post Dec 24 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Thanks Adam for the recognition!

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=42203.34

It's time for some random stuff.

• Such as, good win for Michigan City's boys basketball team Friday. The Wolves needed it. Now, if we can just figure out how to get some fans in the Wolves Den.

• Saw No. 2 Memphis bludgeon No. 4 Georgetown on Saturday. The Tigers are good. Really good. Maybe the Patriots of the NCAA.

• People should stop making the obvious jokes about Kosuke Fukudome's last name. I'm fully aware there's an almost swear word in his last name. That's not an original thought.

• Bob Buscher benched Jarrod Jones to start Friday's win over Lake Central. I was taken aback at first, but good for him. He has to do what he thinks is right by his team.

By the way, Jones responded. He played hard on both ends in a double-digit City win.

• I feel badly for Marquette coach Jason Hawkins, whose team was late out of the halftime locker room Friday. Calumet scored five points before Marquette even reached the floor. That's embarrassing for Hawkins, though it's not completely his fault. There are people that are trusted to prevent those types of situations.

• I'm gonna miss Dick Vitale over the next couple of weeks. He's out after having throat surgery. He's often annoying, but for better or worse, he's the voice of college basketball. Get healthy, baby.

• Chesterton's Zack Novak is good. That is all.

• Come to think of it, so are the Trojans. Now, that is all.

• Sasha Baron Cohen retired his Borat character. Good, because it could have gotten old really fast.

• Does every college basketball phenom have to wear No. 23? Then they say things like, "I don't want to be the next Jordan. I want to be the next me." Then change your jersey number for God's sake.

• For those who don't know, there's a really great Michigan City-intensive message board called www.citybythelake.org. I highly recommend it.

• I'm pretty sure I'm the best puzzle-solver that's never appeared on "Wheel of Fortune."

• I like telling people I regularly watch "Jeopardy." It makes me feel smarter.

• I've said it before, and it still stands true for me. La Porte's Tom Wells is one of the best coaches in the state. He routinely gets wins that his team has no business getting.

• The Bears and Packers play today, and I don't even care that much. I think I have some last-minute Christmas shopping that will get in the way.

• Keep an eye on South Central's Jake Kitchell. He's just a sophomore, and he's pretty good. He'll only get better.

• How does Isiah Thomas keep acquiring gainful employment?

• Not that I like her, but stop blaming Jessica Simpson for Tony Romo's crappy day. He didn't play well. It happens. But she's not bringing him any bad joo-joo.

• The thing I most want for Christmas: A 52-inch plasma television (What? Thought I'd say something like world peace or a solution to global warming? I'm much too superficial for that).

Enjoy the holidays, everyone.

Be sure to check out Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse's blog, "Adam's Rib," at www.thenewsdispatch.com, then click on "Sports Blogs." Reach him at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 461.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 25 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Adam Parkhouse rocks!!

I don't know how many times I have to say that. Probably don't have to say it anymore, but I enjoy saying it. So, if I say it 100 times more, please forgive me. I'm sure Adam doesn't mind. wink.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:18 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com