Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another business comes to Indiana
CaddyRich
post Jan 18 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 756

Hello MCEDC? Hello? Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. This was at www.nwitimes.com.

INDIANAPOLIS | A packaging manufacturer announced Monday it will open a distribution center in the Newton County town of Kentland, creating 50 new jobs.

Vector USA Inc., plans to spend $2.9 million to lease and equip space in Kentland. Vector USA manufactures flexible packaging products for the food industry.

"We chose to locate our facility in Northwest Indiana for the central location to our broad customer base and the strong manufacturing work force in the area," said Rick Heyde, Vector USA senior vice president and chief operating officer. "While establishing a central location was a key element for Vector USA; the state, county and local officials were able to provide a package that convinced us to select Kentland for our facility."

The Kentland facility will consolidate company operations from locations in Illinois, Ohio, New York and Florida into a single Indiana site.

The company is eligible to receive up to $370,000 in performance-based tax credits and $40,000 in training grants from the Indiana Economic Development Corp.

"We know Vector could have chosen another city and state for this expansion project, but this decision represents a vote of confidence in Indiana's business climate and the quality work force in Kentland," said Gov. Mitch Daniels in a written statement.

You can go back to your studies and meetings now.

Signature Bar
"If a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." - Duke of Edinburgh.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Jan 21 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

Are you certain the MCEDC did not attempt to persuade this company to locate in MC?
+Quote Post
CaddyRich
post Jan 21 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Jan 21 2010, 09:47 AM) *

Are you certain the MCEDC did not attempt to persuade this company to locate in MC?

Are you certain that they did? I guess it brings up the point that we rarely find out what they actually do.

Signature Bar
"If a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." - Duke of Edinburgh.
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Jan 21 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

I try to stay positve and be part of the solution instead of being negative and be part of the problem.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 21 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #5

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(CaddyRich @ Jan 21 2010, 02:11 PM) *

Are you certain that they did? I guess it brings up the point that we rarely find out what they actually do.

Much of these negotiations are done behind closed doors to protect the privacy and reputations of companies. Just talking to the mayor on Tuesday night, they are in negotiations with multiple companies to move or expand here as we speak, but we will never know about them as a general public unless the negotiations are successful.
+Quote Post
CaddyRich
post Jan 21 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Jan 21 2010, 06:21 PM) *

I try to stay positve and be part of the solution instead of being negative and be part of the problem.

Oooohhh....Well, I guess you told me....

What's next..."I'm rubber, you're glue...?"

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Jan 27 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jan 21 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Much of these negotiations are done behind closed doors to protect the privacy and reputations of companies. Just talking to the mayor on Tuesday night, they are in negotiations with multiple companies to move or expand here as we speak, but we will never know about them as a general public unless the negotiations are successful.

yes, but when they are spending close to a 1/2 million dollars of our money behind those closed doors every year. It would be nice to let us know what it is spent on.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:19 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com