Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...&TM=84983.8

1/10/2008 11:00:00 AM
Hager To Seek Re-election As Commissioner

From Staff Reports

MICHIGAN CITY - County Commissioner Bill Hager, D-Michigan City, announced Wednesday he will seek re-election, adding his record of making "county government responsive to the people we serve" is going to be a "cornerstone of my campaign."

"For instance, I pushed hard to work with the County Council on a new human resources department so that we could get the cronyism and nepotism out of county hiring," he said in a press release.

"Now, jobs are posted, and anyone has a fair shot at getting hired. That's how it should be."

Hager said he had worked hard "to get county government in the business of economic development and job creation. We've now got a Redevelopment Commission working on creating jobs. We've got new businesses coming in with county help, and we even landed one of the first shovel-ready sites in the state.

"I've also stood up for the working families and that's important to me," Hager continued. "Whether it is taking on NIPSCO over rates and service, or fighting Waste Management to close the Deercroft Landfill or even blocking a new landfill or transfer station, I want people to understand that county government is on their side. I want them to know that we as County Commissioners are going to look out for their interests."

Hager says the commissioners' relationship with the County Council is "at an all-time high," and "cooperation with my fellow commissioners is as good as it has ever been."

"I'm proud of working with County Council President Jerry Cooley to set up our medal recognition program for our dedicated men and women in the Armed Forces. Because of cooperation with the council, we are also looking at creative solutions to problems like the four 10-hour day work weeks we put in at county highway which helped save money and the build-lease plan we're looking at for offices for Purdue Extension."

Hager said he will try to bring a positive approach to government.

"I've been very blessed to have the trust and support of the people of our county," he said, "and I will work hard to earn another vote of confidence from them this election."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 14 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Who???

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:34 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com