IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Youth violence in Michigan City... What can WE do?
Tim
post Sep 20 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #21

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Grammy515 @ Sep 20 2012, 08:07 AM) *

Wow Tim.....tell us how u really feel....smh

I just did. Can I help you with something?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 20 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #22

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Strange that Willie is organizing this event and still no word from the NAACP.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Sep 21 2012, 06:57 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 964

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 20 2012, 04:38 PM) *

I just did. Can I help you with something?

lol...ur funny
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 21 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #24

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Grammy515 @ Sep 21 2012, 06:57 AM) *

lol...ur funny

Do you have a point?
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Sep 21 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 21 2012, 08:23 AM) *

Do you have a point?

yes....ur funny....as in A JOKE!!!!
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 21 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 954

Attached Image

And this, boys and girls, is an example of the childish banter that is passed along from generation to generation here in Michigan City, yet we still have to ask, 'Why is it that our community is where it's at?'

Tim and Grammy, thank you very much for the lively demonstration. Perhaps we can get this thread back on the productive track that it was originally intended to travel...
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Sep 21 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(indianamaniac @ Sep 21 2012, 09:25 AM) *

Attached Image

And this, boys and girls, is an example of the childish banter that is passed along from generation to generation here in Michigan City, yet we still have to ask, 'Why is it that our community is where it's at?'

Tim and Grammy, thank you very much for the lively demonstration. Perhaps we can get this thread back on the productive track that it was originally intended to travel...

Thank you INDIANAMANIAC for setting me straight....
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 21 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #28

So.....

Is anyone planning to participate in the peace march? I would love to but I have other obligations that day.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 21 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Ang @ Sep 21 2012, 09:45 AM) *

So.....

Is anyone planning to participate in the peace march? I would love to but I have other obligations that day.

I can't be home that early, or I would go.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 21 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #30

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(indianamaniac @ Sep 21 2012, 08:25 AM) *

Attached Image

You're seriously going to advance the theory that Our Fair City's children are killing each other because of the conversation another poster and I just had?

Get real.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 21 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #31

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Grammy515 @ Sep 21 2012, 07:52 AM) *

yes....ur funny....as in A JOKE!!!!

And why would that be - because I express an opinion you don't agree with?
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Sep 21 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 21 2012, 08:15 PM) *

And why would that be - because I express an opinion you don't agree with?

this is me choosing not to engage u any further....opinions are like ***hles, everyone has one, all of them stinks.....
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 21 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #33

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Grammy515 @ Sep 21 2012, 09:38 PM) *

this is me choosing not to engage u any further....opinions are like ***hles, everyone has one, all of them stinks.....

I see. No idea what "***hles" means.

So - let's recap. I state an opinion. You say tell us how you really feel. I say I did. You throw all of your toys out of your stroller and go home.

As always, it's been a pleasure.
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 22 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 21 2012, 05:23 PM) *

You're seriously going to advance the theory that Our Fair City's children are killing each other because of the conversation another poster and I just had?
Get real.

No, I am advancing the fact that we're not going to get anywhere when a proactive discussion turns into counterproductive bickering between each other.

Let's keep it on topic and maybe we can actually get somewhere and make a difference...
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 22 2012, 02:35 AM
Post #35

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(indianamaniac @ Sep 22 2012, 01:20 AM) *

No, I am advancing the fact that we're not going to get anywhere when a proactive discussion turns into counterproductive bickering between each other.

You mean like this post?

Are you addressing me because you want to discuss the topic of the thread, or because you want to bitch at me because you don't like what I post?

Let's get back on topic, shall we?
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 22 2012, 03:14 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 22 2012, 03:35 AM) *

You mean like this post?

Are you addressing me because you want to discuss the topic of the thread, or because you want to bitch at me because you don't like what I post?

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Well, I suppose I could question the productivity of referring to Wes Scully as a "trouble-making racist" but your opinion is your opinion. Not sure how it relates to the issue at hand.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 22 2012, 04:57 AM
Post #37

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(indianamaniac @ Sep 22 2012, 03:14 AM) *

Well, I suppose I could question the productivity of referring to Wes Scully as a "trouble-making racist" but your opinion is your opinion. Not sure how it relates to the issue at hand.

Someone mentioned Skully. It's my opinion that he does more harm than good with his segregationist outlook. I've never seen one quote of his where he advocates eliminating the line between blacks and whites. Anytime he pops up in the press he's all about "protecting our black children" etc. That was my point, and it absolutely relates to the issue at hand.
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Sep 22 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 PM) *

I see. No idea what "***hles" means.

So - let's recap. I state an opinion. You say tell us how you really feel. I say I did. You throw all of your toys out of your stroller and go home.

As always, it's been a pleasure.

yes tim....i threw all my toys out my strolle and went home.
i've waisted enough time and energy just reading ur opinion...shame on me. my 3 teenagers walk these streets every day w the gunfire and violence, my mother hears the gunshots every night in her neighborhood, so my energy will be better spent out in the community doing something proactive instead of TALKING ABOUT DOING SOMETHING....
Good day to u Tim and GOD BLESS U..
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Sep 22 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 22 2012, 05:57 AM) *

Someone mentioned Skully. It's my opinion that he does more harm than good with his segregationist outlook. I've never seen one quote of his where he advocates eliminating the line between blacks and whites. Anytime he pops up in the press he's all about "protecting our black children" etc. That was my point, and it absolutely relates to the issue at hand.

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/20...f8486662879.txt

That physical police presence will not just involve police officers patrolling. Meer and Swistek are reaching out to the NAACP and its president Wes Scully, who was kept informed of the investigation Thursday night, and to churches, youth service organizations — and any community leader who is willing to step forward and help make neighborhoods safer.

Scully said Friday he was already working to put together a coalition of pastors to work with the city and police department to go out into the streets and begin some relationship-building with the youth.

“I want to emphasize that we are totally, 100 percent behind our police department,” Scully said. “We know they are doing an outstanding job fighting drugs — drugs are the center of this gun situation. Whatever we can do to help, we’re all in.”

Scully acknowledged that there had been some difficult moments between the NAACP and the police in the past year involving controversy over a police action shooting, but said the NAACP is on the same page with the police department and city regarding the recent violence.

“I want to comment again that we are proud of our police department in their efforts in fighting crime,” Scully said.

He added that he hoped the coalition of pastors and community groups could help find alternatives to give young people in the community things to do and focus on. “We need to reach out and help,” Scully said.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 22 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(Tim @ Sep 22 2012, 05:57 AM) *

Hate to tell you this, Tim, but that remark has no merit since Scully is the the President of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Of course he is going to be concerned with protecting the black children. However, I will agree that his reaction to that whole police thing last summer didn't do much toward erasing that line between blacks and whites. I would think that working toward eliminating the racial tensions would be a huge advancement, but his reaction only further aggravated the situation.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 08:59 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com