Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ang - MIA?
Tim
post Jul 12 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Anyone hear from Ang lately? I've messaged her on various sites - no response.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jul 12 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 870

QUOTE(Tim @ Jul 12 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Anyone hear from Ang lately? I've messaged her on various sites - no response.

Not in about a week. I messaged her on facebook today and IMed her on here last week sometime. She was starting her new job and living with her aunt in Valpo I think.

ANG - check in. We miss you!

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
+Quote Post
Dave
post Jul 12 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

Sheesh, she gets a new job and moves and she's not on here telling us all about it?

What's up with that?

Doesn't LaPorte have internet service?
+Quote Post
Michelle
post Jul 15 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 787

I haven't heard anything from her either.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 16 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Checked the obits - not there either. I'm done worrying.
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Jul 17 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 870

Perhaps where she is currently living and where she is working, she does not have access to the Internet....although she knows she can use the library computers. Maybe she is just extra busy getting her new life started.
Hopefully she will check in soon or we will see her somewhere.

Everyone keep an eye out and report any Ang sightings here. smile.gif

She will be pleased to know we miss her so much.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 17 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Jul 17 2009, 07:38 AM) *

Perhaps where she is currently living and where she is working, she does not have access to the Internet....although she knows she can use the library computers. Maybe she is just extra busy getting her new life started.
Hopefully she will check in soon or we will see her somewhere.

Everyone keep an eye out and report any Ang sightings here. smile.gif

She will be pleased to know we miss her so much.

I hope she's okay too - but if she is she'll have some 'splaining to do. To be a member of a community like ours and just disappear without a word for 3 weeks is crappy - and unlike Ang.

Whatever.
+Quote Post
Michelle
post Jul 17 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I don't think she has any special obligation to us. I'm also a bit concerned, but hopefully she's just settling in.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 17 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

There's a difference between obligation and consideration.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 18 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

In case anyone gets the wrong idea it's not like I'm mad at Ang or anything. It's just that when you include everyone in the details of a major move and then disappear without a word it seems unfriendly. No big deal.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Jul 19 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 482

I just talked with Ang -- found her phone number somewhere, and I was a bit surprised it worked as it has a Wyoming area code.

She's doing well, but very busy due to moving to Laporte and her new job has her working hard. No internet access where she lives, so getting online isn't as easy as it used to be.

She's going to try to get online this afternoon to bring us up to date and post that great picture of me in the parade.

So we can all calm down. It's just a matter of real life getting in the way of her internet time.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 20 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

THanks, Dave - di I seem bitchy? Ha ha. Good to hear Ang is still among the living - I look forward to her stories of her new life there.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 21 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #13

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

:peek-a-boo:

Here I is!!!

Sorry guys, I haven't been deliberately neglecting you, and I have harbored a HUGE measure of guilt for shirking my admin duties at this place (whew!! a LOT has been happening here!), not to mention how much I've missed that's been going on around town. OMG!

OK, to fill you all in, things with my Dad went way south way fast. So, in a final act of desperation, I called my Aunt and she offered me to stay with her in LaPorte, but I'm actually between MC and LP. If not for her, I was going to pack it in and go back to WY and beg for my job back. Seriously!

I did manage to get a job with help from my Uncle. I'm working for Zach Krachinski doing a little of this and a little of that right now, but eventually I'll end up in a management position. He's got a lot of irons in the fire right now and it's just a matter of time before something full time becomes available. Suffice it to say, I am getting pretty excellent at CLEANING, so if anyone needs their house cleaned, I'm your girl!

Also, I've got a man in my life and so naturally, that takes up pretty much the rest of my free time. I can't say "new" man cause we've known each other for over 30 years. Our parents are very close friends and we more or less grew up together. It just took us this long to realize we belong together. Our parents are thrilled because they've always wanted us to be together. If this country had arranged marriages, we'd have been married 25 years ago!

There is internet access where I'm staying, but I can't get my laptop to connect yet. We have to call CSINet (isn't someone from there a member here?) so I can get access to the router and I've just been so busy I haven't had time to make the call.

And to add to all of that, I've had some car troubles and I have a mechanic friend to fix them for me, but I have no money, so I've been doing some free babysitting for him in exchange for work on my car and he doesn't have internet access, but he's got a really great in-ground pool. Needless to say, I've got the best tan I've had in years! laugh.gif

That's it in a nutshell folks! Again, I'm sorry that I've neglected you all. I truly apologize for that. You are all my friends and I was wrong not to make the time for you. Please forgive me. Things are getting a little more stable and routine for me and I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to be here more often.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jul 21 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #14

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 43

Glad know that you're alright, and to have you back, even if its not as often as we were used to.
Thanks for checking in!
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Jul 21 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 546

QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 21 2009, 03:30 PM) *
:peek-a-boo:

Here I is!!!

Sorry guys, I haven't been deliberately neglecting you, and I have harbored a HUGE measure of guilt for shirking my admin duties at this place (whew!! a LOT has been happening here!), not to mention how much I've missed that's been going on around town. OMG!

OK, to fill you all in, things with my Dad went way south way fast. So, in a final act of desperation, I called my Aunt and she offered me to stay with her in LaPorte, but I'm actually between MC and LP. If not for her, I was going to pack it in and go back to WY and beg for my job back. Seriously!

I did manage to get a job with help from my Uncle. I'm working for Zach Krachinski doing a little of this and a little of that right now, but eventually I'll end up in a management position. He's got a lot of irons in the fire right now and it's just a matter of time before something full time becomes available. Suffice it to say, I am getting pretty excellent at CLEANING, so if anyone needs their house cleaned, I'm your girl!

Also, I've got a man in my life and so naturally, that takes up pretty much the rest of my free time. I can't say "new" man cause we've known each other for over 30 years. Our parents are very close friends and we more or less grew up together. It just took us this long to realize we belong together. Our parents are thrilled because they've always wanted us to be together. If this country had arranged marriages, we'd have been married 25 years ago!

There is internet access where I'm staying, but I can't get my laptop to connect yet. We have to call CSINet (isn't someone from there a member here?) so I can get access to the router and I've just been so busy I haven't had time to make the call.

And to add to all of that, I've had some car troubles and I have a mechanic friend to fix them for me, but I have no money, so I've been doing some free babysitting for him in exchange for work on my car and he doesn't have internet access, but he's got a really great in-ground pool. Needless to say, I've got the best tan I've had in years! laugh.gif

That's it in a nutshell folks! Again, I'm sorry that I've neglected you all. I truly apologize for that. You are all my friends and I was wrong not to make the time for you. Please forgive me. Things are getting a little more stable and routine for me and I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to be here more often.

While I don't work for CSINET I can assist with your network issues. Send me a PM to setup a date/time. I am laid off from work and have time to kill.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
Michelle
post Jul 22 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Glad to hear that everything's going so well!
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 22 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #17

Really Comfortable

Whoa Ang - sounds like a harrowing time there! Glad you're okay - don't be a stranger - again!

laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:36 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com