IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who are you?, what makes you, you? DIAL UP USERS BEWARE!
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 9 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Aside from working and wasting time on this website, what do you guys like to do? I don't really know anyone here aside from SouthSider and the last time I saw him was in 6th grade, lol.

I'm spread pretty thin across my intrests and hobbies. Too much stuff and not enough time. Some of my favorite things are cooking, photography, nature, motorcycles. I'm easily distracted and dabble in all sorts of other nonsense including electronics, carpentry, fabrication, mechanics, etc. etc.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Signature Bar
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 9 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jan 9 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

I gruaduated from Elston in 1984. I spent 8 years in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman, stationed on the east coast, and spent two years in Spain. My last duty station was Great Mistakes (and I don't mean that lightly!) and I was discharged in 1993. As a civilian, I decided that the medical field sucked and went into retail. After a couple years of crappy hours and crappy pay I went to school and earned an AAS in Business Management (graduated summa cum laude!!). Currently I work in a small insurance agency as a commercial lines CSR specializing in trucker's insurance (but can do all kinds of property and casualty). I've considered studying to get my agent license, but then would have to go on commission. I'm a single mother of three kids, but only one and half are at home. I can't trust commission, so the agent license is on hold for a while.

I love to read and I am very artsy-fartsy. I enjoy every medium of art; drawing, painting, sculpting and crafting. You all have seen some of my woodburnings (by the way, I'll take orders if anyone wants me to bring them something at the meet & greet!) In addition to all that, I make jewelry. Below is my latest creation. I would show more, but that's the only thing I have a picture of.

Attached Image

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 9 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

Boy, am I boring!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 9 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 9 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Boy, am I boring!

I doubt that.

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 9 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ Jan 9 2008, 03:13 PM) *

I gruaduated from Elston in 1984. I spent 8 years in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman, stationed on the east coast, and spent two years in Spain. My last duty station was Great Mistakes (and I don't mean that lightly!) and I was discharged in 1993. As a civilian, I decided that the medical field sucked and went into retail. After a couple years of crappy hours and crappy pay I went to school and earned an AAS in Business Management (graduated summa cum laude!!). Currently I work in a small insurance agency as a commercial lines CSR specializing in trucker's insurance (but can do all kinds of property and casualty). I've considered studying to get my agent license, but then would have to go on commission. I'm a single mother of three kids, but only one and half are at home. I can't trust commission, so the agent license is on hold for a while.

I love to read and I am very artsy-fartsy. I enjoy every medium of art; drawing, painting, sculpting and crafting. You all have seen some of my woodburnings (by the way, I'll take orders if anyone wants me to bring them something at the meet & greet!) In addition to all that, I make jewelry. Below is my latest creation. I would show more, but that's the only thing I have a picture of.
Attached Image

Good looking jewelry!

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jan 10 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #7

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Jan 9 2008, 08:23 PM) *

Good looking jewelry!

Thank you!!

Whatever I wear at the meet & greet will be something of my own creation as well. I'll try to get some pics of my other stuff and post them.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jan 10 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

I'm Tim Miller. I was born at St. Anthony's in 1954 - grew up in Edgewood - attended St. Paul's, then Barker, then Elston, then was in Rogers' 2nd grad class. My dad was mayor of MC for 8 years when I was a kid - including 1966, the year Elston won state AND we were named an All-America city. I moved to Los Angeles in '84, and to Kobe, Japan in '96. I still get back to MC once or twice a year - and I love my hometown!
+Quote Post
kharris
post Jan 11 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 588

QUOTE(Tim @ Jan 10 2008, 07:43 PM) *

I'm Tim Miller. I was born at St. Anthony's in 1954 - grew up in Edgewood - attended St. Paul's, then Barker, then Elston, then was in Rogers' 2nd grad class. My dad was mayor of MC for 8 years when I was a kid - including 1966, the year Elston won state AND we were named an All-America city. I moved to Los Angeles in '84, and to Kobe, Japan in '96. I still get back to MC once or twice a year - and I love my hometown!

Tim ... your dad was a tremendous asset to my campaign for city council last year. I can't think of too many people who as pro michigan city as him. I wish him and your mother all the best.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 11 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

Tim, it's interesting hearing about your history!
What brought you to Japan? Work or a lady? wink.gif

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jan 11 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(kharris @ Jan 11 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Tim ... your dad was a tremendous asset to my campaign for city council last year. I can't think of too many people who as pro michigan city as him. I wish him and your mother all the best.

Thanks. I'm just as pro-MC as my dad - I just couldn't make a living as a musician there - but I always love coming home!
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jan 11 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Jan 11 2008, 08:56 AM) *

Tim, it's interesting hearing about your history!
What brought you to Japan? Work or a lady? wink.gif

Uh - the opportunity to achieve the former afforded me the platform from which to achieve the latter.

biggrin.gif

I moved to LA to attend Musicians Institute in Hollywood - started working there the day after I graduated. We were bought by a Japanese company in '95. I was already studying Japanese at UCLA - the rest is history!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:06 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com