> Bob Buscher is gone!
Johnny Rush
post Mar 24 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 72

Just reported this information on the radio...a press release from MCAS:

MCHS Basketball Coach Resigns
Michigan City – March 24, 2009 – The Michigan City Area Schools Board of Trustees accepted the resignation of Robert Buscher as Head Boys’ Basketball Coach at its regular meeting tonight. Buscher had served as coach of the Michigan City High School Wolves since 2007.

“We thank Coach Buscher for his support and dedication to the basketball program at Michigan City High School,” said Michael Harding, MCAS Superintendent. “We appreciate everything he has done for the program in the short time he has been with the Wolves.”

Signature Bar
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 25 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Damn, that is depressing. mad.gif

They finally had a guy in here who not only was teaching the game, but trying to prepare the kids for the future, and the kids ran him off. Ugh. Its going to be a long time before this program shines again.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Mar 25 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

Kinda gives new meaning to the words "Hoosier Hysteria" now doesn't it?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 25 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #4

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=21961

COACH BUSCHER RESIGNS
Michigan City Boys Basketball

Adam Parkhouse
Sports Editor, The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - Bob Buscher abruptly resigned as Michigan City boys basketball coach Tuesday, ending a brief two-year run with the Wolves.

The Michigan City Area Schools Board unanimously accepted Buscher's resignation at Tuesday's meeting.

"It's a personal issue and a family issue that we've had to deal with," said Buscher, noting that his 88-year-old mother lives in Tennessee and his family is considering a move.

Buscher guided the Wolves to moderate success in his first season, finishing 11-10 overall after a first-round sectional exit. This past season was not as good, with the Wolves experiencing team turmoil on the way to a season-ending 17-game losing streak and 3-18 overall mark.

The team's roster was severely depleted as the season wore on as players, for undisclosed reasons, were removed from the program or left on their own.

"I would say that regardless of the record and the kids on the basketball team, I support them and I want them to do well," Buscher said. "What's happened in the past or present, any issues we have dealt with, I'm not gonna groan or hold grudges.

"I'd want them to know that this really doesn't have anything to do with them, regardless of what other people would think."

Buscher went on to say that years of experience helped guide him through a trying season.

"One thing about getting older and wiser is you learn over time holding grudges is not worth it," Buscher said. "Life is too short."

Michigan City athletic director Bob "Bear" Falls, who was instrumental in bringing Buscher to City, said the coach will be missed.

"I'm personally saddened ... I thought he had an excellent basketball mind," Falls said. "But the situation he's in right now doesn't allow him to stay. I wish him well and his family well.

"I hate to see him go."

Falls added that he understands the reasons Buscher arrived at the decision to resign.

"I know that Bob worked 150 percent at what he was trying to do," said Falls, who was City's boys coach for six seasons - from 1995 to 2001. "When you take over any program that's healthy or not, it's gonna take a toll on you. I don't know that it took a toll on Bob, but I know he's got some personal family problems and he's doing what's best for him and his family."

Falls said the job will be posted for the required amount of time and a search committee will be formed to fill the position. There is no timetable for making the hire.

Additionally, City varsity assistant Richard Warren resigned from his position.

Buscher will continue as administrative assistant for Student Services through the end of the school year.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 25 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #5

So is it too early to start some good old fashioned Dan Palambizio speculation yet?
+Quote Post
CaddyRich
post Mar 25 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 756

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling it will be a tough search this time. I don't know if Dan Palombizio would even want to take over this program.

Signature Bar
"If a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." - Duke of Edinburgh.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Mar 25 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Well, as far as I know, it will be a cold day in Hell before they call Palombizio. Seriously.

I think we had this conversation in a different thread somewhere else.

I don't really want to say too much, suffice it to say Dan P is not well received in that office.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 25 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Ang @ Mar 25 2009, 02:38 PM) *

Well, as far as I know, it will be a cold day in Hell before they call Palombizio. Seriously.

I think we had this conversation in a different thread somewhere else.

I don't really want to say too much, suffice it to say Dan P is not well received in that office.

Well he is the highest ranking basketball coach left in the boys basketball program as of this moment.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 27 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #9

The bolded quote is pretty interesting. It could easily be taken a number of ways. I wonder who he is referring to? Administration?

http://www.post-trib.com/sports/highschool...buscher.article

Buscher steps down as Michigan City coach
March 27, 2009By David Robb

Bob Buscher resigned his position as Michigan City's boys basketball coach earlier this week.

Buscher, also an administrative assistant at the school, will finish out the school year before moving downstate to be closer to family.

He and his wife are from the Noblesville area, where their parents still reside. They have two sons living in the Indianapolis area.

"My wife wants to get back home and so do I," Buscher said. "It's time to make a change."

Short on height and experience, the Wolves went 3-18 this past season and lost their final 17 games. Buscher, who was 14-28 in two years at Michigan City after coaching stints at Andrean, Whiting and Chesterton, informed his players of his resignation Wednesday.

"I wanted the kids to know it had nothing to do with them or (our) record this past year," Buscher said. "I don't hold anything against any player -- past, present or future. I wish Michigan City the best of luck.

"As a competitive person, I would have liked to have gotten the program really developed. It's going to take more than a head coach to do that."

Buscher is unsure of his next career path. He hasn't ruled out applying for jobs as a head coach, assistant coach, athletic director, dean or assistant principal.

"I'll look for a variety of things, and I may even get out of education," Buscher said. "I don't know yet. I really still want to coach, that's for sure."

Contact David Robb at 648-3122, drobb@post-trib.com or visit his blog at blogs.post-trib.com/robb.
+Quote Post
digger262
post Mar 30 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 771

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Mar 27 2009, 09:28 AM) *

The bolded quote is pretty interesting. It could easily be taken a number of ways. I wonder who he is referring to? Administration?

http://www.post-trib.com/sports/highschool...buscher.article

My guess is he's referring more to the entire basketball program throughout the city.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Mar 30 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #11

Having been in the thick of it, I think I know exactly what he means. Yes, I believe Admin is part of that, but it goes a whole lot deeper than that. Just my feelings on it. I have no basis for reference other than my own experiences.

Well, I wish him the best of luck. And I wish Bear good luck in finding a new coach. Personally, though, going back to SSder's comment about Palombizio, based on my obversations it matters not to the powers that be what kind of record a candidate has, what matters more is how they feel about the guy personally.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
MCFan
post Mar 30 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 813

Based on Ang's observation this must also be the case in the girls basketball program. It appears that the powers to be don't have any favorable feelings toward Coach Allen. From all indications it appears that they are still catering to the same disgruntled parents who have been a plague to the program the past four years. If the rumors are true, we will soon be reading about Coach Allen's letter of resignation in the newspaper.
+Quote Post
lbl
post Apr 23 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 862

QUOTE(MCFan @ Mar 30 2009, 08:35 PM) *

Based on Ang's observation this must also be the case in the girls basketball program. It appears that the powers to be don't have any favorable feelings toward Coach Allen. From all indications it appears that they are still catering to the same disgruntled parents who have been a plague to the program the past four years. If the rumors are true, we will soon be reading about Coach Allen's letter of resignation in the newspaper.

BUMP!

"Check out the big brain on Brad!" Ok, Kreskin! (sp.?) Nice call MC FAN!

Signature Bar
Buy Local!
Eat at Locally OWNED restaurants!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 16 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #14

http://www.thepaper24-7.com/main.asp?Secti...amp;TM=2719.325

SOUTHMONT HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS: Buscher tabbed new South AD
Mounties select Bob Buscher as athletics director
THE BUSCHER FILE

Name: Bob Buscher

New position: Southmont High School Athletics

Director

Previous position:

Michigan City High School Dean of Students and head boys basketball coach

High School: Hamilton Heights, 1973 graduate

College: University of Indianapolis, 1977 graduate; Masters - Ball State, 1986

Past high schools:

Hamilton Heights, Andrean, Whiting, Chesterton, Michigan City

Wife's name: Ann

Children: 2 sons - Brett and Brandon

By Barry Lewis
Assistant Publisher

NEW MARKET - Bob Buscher is the new Southmont High School Athletics Director, as he was officially named to that position at a special school board meeting Thursday morning by a 6-1 vote.

"We are very pleased with the person we got," Southmont High School Principal Kevin Stewart said. "We had 54 applicants which surprised me a little since the position opened so late. I will say I was even more surprised at the quality of individuals who applied. It was a very tough decision for the selection committee and we feel like we got an excellent person who will be a great asset to Southmont."

The former veteran 54-year old boys' basketball coach wasted no time, as he was ready to step roll up his sleeves and begin work Thursday.

"As soon at this meeting is over I am going to go talk with Mr. Stewart and get a few things done," he said. "We'll be spending the night here and then I'll be back in to do some things in the morning before we head back home."

Currently, home is in Michigan City where Buscher was the Dean of Students and head basketball coach. He resigned at the end of this past season after his squad went 3-18. In the two seasons as the Wolves' head coach, the team complied a 14-28 record. He has also been the head basketball coach at Hamilton Heights, Andrean, Whiting and Chesterton.

Buscher has served in many different roles throughout his career - physical education teacher, health teacher, driver's education teacher, head basketball coach and dean of students - but the role of athletics director will be a new hat for him. It's one that he looks forward to.

"I think I can offer quite a bit since I am just fresh out of coaching," Buscher said. "I understand what the coaches are going through. I understand the time commitment, and many of the other issues. I know that I probably made some mistakes as a coach and I hope to be able to use my experience to help these coaches. They will quickly understand that I am a believer in the team concept and I am just part of the team."

Buscher doesn't believe that not having experience as an athletics director will be in a hindrance.

"AD's have a special fraternity and they are a very close-knit group of people," he said. "I have a number of friends who are AD's and I have talked with them and will continue to talk with them. One person who I believe does an outstanding job is the AD at North Montgomery [Matt Merica] and I will be talking with him quite often."

Buscher did have some experience with scheduling and running sites while at Andrean.

Several factors played into Buscher's decision to leave the northern part of the state where he has spent much of his career.

One included to get closer to family. He has two sons, Brett and Brandon, and they live in the Fishers/Hamilton County area.

Brett played basketball at Purdue, while Brandon is studying at Marian College and has served three times in Iraq and is planning on going back as soon as school is over.

In addition, both Buscher's and his wife, Ann's, parents live in that area. They plan on moving to the area as soon as possible.

However, it was the school's track record in academics and athletics that really sealed the deal.

"I want to be part of a school that has the entire package," Buscher said. "This school has a high academic record and has been a four-star school. It's committed to its students and its athletes. It has a great group of young coaches who are eager and full of energy and it plays in a great conference."
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Jul 18 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 546

This quote says it all

"I want to be part of a school that has the entire package," Buscher said. "This school has a high academic record and has been a four-star school. It's committed to its students and its athletes. It has a great group of young coaches who are eager and full of energy and it plays in a great conference."

Need I say more?

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:17 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com