Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KD's Hickory Smoked Bar-B-Q, restaurant/carry-out
Yokas
post May 22 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 793

Bob and I ordered food from KD's for the second time in a week. It is absolutely delicious and I want to share this with everyone on CBTL! It is owned by Katie Deutscher and her husband, Mike Jones. It's been open for about 3 years. Hours are Wednesday-Saturday; 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.; Sunday, 12:00p.m.-6:00 p.m.
The aroma coming from KD's is what initially attracted us. They serve huge sandwiches: pulled pork, beef brisket, brats, cajun sausage and polish sausage. The sandwiches include fries (they cut the potatoes themselves). They also serve dinners: smoked chicken, pork ribs, rib tips, stc. Dinners include fries, bread, and coleslaw. They also serve jambalaya, gumbo and rice, red beans and rice, and baked beans. And they make their own homemade BBQ sauce.
Seating is limited; but you can dine in or carry out.
The food is outstanding, prices are good and I hope that you give it a try. We were very impressed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 22 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

OOPS!! I forgot to tell you where KD's is...on 12 between Liberty Trail and Karwick Rd. The address is: 2311 E. US Hwy 12. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 24 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Mmmmmm......

You made my tummy growl with the list of food. Sounds delish!!
Thanks for info. Next time I'm in 'City looking for a place to eat, I'll try it.

Also, we could put it on our list of possibilities for the next meet & greet!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Yokas
post May 24 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 24 2010, 01:16 PM) *

Mmmmmm......

You made my tummy growl with the list of food. Sounds delish!!
Thanks for info. Next time I'm in 'City looking for a place to eat, I'll try it.

Also, we could put it on our list of possibilities for the next meet & greet!

I've been off and on CBTL lately; so I've obviously missed a lot! Where did you move? I thought you were with dad in MC.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 25 2010, 09:06 AM
Post #5

I live in LaPorte. Dad moved out to Gary and I didn't want to live there. A friend of his GAVE him a house and it was an opportunity he just couldn't pass up. (I wish someone would just give me a house!) So, I'm living and working in LaPorte. After almost a year, I finally got a real and permanent job working for Paul Marsh-Nationwide Insurance Agency. Insurance is what I did in WY, so I am back in my element and living large. (Call for a no-obligation quote.....laugh.gif)

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 25 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Ang @ May 25 2010, 10:06 AM) *

I live in LaPorte. Dad moved out to Gary and I didn't want to live there. A friend of his GAVE him a house and it was an opportunity he just couldn't pass up. (I wish someone would just give me a house!) So, I'm living and working in LaPorte. After almost a year, I finally got a real and permanent job working for Paul Marsh-Nationwide Insurance Agency. Insurance is what I did in WY, so I am back in my element and living large. (Call for a no-obligation quote.....laugh.gif)

Yeah, if it involves being in Gary, it might not really be much of a gift... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 25 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #7

I know. I haven't seen it yet, but it's actually in Black Oak right off Burr St. North.

Hmmmmm.........

He says it's a nice house and it's on a dead-end road and he's at the end so it's pretty secluded. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:31 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com