> Still looking for answers in Hawkins murder case
Southsider2k12
post Nov 15 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://wsbt.com/news/local/rally-in-michig...ens-2011-murder

MICHIGAN CITY — A Michigan City family held a rally tonight. After nearly five years, they are still looking for their teen daughter's killer.

Family and friends of Ne'Keisha Hodges Hawkins gathered Saturday. A crowd of at least 120 joined together, including police working on the case. The 17-year-old was killed in 2011 at a party at Krueger Memorial Park in Michigan City. She was an innocent bystander
ADVERTISING

But recently, Hodges Hawkins' father Kalvon Hawkins says boasts about her killing have shown up online. And just days ago, Michigan City police indicated they had new information in the case. An estimated 100 to 150 people were at the party where the killing occurred. Many were juveniles at the time, and they couldn't be interviewed without their parent's permission. Police say now many of those juveniles are adults and could come forward in this investigation

"There is no reason why my daughter's murder should be unsolved when 100 to 150 people seen her get killed," Kalvon Hawkins told the crowd Saturday.

"This is why we are having this rally. We need eyewitnesses. Your kids may have told you, ‘I was there.’ You may have been young. I get it. But those who know your kids came home and told you what happened, go to your kids again. You are older, stronger. Ask them, ‘Can you give a detective info about what happened?’” Michigan City Police Det. Jillian Ashley told the crowd,

If you can help solve this case, contact Ashley at the Michigan City Police Department at 219-874-3221, ext. 1082.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:47 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com