Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parks set to sue MCAS
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Really it seems like the only people who have benefited from Michael Harding's tenure as head of the school system is the lawyers.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=33762.21

Parks set to sue MCAS
Park Board sends a final letter urging agreement on facilities use.

Laurie Wink
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - The Michigan City Park Board will pursue legal action against the Michigan City Area Schools Corp. unless MCAS takes action on a notice of contract default.

Park Board President Phil Latchford has sent a letter to Superintendent Michael Harding, giving MCAS 30 days to agree to mediation or reach an agreement.

Latchford received a letter from Harding on Aug. 13 saying MCAS was not interested in mediation.

The Park Board and MCAS have held a series of meetings, including a mediation session with Mayor Chuck Oberlie, regarding a contract agreement signed in April 1988 and renewed in January 2004.

The agreement allowed the Parks Department to use school facilities in exchange for letting MCAS build an addition to Marsh School on Zilla Park land.

The agreement gave the Parks Department the first opportunity to use appropriate facilities without a fee. But MCAS has refused to let groups other than those with an MCAS affiliation use school facilities.

Park Board attorney Patrick Donoghue said the contract allows the board to "take steps to enforce its rights" and to ask for reimbursement of all legal costs, as agreed to by MCAS in the contract.

"We've been trying to avoid this day for a long time through tireless negotiations and explaining our position," Latchford said. "It's pushing us to the point where we have to enforce the contract."

Bryant Dabney, who became a board member in January, said he's been to numerous meetings that all have the same result.

"This has turned into a big mess," Dabney said.

Contact Laurie Wink at lwink@thenewsdispatch.com.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Aug 25 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

Seems to me that Micheal Harding is a spoiled brat. I've seen 4 year olds who are more willing to negotiate.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JHeath @ Aug 25 2008, 09:06 AM) *

Seems to me that Micheal Harding is a spoiled brat. I've seen 4 year olds who are more willing to negotiate.

Funny I was thinking he was more like my two year old throwing a temper tantrum yelling...

"I DON'T WANT TO!!!"

Back to the serious side, there are no if's, and's, or but's about it, the first thing I have to see in a school board candidate is that they will NOT renew Michael Hardings contract. His tenure has been an unmitigated disaster.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Aug 25 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

In the School Board thread, I am gonna copy SSider (sincere flattery) and devise a series of tests to determine whom to vote for. NOT RENEWING is on that list.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:31 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com