Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Washington Park proposals
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Earlier this week there were posts made about me on the News Dispatch blog and certain Facebook pages. It was about Park Department operations and my leadership abilities. Here is the truth about what we are doing. The Park Department is working with the Redevelopment Commission ($750,000 worth) to do some real improvements to Washington Park. Money comes from TIF funds. TIF means tax incremental funding or financing where taxes have been collected from businesses and properties over years and can be used for improvements in designated TIF areas. Washington Park is in that area. First, the entrance coming off Lake Shore Drive will be spectacular. You will really know when you are entering Washington Park. Also we are planning to move the gate to the park a little north (toward the lake) to alleviate congestion at the gate. There will be an extra lane and people that don't want to pay the fee may exit easily to the left before coming to the gate and holding up traffic. It will be a wonderful building with a place on top where the visitors can sit on top of the building and look out over the rest of the park Lake Michigan. Parking operations and life guards will be there as well. We also plan to put up a large neon sign so we could announce upcoming events and even raise revenue by selling advertising space. In addition, there will be walking lanes throughout the park that will connect amenities. We will also replace the Jaycee's stage and build it brand new with a small amount of stadium seating around it. Sounds like an awesome small venue huh? Also plan to put in an ice skating rink so the park will be functional year round. One of my favorite new ideas will be to put in a self sustaining pond where the rock garden is located, stock it with fish, and allow children to fish in the pond. Whenever you get a chance to lead something you have certain things you want to accomplish and as the President of the Park and Recreation Board of Directors I want Washington Park to be the gem of Michigan City. By the way, we won't have to go to the city council for additional taxpayer dollars to do this. Sounds like a winner to me. So this is what my leadership is pushing for, and I hope the citizens will be as proud of this project as I will be. We are moving forward Michigan City. Get on board with us. I have learned from some very savvy people that there will always be dissenters, but you can't let that stop you. Keep your eyes open for the next public meeting on this.
Bryant Dabney, Park and Recreation Board President.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 21 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

I am moving into city limits next month so next spring I will get my free park stickers. biggrin.gif

Me and Southsider are going to be neighbors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:59 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com