Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now THIS pxxxes me off
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 25 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #41

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

The only way it has been ignored is by allocating no blame to management for the situation posed by good wages. It is not Labor's fault they got middle class earnings. But it is management's fault that investment was not made in new plants and better designs and marketing research was accomplished.

What we can agree about is the plethora of strands leading the auto industry to where it is now.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 25 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #42

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 25 2008, 03:58 PM) *

The only way it has been ignored is by allocating no blame to management for the situation posed by good wages. It is not Labor's fault they got middle class earnings. But it is management's fault that investment was not made in new plants and better designs and marketing research was accomplished.

What we can agree about is the plethora of strands leading the auto industry to where it is now.

Revisionist history doesn't fly with me.

Let me put it this way. Go back 10-15 years ago when profits in SUVs were making the auto companies hugely profitable, meanwhile the smallest car lines were barely surviving. Do you really expect me to believe that if the ownership of the Big Three had gone back to labor and said, we are going to cut your wages and benefits to match Toyota and Honda, we are ditching the most profitable lines of production, and we are investing in cars that no one wants right now, that labor would have went for it?

That is a crock. We both know that labor would have shutdown the plants with strikes, and done everything in their power to force ownership to keep the status quo.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 26 2008, 09:17 AM
Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

My point is that the money made then was not put to good use.

PS: Revisionist history? Isn't that when someone describes the past in a way one doesn't agree with?

And another thing: Many of the small cars were made and kept in production to keep corporations CAFE-compliant.

Are we on to the solutions part of this discussion yet?

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com