Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rant: The United States Postal Service
taxthedeer
post Apr 27 2015, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Closed on my house a year and a half ago. Just received yet another piece of mail addressed to the female half of the previous owner. Last year I had to cancel the delivery of her lingerie catalog as I am not in the market for a lacy nightie and thong panties.

Our great forefather and man whose face is on the $100.00 bill, Benjamin Franklin established the United States Postal service Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1775 and after 240 I find it astonishing that there is still no system in place to keep the new property owner from receiving the previous owner/tenants mail.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Ang
post Jun 26 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

I constantly have problems with the MC Post Office at work. Our property has 5 addresses. Our Mail carrier decided at one point that she should only deliver one address and return the mail addressed for the others. I called and spoke with the Supervisor. He suggested I put the addresses on our box.
I did.
Now she delivers our mail to the same number one street over. AND delivers the mail for that address to me. So, the South Shore Credit Union gets our NIPSCo bills and we get their loan payments.
I called again...
Still happening.

Also, because we have a lock box and our building is secured, certified mail should be taken to the guard house for signature. Our mail carrier refuses to do that. She can't drive 50 feet from the box to the guard house. Instead, she leaves a card in the box and takes the mail back to the post office. So, now I have to make a special trip to the post office to get the mail. I called again and spoke with the Supervisor...
Still happening.

And the Supervisor is a jacka$$, too. He is rude and condescending and seems to take it personally when I complain about the letter carrier.

If the Post Office was a privately owned entity, they would go bankrupt.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:43 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com