Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oct 8 County wide tax sale, delinquency info
Southsider2k12
post Sep 2 2015, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

A list of properties eligible for the October 8th property tax sale is now available. I checked it out myself and here is what I found.

The entire list of 3288 properties is showing a total delinquency County-wide of $21,233,304.89. Keep in mind this is also money that is NOT finding its way properly into the budgets of our schools and governments. So that means county wide our governments and schools are underfunded by over 21 million dollars.

When all properties are added up the single biggest tax deadbeat in LaPorte County appears to be the Lake County Trust Company. No idea who that is, but they have nearly 30 properties listed, with over $625,000 in unpaid taxes.

The biggest tax deadbeat right now in LaPorte County for a single property is the Clarion Inn. They owe $270,905 to LaPorte County for their location at 5820 Franklin.

The Marquette Mall ownership group has four properties on the list that total $354,880 in taxes that haven't been paid.

Ironically, even the City of Michigan City shows up on the spreadsheets with 3 properties totaling just over $6000, as does the LaPorte County Board of Commissioners for about $2300, and the town of Westville for nearly $20,000.

There are plenty of other recognizable names and businesses on the list as well. The list can be found at http://www.sri-taxsale.com/ by making a few clicks to find the 2015 LaPorte County spreadsheet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
diggler
post Oct 10 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

The way the economy is straddling the abyss lately, think you'll see even more upcoming tax sales. wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:21 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com