> Michigan City High School Football 2013
MCwolves
post Apr 7 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #221

Getting Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE(sunny @ Mar 29 2014, 04:09 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Mar 29 2014, 09:49 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I haven't heard of any players officially signing to play for scholarship. I do believe one or two might be playing DIII. I have to believe maybe some have signed and it just hasn't been publicized. I'd have to think that even if some of the guys that were touted as DI players in pre-season had grade issues they could land at a Junior College. It is rumored that one is getting drafted by a major league club so possibly that is your answer.

That rumor has been started by his father...Just because you pay money to go to camps, doesn't mean that universities/teams are looking to sign or draft you. But they do appreciate your money. If major league teams are looking at you, you would be receiving ALOT of phone calls and receiving much more publication than he is. MLB teams are not looking at players that have 17 errors in only 25 games. If you check out "Perfect Game" website, you'll see that his name is nowhere to be found as a top prospect in Indiana, much less throughout the country. If he was a MLB prospect, MLB scouts would be attending his HS games, watching his travel team play, contacting his HS coach or AD to schedule times to come watch him play. He would be busy traveling the whole summer between his junior and senior year playing in showcase games for MLB scouts. If you are a high school phenom, agents would be contacting you after your junior year. Major League teams are watching players down south. Can anyone name the last player from this area that was drafted by MLB straight out of high school? MC (Elston & Rogers) has had players with more talent than this kid and were never considered a draft prospect. The only reason this kid is a draft prospect is because that's what his father is telling everyone. Remember, his father also claimed that he would be playing D1 football.

I couldn't agree more with this. This kid is not going to be drafted or even considered. No MLB team is looking for a kid that barely throws 80 mph across the diamond. He is moved to 2nd base this year because he had so many errors playing shortstop last year. There have been plenty of better players in this area that were not even considered being drafted, but his dad thinks he will be. The sad thing is that maybe there family should spend more time educating their kids, so they will be able to pass college courses.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Apr 16 2014, 02:54 AM
Post #222

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Interesting college choice, never even heard of this college before:

http://www.heraldargus.com/sports/city-s-w...19bb2963f4.html

City's Wilson, Oliver to play at College of the Desert

Michigan City sports
Photo by Aaron McKrell

By AARON McKRELL Staff Writer

MICHIGAN CITY — Michigan City seniors Donovan Wilson and JaVarrie Oliver have committed to College of the Desert in Palm Desert, Calif.

The duo will play football at the college; Wilson will play the wide receiver position and Oliver at defensive end.

"It's an opportunity for me to do something great, and just play football and make something out of it," Oliver said.

The tandem will spend up to two years at the junior college, depending how well they perform on the football field and in the classroom.

The goal for both is to eventually play for a Division I university.

"It's a great opportunity for me to get out of Indiana and explore, and to reach my dream, which was always to go D-I," Wilson said.

Both Michael Karpinski, City's head football coach, and John Boyd, City's head boys basketball coach, are proud of and happy for Wilson and Oliver.

"I think it's fantastic that they're getting rewarded for their hard work," Karpinski said.

Boyd is confident that they'll succeed at College of the Desert.

"They have a coaching staff that we feel will get them to the next level," he said.

With the college so far away from home, Wilson and Oliver are glad they will have each other with which to make the transition.

"It's gonna be a great transition," Wilson said. "I got my boy with me, since day one."

Wilson will study psychology and education, while Oliver will concentrate on physical therapy.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 16 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #223

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Great to hear. Best of luck to both, who are great kids.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:56 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com