post Mar 7 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://heraldargus.com/articles/2012/03/06...89325237211.txt

Sosinski making another run

Published: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:13 PM CST
Incumbent Lois Sosinski is making another bid for the La Porte County Council’s at-large seat this May.

Serving her second term on the council, Sosinski said she wants to continue her work on the governing body.

“I have enjoyed my time on the council and I truly believe that I have added value to the economic decision-making process of the council,” she said in a news release. “I would not only cite my past experience serving in county government but I also bring a solid background of private sector experience as well.”

Sosinski is employed full-time as an accountant/office manager with the National Electrical Contractor’s Association at an office located in Michigan City.

She has served as council liaison to the county coroner’s office, recorder’s office, clerk’s office and voter registration. She serves on various advisory boards directing activities of the departments of the county’s data department, E911 emergency dispatch department, the La Porte County Insurance Committee and the department of human resources as oversight to personnel and policies.

Sosinski is a lifelong resident of La Porte County, graduating from Michigan City Elston High School and taking accounting and business classes at Purdue University North Central.

Lois is a member of Queen of All Saints Church in Michigan City. She is also a long time member of the Coolspring Democratic Club, the La Porte County Democratic Civic Club, and the Michigan City Women’s Democratic Club. Other affiliations include the Michigan City Lions Club, Women of the Moose Lodge No. 980, a family membership at the Saint Joe Club of Michigan City, and the Michigan City High School’s Football Parents Booster Club.

She said the challenge moving forward will by the council’s ability to offset income losses while providing services the public expects.

“As in my past service on the council, I am pledging to again put the resident’s best interests first as I deliberate on the myriad of important decisions that come before me as a member of the county council,” she said. “Our scope of planning and fiscal responsibility must be level across the board and always targeted at improving lives of our residents who live and work in La Porte County. I will be calling on my supporters once again and I am making a promise to work hard for the constituency of the entire county.”

— From staff reports
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com