Reply to this topicStart new topic
> City School board candidates
Southsider2k12
post Aug 28 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Personally I hate that the Springfield race has so many people in it. Greene is the member of school board who needs to get voted out the quickest. The Metheny/Dulaney race will be crazy. Also I am very happy to see Marty Corley running. That guy knows MCHS better than just about anyone. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...1744193b74.html

• Michigan City/Civil City seat: Ayala Anita Barth, Marty M. Corley and Leslie Rowley Jr.

• Michigan City/Springfield and Michigan City seat: Deborah L. Chubb, Lloyd A. Flowers, William Greene and Dorothy (Sis) Murphy.

• Michigan City/Coolsprings and Pine Township seat: Donald J. Dulaney and Dennis Metheny.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 28 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Deborah Chubb was my sister's lawyer about twelve years back to handle a matter with this loser guy she was staying with and wanted to dump because he was't treating her right. They were staying at an area trailer park and he claimed that he didn't have to get put out because he paid the lot rent.

Debrorah Chubb told my sister to go back and tell the guy that he can go out and sit out on the lot.

Debrorah Chubb has my vote.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 9 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 28 2012, 09:25 AM) *

Personally I hate that the Springfield race has so many people in it. Greene is the member of school board who needs to get voted out the quickest. The Metheny/Dulaney race will be crazy. Also I am very happy to see Marty Corley running. That guy knows MCHS better than just about anyone. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...1744193b74.html
I'm wondering, If Mr. Greene had operated his AMOCO service station on Franklin St. next door to Moose Lodge 980 at $16 million dollar deficit would he have been able to stay in business for all those years?

I'm voting for Corley, Chubb and Dulaney. By the time Dennis Metheny's term expires he will be in his 70's and let's face it, our school board members are already so old that when they attended Elston High School there was no such thing as history class.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 9 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 9 2012, 11:42 AM) *

I'm wondering, If Mr. Greene had operated his AMOCO service station on Franklin St. next door to Moose Lodge 980 at $16 million dollar deficit would he have been able to stay in business for all those years?

I'm voting for Corley, Chubb and Dulaney. By the time Dennis Metheny's term expires he will be in his 70's and let's face it, our school board members are already so old that when they attended Elston High School there was no history class.

In the Civil City race, I am very familiar with Corley's work in Michigan City, (and more specifically in the MCAS) and I learned a bit about Rowley during the last school board run. I have followed Barth's information since she started her facebook page, and I haven't really seen much of any substance to tell me that she would be in Corley's neighborhood. It would be a high burden of proof to get me to vote for someone other than Corley in this race, and I haven't seen it yet.

The third race I know nothing about the three candidates who are running against Bill Greene. After hearing Greene's opinion in the last election cycle about our biggest problems being kids not getting paddled and the borderline racist comments about kids needing to pull up their pants, plus his horrible four year record on this current board, he is NOT a consideration for me. I need to get to an open night for candidates and find out what I can about Chubb, Murphy, and Flowers, though I can't see how they could be worse than Greene.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 9 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 9 2012, 11:42 AM) *

I'm voting for Corley, Chubb and Dulaney. By the time Dennis Metheny's term expires he will be in his 70's and let's face it, our school board members are already so old that when they attended Elston High School there was no history class.

I'm cryin........OMG TOO funny!!!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 9 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10

I can't vote in that election, but if I could...Marty Corley would definitely have my vote. And since the others are either not great or unkown, I'd have to vote for Marty three times. wink.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 9 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 9 2012, 01:55 PM) *

I can't vote in that election, but if I could...Marty Corley would definitely have my vote. And since the others are either not great or unkown, I'd have to vote for Marty three times. wink.gif
Deborah Chubb is an attorney that is well know for going after all these loser deadbeat dads for non-payment of child support.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 22 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 9 2012, 01:52 PM) *

I'm cryin........OMG TOO funny!!!

Last time I attended a school board meeting there was only a few people there and as I was sitting in audiance Mr. Greene sat up there in his chair and the way he was glaring at me he looked like the puppet Walter from Jeff Dunham and Walter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I226Sfgs0s
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 06:19 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com