Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City High School Football 2013
taxthedeer
post Aug 31 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #41

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Munster - Chesterton game has been rescheduled for Monday at 6PM that mean that the Trojans will be playing City on Friday night only on three days rest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 1 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #42

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,280

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 31 2013, 05:34 PM) *

Munster - Chesterton game has been rescheduled for Monday at 6PM that mean that the Trojans will be playing City on Friday night only on three days rest.

I am sure if city wins this game you will say that this is the reason why. To me it looks like the kids have put in some work. Even if SB wash is down and gary is gary these kids rolled through both of these very easily. I find it funny that you keep giving reasons why MC is winning and not that they were just the better team or that worked hard in the off season. They will have issues in the DAC that they have not faced yet, but to me they seem improved as a team.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 1 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #43

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 1 2013, 09:13 PM) *

I am sure if city wins this game you will say that this is the reason why. To me it looks like the kids have put in some work. Even if SB wash is down and gary is gary these kids rolled through both of these very easily. I find it funny that you keep giving reasons why MC is winning and not that they were just the better team or that worked hard in the off season. They will have issues in the DAC that they have not faced yet, but to me they seem improved as a team.

The team is improved, there is no doubt about that. But the season gets a lot tougher the next four weeks.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 2 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Congratulations go out to the young Wolves!! They are receiving 23 votes in the latest IFCA Poll and are now ranked 7th in 5A. I have to believe this is the highest ranking for a MC team in decades.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 2 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 2 2013, 08:26 AM) *

Congratulations go out to the young Wolves!! They are receiving 23 votes in the latest IFCA Poll and are now ranked 7th in 5A. I have to believe this is the highest ranking for a MC team in decades.

great to see!

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/ifcapoll.cfm

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 4 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #46

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 1 2013, 09:13 PM) *

I am sure if city wins this game you will say that this is the reason why.

Not to mention that the reigining co-DAC champs graduated 36 seniors and made a head coaching change.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 4 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 4 2013, 12:48 PM) *

Not to mention that the reigining co-DAC champs graduated 36 seniors and made a head coaching change.

I think either way we learn more from this game than we did from the last two.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 4 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #48

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 4 2013, 12:48 PM) *

Oh yea I forgot about that...hmm did not stop them from stepping on Munsters toes. This town is always so negative on everything. I mean for christ sakes, these kids lose and you will say "here we go again" and then pick apart the reasons why they are losing from behind a keyboard. And if they win you pick apart the reasons why the other team lost the game, NOT why MC won the game..... MC might win on Friday, they might also lose. Either way this team is headed in the right direction.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 4 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 4 2013, 01:52 PM) *

Oh yea I forgot about that...hmm did not stop them from stepping on Munsters toes. This town is always so negative on everything. I mean for christ sakes, these kids lose and you will say "here we go again" and then pick apart the reasons why they are losing from behind a keyboard. And if they win you pick apart the reasons why the other team lost the game, NOT why MC won the game..... MC might win on Friday, they might also lose. Either way this team is headed in the right direction.

I don't think taking a critical look at the team is an awful thing. There is no doubt that Roosevelt is an awful, awful team, and the results are hard to read into.

Washington has been a really good team in recent history, but after losing Morgan, plus a lot of graduates, and realizing that they lost their first game to Concord 42-6, that Washington might be a pretty bad team too.

Chesterton lost their first game to a really, really good football team on a very late TD. They absolutely plastered Munster. I know they graduated a lot, and had a coaching change, but this team on the scoresheet looks to be a lot better than either GR or SBW. If they win this game, the DAC better get scared, because City is for real. If they beat the Trojans, there is a chance they go into homecoming undefeated.

+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 4 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 4 2013, 02:20 PM) *

I don't think taking a critical look at the team is an awful thing. There is no doubt that Roosevelt is an awful, awful team, and the results are hard to read into.

Washington has been a really good team in recent history, but after losing Morgan, plus a lot of graduates, and realizing that they lost their first game to Concord 42-6, that Washington might be a pretty bad team too.

Chesterton lost their first game to a really, really good football team on a very late TD. They absolutely plastered Munster. I know they graduated a lot, and had a coaching change, but this team on the scoresheet looks to be a lot better than either GR or SBW. If they win this game, the DAC better get scared, because City is for real. If they beat the Trojans, there is a chance they go into homecoming undefeated.

Munster and Chesterton are both good teams but they are can be beat. For that matter the Wolves should be able to hang with any team in the conference and sectional this year. They may not beat them but they can give each of them a game if they stay healthy.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 5 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #51

Really Comfortable

Michigan City Freshman team shutout a 15 man South Bend Washington squad 28-0 tonight at Ames Field. Offense leaders for the Wolves were quarterback Jimmy Henrich who opened the scoring with a touchdown run and two 1st half touchdown passes to D'Mariay Young. Henrich also hooked up with Gavyn Smith for his third TD pass in the 2nd half. Defensive leader for the Wolves was strong safety Aryuan Cain-Veasy with two 1st half interceptions. Kicker William Rubino added to the Wolves scoring on special teams with a 30 yard field goal and an extra point, each of his kick offs reached the end zone for a touchback.

The Wolves ninth graders move their record to 1-1 and open up DAC play as they host Chesterton next Thursday night at Ames Field at 6PM.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 6 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 6 2013, 09:06 AM) *

Sounds like the Wolves have their QB of the furture on the 9th grade level now. I might consider dressing him for JV or varsity so he gets his feet wet. You never know the year Ryan Washington is having he may graduate early and sign with Notre Dame since they have QB issues.

The Wolves are actually pretty deep at QB right now.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 6 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #53

Tough loss for the Wolf Pack tonight. After being up 31-14, two late INTs give Chesterton the window to come back and win 35-31. Next week City travels to Valpo before Homecoming week the following week.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 7 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 4 2013, 01:27 PM) *

I think either way we learn more from this game than we did from the last two.

It is painfully obvious that a lot was learned last night,let's keep our fingers crossed that EVERYONE learned something. The JV came up on the short end of the score against Chesterton today.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 7 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #55

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 7 2013, 01:49 PM) *

It is painfully obvious that a lot was learned last night,let's keep our fingers crossed that EVERYONE learned something. The JV came up on the short end of the score against Chesterton today.

If you would elaborate on what you mean here I would love to hear you blast the coaches, assuming that is what you are implying?
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 7 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 7 2013, 03:09 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 7 2013, 01:49 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
If you would elaborate on what you mean here I would love to hear you blast the coaches, assuming that is what you are implying?

Far from blasting the coaches I am here to heap praise on them. We learned last night that the Wolves are competitive and can compete against any DAC team in my opinion. We learned that even without Coach Snyder that Chesterton still has a good program that can beat Munster and play with a very good SB St. Joe team. We learned that they know how to win since they have had success the last few years and don't quit. We learned that the Wolves who got beat soundly by the Trojans last year came up 4 points short last night. We learned that no game is over at halftime, or after 3 quarters, but not until the scoreboard reads 0:00. We learned at times the Wolves can look good in all phases of the game(Special Teams, Offense & Defense). We learned that 17-18 year old football players are far from perfect but can provide a good nights worth of entertainment for a cheap price.
If you want to blast the coaches go ahead Raven. These guys put in an incredible amount of time. Are they perfect? No, but who is. I have to believe no one feels worse than the coaches about not bringing home a win when one seemed certain. I am sure they will learn from last night's game too. Why, what would you want them to do differently with the program or during the game last night?
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 7 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #57

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *

Far from blasting the coaches I am here to heap praise on them. We learned last night that the Wolves are competitive and can compete against any DAC team in my opinion. We learned that even without Coach Snyder that Chesterton still has a good program that can beat Munster and play with a very good SB St. Joe team. We learned that they know how to win since they have had success the last few years and don't quit. We learned that the Wolves who got beat soundly by the Trojans last year came up 4 points short last night. We learned that no game is over at halftime, or after 3 quarters, but not until the scoreboard reads 0:00. We learned at times the Wolves can look good in all phases of the game(Special Teams, Offense & Defense). We learned that 17-18 year old football players are far from perfect but can provide a good nights worth of entertainment for a cheap price.
If you want to blast the coaches go ahead Raven. These guys put in an incredible amount of time. Are they perfect? No, but who is. I have to believe no one feels worse than the coaches about not bringing home a win when one seemed certain. I am sure they will learn from last night's game too. Why, what would you want them to do differently with the program or during the game last night?

Oh trust me I am on the coaches side.....you took me wrong. All I have heard is how the coaches did wrong when city showed that once the growing pains of winning subsode that they should win.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 8 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #58

If you don't talk about what went wrong, how do you learn from it? I don't think there is any question the last INT was a pretty aggressive pass call for that situation. Washington had been underthrowing the ball all night long, and had been lucky not to have thrown more INTs than he did at that point. In a situation where you are at about 6 minutes to go, and the other team has no timeouts, the clock is your friend. Also remember the running game had been very successful up to that point. Run the option with Washington, if you don't convert, punt the ball out of bounds and make Chesterton go 80-90 yards in about five minutes after you run down the clock.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 8 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #59

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 8 2013, 09:12 AM) *

If you don't talk about what went wrong, how do you learn from it? I don't think there is any question the last INT was a pretty aggressive pass call for that situation. Washington had been underthrowing the ball all night long, and had been lucky not to have thrown more INTs than he did at that point. In a situation where you are at about 6 minutes to go, and the other team has no timeouts, the clock is your friend. Also remember the running game had been very successful up to that point. Run the option with Washington, if you don't convert, punt the ball out of bounds and make Chesterton go 80-90 yards in about five minutes after you run down the clock.

High risk high reward offense. They were down a linemen and a back. They also just lost six yards running, they checked to a fade when kaletha got press one on one coverage. That goes for a td 7 outta ten times. also chestertons offense was hot. They had multiple 50+yrd drives in a lot shorter 4 min. better throw and we are talking about a win.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 8 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 8 2013, 02:04 PM) *

High risk high reward offense. They were down a linemen and a back. They also just lost six yards running, they checked to a fade when kaletha got press one on one coverage. That goes for a td 7 outta ten times. also chestertons offense was hot. They had multiple 50+yrd drives in a lot shorter 4 min. better throw and we are talking about a win.

Part of that is KYP. Washington was underthrowing the ball most of the night. Even the first TD to Kaletha was underthrown, he just got lucky with the bounce off of the DB.

The thing is in that situation, you don't need high reward. You need to run clock. If you don't get the first, you pin them back with needing to go 80-90 yards in about five minutes.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:15 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com