Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City High School takes first place at NWI lifting competition
MSFOOTBALL
post Jan 16 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,114

[size=3]I'm proud to announce that MCHS earned a first place out of 13 schools that participated on Saturday at the NWI Weight Lifting Competition hosted by Hobart High School. We had 30 students participate and we were represented by both guys and girls. The competition is co-ed and open to all students. The students were 9th-12th graders that did participate. The MCHS students broke 2 records, tied a record and almost broke another record in the dead lift. Our guys and gals did an amazing job. Thanks to Coach Karpinski for making this possible and getting a bus to take the kids. Lake Central came in second and Hobart came in third place. There were many of our students that placed first through fifth and received awards. We also had one of the girls and I believe a guy as well receive MVP awards. The seniors that participated set a good standard for the underclassmen to follow. Thank you to the parents, grand parents and friends that were there for support. It was nice to see everyone together as a family so we could share those smiles. Believe me those kids were smiling too !!! They received a first place banner to hang at the school. I'm thinking they are planning on trying to keep this award at Michigan City in the years to come. Of course I have a comment for my football followers, "the best is yet to come" and I think Saturday showed that MCHS is still a contender in the DAC. The kids got a taste of winning and they are not about to let that fade. They are posting results and pictures on the NWI lifting competition site. GO WOLVES !!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Jan 16 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

It is always better to win any competition. . . how this translates over to the football team is yet to be determined. Can any of the strong girls start for us next season? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif We might need the help once grades and eligibility come into play.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 17 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Awesome! Congrats to the kids!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:02 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com