IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> $750 Scholarship opportunity, Scholarship for various medical technology fields of study
IndyTransplant
post Jan 24 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

I am writing to inform you of a scholarship that is awarded by the Indiana chapters of Phi Beta Psi Sorority. An application can be made by anyone who graduated from an Indiana High School (any age), who is planning on attending college or a certified hospital program starting this year or the Spring of 2010 to study in the fields of Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Cytotechnology. Radiologic Technology and Nuclear Medicine Technology.The scholarship is for seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750) and is awarded for two or four consecutive years provided the student continues his or her studies in the approved field and has maintained a 2.75 GPA or above. A new scholarship will be presented each year in August to a worthy Indiana high school graduate to further his or her education in a school of Medical Technology approved by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, a school of Laboratory Technology, a school of Radiologic Technology, a school of Cytotechnology or a school of Nuclear Medicine Technology. Students will sign a written statement that in the event they change their major or do not finish the school year, they will pay back the amount received that year at the rate of at least fifty dollars ($50) per month.
Applications shall be in BROCHURE form and include:
a. Application form.
b. Personal letter of no more than 200 words stating applicant's ambitions, plans for education,
and why he/she feels qualified for the scholarship.
c. Letter from the sponsoring Phi Beta Psi Chapter. (Our chapter will provide this.)
d. Two (2) letters of recommendation from a high school official, college instructor, teacher, or
employer.
e. Transcript of high school grades or college grades (most recent).
**Only complete applications received by March 5th will be considered.

Phi Beta Psi is a national service sorority (non-academic) founded in 1904. Our national project is raising funds and awarding research grants for cancer research. The scholarships are our Indiana state project. You may learn more about Phi Beta Psi Sorority at our national website www.phibetapsi.org.

If you wish to receive an application or know someone who wishes to apply, please email phibeteindiana-scholarship@yahoo.com or contact any Indiana chapter of Phi Beta Psi Sorority. There is not yet a chapter of this sorority in Michigan City. Although I have recently moved to Michigan City, I still belong to an Indianapolis chapter. Our chapter will be happy to sponsor all qualified applicants from this area.
If there is any interest in starting a chapter here, I would be pleased to provide more information.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jan 24 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

Nice! I'll pass this info along to anyone I know of who might be interested and/or eligible. Thanks, IT. smile.gif

This post has been edited by JHeath: Jan 25 2009, 04:53 PM
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 25 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JHeath @ Jan 24 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Nice! I'll apss ths info along to anyone I know of who might be interested and/or eligible. Thanks, IT. smile.gif

Thank you. We have a direct email address for the info. It is phibeteindiana-scholarship@yahoo.com.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 26 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Bump

Just trying to keep this in front of people for awhile. Really want to get the word out. Thanks to WIMS for giving me a couple of minutes on tomorrow morning's radio show to help spread the word. (Hope I handle it okay and the voice holds out - I have a cold right now)

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 27 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Despite a bad cold, huskier voice than usual and the threat of coughing (which I think I managed to suppress until off the air), I did get through the radio interview this morning on our scholarship. I was not great as my brain was a little foggy due to this Cold. Thanks so very much to Johnny, Ric and Craig. You are all very kind.
If someone does not have access to the Internet and needs info on the scholarship, you may leave a voicemail at (317) 709-0289. Otherwise please email phibeteindiana-scholarship@yahoo.com.
Thanks again to WIMS - they are great!

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 27 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #6

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Member No.: 3

I think I heard you on the radio. Sounded fine!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 27 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 27 2009, 10:32 AM) *
I think I heard you on the radio. Sounded fine!

Thanks so much Roger. I am glad to know it came off okay. smile.gif

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 28 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Being a newbie in MC, can anyone provide me with names of HS guidance counselors in the area High Schools? I have found in the past (in Indy) that dropping off the scholarship booklets at the high school front desks gets us nowhere, When we try to follow up, we are told they did not receive the info. I would like to avoid that situation here.
Since our scholarships are open to any age (as long as they originally graduated from any Indiana HS), does anyone know which colleges or tech schools in the area offer the type of programs for which we offer scholarships? (See original posting). I know that Valparaiso University does not offer these programs, but I am not sure about the other area schools or even the hospitals. I know that many hospitals offer schools for these tech areas. I learned this when my husband took his radiologic technology training in a program administered through Hancock Regional in Central Indiana (his clinicals were done at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville). He graduated approximately 6 months ago and no.....he did not use one of our sorority scholarships.
Anyway, any help as to where I might take this info would be much appreciated.

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jan 28 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Jan 28 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Being a newbie in MC, can anyone provide me with names of HS guidance counselors in the area High Schools?
Since our scholarships are open to any age (as long as they originally graduated from any Indiana HS), does anyone know which colleges or tech schools in the area offer the type of programs for which we offer scholarships? (See original posting). I know that Valparaiso University does not offer these programs, but I am not sure about the other area schools or even the hospitals. I know that many hospitals offer schools for these tech areas. I learned this when my husband took his radiologic technology training in a program administered through Hancock Regional in Central Indiana (his clinicals were done at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville). He graduated approximately 6 months ago and no.....he did not use one of our sorority scholarships.
Anyway, any help as to where I might take this info would be much appreciated.

I did research online and have managed to make contact with MCHS, Duneland Lutheran, Marquette HS & LaLumiere. I also sent info to Brown Mackie & PNC. Ivy Tech runs through the main campus and they already have our info. Any other suggestions?

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Feb 3 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Phi Beta Psi Sorority

Indiana State Scholarship Application

Medical Technologist, Laboratory Technologist, Radiologic Technologist, Cytotechnologist
And Nuclear Medicine Technologist

(Please type or print using black or blue ink*)

Name ________________________________________________________________________________
_______

Address____________________________________________________Phone No._________________________

Name of Sponsoring Chapter ____________________________________ City____________________________

High School Presently Attending__________________________________________________________________

Address_________________________________________________________________________

Size of Class_______ Rank in Class ______ Grade Point Average _____based on ____point system

Classes Weighted ___ Yes ___No SAT or ACT Scores _________________________________

Career you plan to pursue _______________________________________________________________________

2 year program ______ 4 year program_____

College or University you plan to attend ____________________________________________________________

Have you been accepted Yes _____ No _____

Other scholarships applied for ____________________________________________________________________

Any awarded so far?____________________________________________________________________________

Have you filed a Financial Aid Form Yes _____ No _____

Father’s Occupation ___________________________________________________________________

Mother’s Occupation __________________________________________________________________

Number of Children at home ______ Ages _________________________________________________

Total Annual income of parents (please include income from all sources)

Gross _______________________ Net Taxable _______________

Resume of high school activities__________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

Classes currently enrolled in _____________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

*Please refer to Rule No. 4 of the Indiana State Scholarship Rules for additional requirements.

Please email application to phibeteindiana-scholarship@yahoo.com

OR

Mail to:

Theta Alpha Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Psi Sorority

7629 Wildcat Run Lane

Indianapolis, IN 46239

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Feb 17 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Bump for last time this year. Deadline to receive applications this year is March 5th.

Signature Bar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:52 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com