or if their heads weren't in it at the beginning.

The offense looked OK in their first series. The running game might be spotty again as the backs are both small, but the passing game should carry them. They moved the ball well for the first half of their series, and it kind of stalled. Kaletha and Wilson are going to be hard to stop, as is Ryan Washington if he gets time.

The offense scored 4 times in 10 plays on the drill inside the 10 yards line, and looked really good doing it. The defense also looked really good in that series, only giving up two scores in that same run.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 20 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,280

Word is that Sr. WR Donnie Wilson is out with a leg injury that he is cleared to play on, but that he has made the choice to not practice at all because he is still sore. This will be a very interesting situation. Hopefully he gets healthy.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 20 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #9

I am always of the opinion that a guy who is a veteran player doesn't need risk tweeking a minor injury in a glorified practice. If he is still sore, I'd even be fine with his sitting out the Gary game to help the pain go away. He isn't really needed until week 2 against Washington.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 20 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Aug 19 2013, 04:58 AM) *

I am excited to see if the seniors can pull together like they did previously. They have the most wins under their belt from previous years and still have their key players. The senior class number is 24 if I figured correctly. The last class that the the team with this number was 2 years ago but they didn't produce the numbers like this group of players. I have heard that there are many of these players that have colleges showing interest in them as well, which is great. I hope many of the fans come out to support the team and give them a chance. Last year they may not have had the "W's" but they were in every game for all 4 quarters. The Chesterton game which was played away- they actually held them 0-0 for more than a quarter then Chesterton came back after the half with an adjusted game plan and our guys tired. I have heard that the team is well conditioned and ready to play. Plus they have to remember to not allow room for the officials to take away what they have earned. Over all, each year under Coach Karpinski the team has showed improvement. A true sports person looks at more than just the outcome at the end. Unfortunately they will have to win a DAC game before MC will take notice because that was what happened 4 years with Coach Busea. You win 1 DAC game and the stands will be full. So I wish the best for this team and may your friday night lights shine on you with wins. Fill those stands guys and make this a memorable season for you, the coaches and the city. GO WOLVES!!!

I hope you are right about this but I have my doubts. I guess I don't remember last year as well as you do but didn't the team barely score last year against Washington, Chesterton(twice), Valpo, LaPorte, Portage and Crown Point? They better be in shape and avoid injuries if they want to be competitive. Thank God the Chesterton coach left so maybe now they will not be able to come out at halftime with an adjusted gameplan. I hope the Wolves run the ball 50 times against Gary and not let any secret plays get out so others can scout. I wouldn't throw once. We don't want to expose any of the big three to injuries in a glorified practice against an undermanned Roosevelt team. The conference is weak this year and the Wolves should be able to feast against the 5A sectional competition. I am going to go out on a limb and say 7-2 or 8-1 in the regular season with a sectional and regional crown. I think the Wolves fall in the semi-state game at Ames Field before a packed house to Ft. Wayne Snider 49-42 in OT. This is the year we have all been waiting for MC Football fans, the Pop Warner program bears it fruit this season and Coach Karp rights the ship from this point on. 2014 the Wolves will be heavy favorites to bring home the state trophy. Mark it down!!!!!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 20 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

This is the first time in the 20 years that I've lived here that I purchased a fall sports pass.

I will be following the freshmen team all season long both home and away and might come out and take in a few home varsity games on Friday night.

The freshmen team opens their season at New Prairie Saturday morning at 9AM then play the rest of their games on Thursday nights beginning September 5th.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 21 2013, 06:46 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 21 2013, 12:08 AM) *

This is the first time in the 20 years that I've lived here that I purchased a fall sports pass.

I will be following the freshmen team all season long both home and away and might come out and take in a few home varsity games on Friday night.

The freshmen team opens their season at New Prairie Saturday morning at 9AM then play the rest of their games on Thursday nights beginning September 5th.

I can understand the optimism, the kids at the high school now and in 8th grade are a group that has dominated in Pop Warner. They have won state championships and National Titles. No real reason to expect anything less than continued sucess. Good coaches + good facilities + great players = Wins!!!!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 21 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 21 2013, 09:06 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 21 2013, 07:46 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
MC always lacks pure overall size on the line. Strength they are always fine. I think they got third at the region weight lifting competition, But pure size will determine MC footballs future.

There are 16 players listed on the Wolves varsity roster that weigh at least 230lbs. or larger. There are three kids weighing 300lbs.

44 Java Oliver 12 TE/DE 6'3 245
50 Scott Paull 12 OL/DL 6'0 230
57 Dylan Bogart 12 OL/DL 6'2 235
62 Jacob Kubath 12 OL/DL 6'2 250
63 Deandre Webb 11 OL/DL 5'10 235
69 TyRon Kent 11 OL/DL 6'3 255
70 Ben Washington 10 OL/DL 6'4 270
71 X Coan 12 OL/DL 6'3 245
72 Michael Warren 12 OL/DL 6'0 300
73 Brandon Smith 11 OL/DL 6'2 250
75 Chris Hartsburg 12 OL/DL 5'6 285
76 Greg Jamieson 10 OL/DL 6'4 280
77 Hunter Wroblewski 11 OL/DL 6'4 300
78 Ryan Wilson 10 OL/DL 5'10 240
79 Alex DeSantiago 12 OL/DL 6'1 230
91 Charles Phillips 12 OL/DL 5'9 300
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 21 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #14

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 21 2013, 11:23 AM) *

There are 16 players listed on the Wolves varsity roster that weigh at least 230lbs. or larger. There are three kids weighing 300lbs.

44 Java Oliver 12 TE/DE 6'3 245
50 Scott Paull 12 OL/DL 6'0 230
57 Dylan Bogart 12 OL/DL 6'2 235
62 Jacob Kubath 12 OL/DL 6'2 250
63 Deandre Webb 11 OL/DL 5'10 235
69 TyRon Kent 11 OL/DL 6'3 255
70 Ben Washington 10 OL/DL 6'4 270
71 X Coan 12 OL/DL 6'3 245
72 Michael Warren 12 OL/DL 6'0 300
73 Brandon Smith 11 OL/DL 6'2 250
75 Chris Hartsburg 12 OL/DL 5'6 285
76 Greg Jamieson 10 OL/DL 6'4 280
77 Hunter Wroblewski 11 OL/DL 6'4 300
78 Ryan Wilson 10 OL/DL 5'10 240
79 Alex DeSantiago 12 OL/DL 6'1 230
91 Charles Phillips 12 OL/DL 5'9 300

Let my edit my comment and say QUALITY big guys. There are definitely heavy guys but I know that the line on both sides of the ball is an injury away from an issue. Please dont take my comments as I do not believe we can win. This year is going to be awesome, but the JV line is not very good and needs a good offseason. It is imperative that the bar gets set high this year. I think this class can set the bar as high as they want to. GO WOLVES
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 21 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 21 2013, 09:06 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 21 2013, 07:46 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I can understand the optimism, the kids at the high school now and in 8th grade are a group that has dominated in Pop Warner. They have won state championships and National Titles. No real reason to expect anything less than continued sucess. Good coaches + good facilities + great players = Wins!!!!
I would not be surprised if some of those freshman get called up. The JV is very thin do to a lack of sophomore football players. The other thing is that Although the first string varsity is good, that is about as far deep as it gets. That is the only thing with MC football this year is the are only at 60 kids for JV and Varsity with 24 being seniors. The other thing that sometimes can not correlate from pop warner is the size of kids. MC always lacks pure overall size on the line. Strength they are always fine. I think they got third at the region weight lifting competition, But pure size will determine MC footballs future.

The big difference is that high school football doesn't allow for older and lighters, and doesn't have weight limits. Pop Warner is a completely different game that caters to the type of players City historically develops. We'd be great if guys like Ficks and Harmon could come back for 5th years.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 22 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 20 2013, 05:49 PM) *

I hope you are right about this but I have my doubts. I guess I don't remember last year as well as you do but didn't the team barely score last year against Washington, Chesterton(twice), Valpo, LaPorte, Portage and Crown Point? They better be in shape and avoid injuries if they want to be competitive. Thank God the Chesterton coach left so maybe now they will not be able to come out at halftime with an adjusted gameplan. I hope the Wolves run the ball 50 times against Gary and not let any secret plays get out so others can scout. I wouldn't throw once. We don't want to expose any of the big three to injuries in a glorified practice against an undermanned Roosevelt team. The conference is weak this year and the Wolves should be able to feast against the 5A sectional competition. I am going to go out on a limb and say 7-2 or 8-1 in the regular season with a sectional and regional crown. I think the Wolves fall in the semi-state game at Ames Field before a packed house to Ft. Wayne Snider 49-42 in OT. This is the year we have all been waiting for MC Football fans, the Pop Warner program bears it fruit this season and Coach Karp rights the ship from this point on. 2014 the Wolves will be heavy favorites to bring home the state trophy. Mark it down!!!!!

This group should be better than last year, though the defense still scares me. I am calling a 3-6 or 4-5 team this year. Sectionals all depends on match ups. As long as we avoid Mishawaka, we could win games.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 22 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 21 2013, 11:43 AM) *

Let my edit my comment and say QUALITY big guys. There are definitely heavy guys but I know that the line on both sides of the ball is an injury away from an issue. Please dont take my comments as I do not believe we can win. This year is going to be awesome, but the JV line is not very good and needs a good offseason. It is imperative that the bar gets set high this year. I think this class can set the bar as high as they want to. GO WOLVES

I don't understand what is meant by QUALITY big guys? I think every child who happens to come out for a demanding sport like football, conditions as hard as everyone says they are and has been coached by this staff for 2 or 3 seasons has to be a QUALITY kid. That list contains 13 juniors and seniors that are huge. QUALITY overfills the cup my friend. A small army could hide behind guys that are 6'4" 300 lbs. Go CITY!!!
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 22 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #18

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 22 2013, 11:24 AM) *

I don't understand what is meant by QUALITY big guys? I think every child who happens to come out for a demanding sport like football, conditions as hard as everyone says they are and has been coached by this staff for 2 or 3 seasons has to be a QUALITY kid. That list contains 13 juniors and seniors that are huge. QUALITY overfills the cup my friend. A small army could hide behind guys that are 6'4" 300 lbs. Go CITY!!!

There is a huge difference between 6'4'' 300 that has been in the weight room and 6'4'' 300 that has not. But either way you can think what you want. I hope that I get to watch an awesome season.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 23 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #19

Wolves football preview

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/highsc...ty-preview.html
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 23 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 22 2013, 09:44 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 22 2013, 11:24 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
There is a huge difference between 6'4'' 300 that has been in the weight room and 6'4'' 300 that has not. But either way you can think what you want. I hope that I get to watch an awesome season.

Ditto Raven. . .let's hope awesome starts tonight
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:05 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com