Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What I just witnessed at Lakeview Beach
diggler
post Sep 5 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

Its one thing to read about these tragic local stories online....its quite another when I became a first hand witness account while kayaking near Lakeview Beach this afternoon. At first I heard a stream of police sirens on Lakeshore Drive so I knew it was something pretty bad. As I was paddling westward near the shoreline, I noticed an army of police and paramedics descending on a prostrate helpless victim on the beach. They were furiously performing CPR on the woman...while her friends nearby were grieving and crying. Later I learned from a another beach goer witness, that the woman was standing far out on a sandbar, when just like that...she VANISHED. Might have been a possible riptide. Well at least she found shortly later.

Woman in unknown condition after distress call to Lake View Beach in Beverly Shores

Bob Kasarda 36 min ago

BEVERLY SHORES — A woman was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon in unknown condition after winding up in distress in Lake Michigan just offshore of Lake View Beach, according to an official with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

The 55-year-old woman was already on shore when the first responders arrived, said DNR Conservation Officer Tyler Brock.

The first call of the woman in distress was received around 12:30 p.m., he said. She was transported to Franciscan Health Michigan City.

CRP was being performed on the woman at the beach, according to emergency radio reports.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/...cf9e6ba644.html

_
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diggler
post Sep 6 2018, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

Latest update:

Woman pulled from Lake Michigan by beachgoers at Lake View Beach in Beverly Shores

Bob Kasarda Sep 5, 2018 Updated 7 hrs ago

BEVERLY SHORES — A woman was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after being rescued by beachgoers after she began to drown in Lake Michigan, just offshore of Lake View Beach.

The 56-year-old woman was already on shore when the first responders arrived, said Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Tyler Brock. The first call of the woman in distress was received about 12:30 p.m., he said.

Melody King, of Valparaiso, said she was sitting on Lake View Beach listening to a guided meditation when she heard someone yelling for help. She saw a man pulling an unconscious woman on shore, with two of the woman's friends in tow.

King, who had undergone lifeguard certification in 2009, said she performed chest compressions on the woman and instructed another person to blow deep breaths in the woman's mouth.

The woman was transported to Franciscan Health Michigan City.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com