IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canoemobile to Michigan City, The National Tour Coming in Sept.
W.I_Canoemobile
post Aug 26 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,353

Hello Michigan City,

For the third year in a row, local partners have come together to host a visit from Wilderness Inquiry’s Canoemobile – a fleet of six 24-foot Voyageur canoes, from Sept. 15-20 to educate local youth while paddling Trail Creek. The Canoemobile delivers place-based education on urban rivers and waterways nationwide.

The Canoemobile focuses on connection local youth to their natural environments to instill a bond between outdoor recreation and environmentalism, all in hopes of inspiring the next generation of environmental stewards. The Canoemobile also focuses on closing the academic achievement gap and creating a stronger community.

But, we are in need of the community members of Michigan City to help us!

We are a non-profit attempting to raise $5,000 in order to cover the expenses of our visit. We are raising funds through an online website. Please follow our link to learn more and help support our effort: Canoemobile to Michigan City

In collaboration with the Trail Creek Watershed, local partner organizations including the Indiana DNR, LaPorte Co. Soil and Water Conservation District, Urban Waters, Izaak Walton League, Michigan City Sanitary District, Shirley Heinze Land Trust, Dunes Learning Center, National Park Service, Michigan City Parks, and Northwest Indiana Paddling Association will bring together a wide array of educational opportunities as part of the weeklong effort. Activities will focus on water ecology, fishing, the river’s history, wildlife, water safety and paddling.

There is also a public event scheduled for Sept. 20, where community members are encourgaed to join us on Trail Creek from our 24' Voyageur canoes. Experience the waterway like never before in our canoe which fit nine people and are captained by a trained guide.

We are reaching out to the community for your support! Please help us in anyway you can, whether it be sharing the page on your social media, telling your friends, or making a contribution. Help us Get to Michigan City

Thank you Michigan City! If you have any additional questions or would like more information, please contact me. My name is Brian Clarke and my e-mail is bpclarke01@gmail.com or visit our website at www.wildernessinquiry.org

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Canoemobile__1_.pdf ( 4.72mb ) Number of downloads: 113
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:03 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com