Tim
post Nov 3 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

This is just sad.

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/news/articl...1ffd365b5c.html

La PORTE COUNTY — La Porte County Coroner John Sullivan announced today that he immediately suspended Deputy Coroner Dawn Maxson on "news of her arrest and lifted her credentials" and stated she "will remain on suspension without pay until the conclusion of the criminal case against her."
Sunday, it was announced that the 47-year-old Maxson had been arrested for dealing the narcotic Hydromorphone, a morphine derivative used for pain. She was charged, officially, with dealing a schedule I, II or III controlled subsntance, which is a level 4 felony. She was transported to the La Porte County Jail and held in lieu of a $20,000 cash bond.

Sullivan said that all his deputies "are part-time and are assigned death scenes on a rotating basis." He added that there have been "literally dozens of individuals employed as deputies over my terms as Coroner and we try to screen and evaluate prospects as best we can. The Metro Squad is to be thanked for their efforts in detecting this and I commend the Sheriff's Department for their aggressive effort to root out illicit drug sales, no matter where the trail leads."

La Porte County Sheriff John Boyd said Sunday: "While I'm very disappointed to see a public official charged with dealing drugs, I'm proud of the efforts and determination put forth by our Metro Narcotics team. Even more frustrating is the fact that as a deputy coroner, Maxson has been witness to lives lost due to the ravages of drug addiction yet she has chosen to deal narcotics. We were aware from the onset of this investigation that Maxson worked for the coroner's office, an agency we routinely work very closely with, yet that did not deter our investigators. Let this arrest put drug dealers on notice that police officers in La Porte County are committed to pursuing all avenues when it comes to stopping drug sales."

Additional charges are pending against Maxson as this is an ongoing investigation. Anyone with information regarding this specific case or issues related to the illegal sale of narcotics are encouraged to call the La Porte County Metro Operations Units at 219-325-9022.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:14 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com