IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City well represented 2014 Best if the Midwest underclassmen football combine
taxthedeer
post Feb 17 2014, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Michigan City will be well represented at the Best of the Midwest Underclassmen Football combine today at the Indicrediplex Indoor Facility in Indianapolis today.

Scout.com will have a live webcast of the event beginning at 1:15 Michigan City time this afternoon.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 17 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 17 2014, 08:00 AM) *

Michigan City will be well represented at the Best of the Midwest Underclassmen Football combine today at the Indicrediplex Indoor Facility in Indianapolis today.

Scout.com will have a live webcast of the event beginning at 1:15 Michigan City time this afternoon.

Who will be attending, and what will they be doing? Is this a ISHAA Sponsored event or is this a pay to take your kid to the event type of thing? Courious, because i have never heard of this type of event.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 17 2014, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

I heard reports that Brady Hoke and the U of M have already offered two "athletes" at the combine. A current 9th grader from Ben Davis who is a LBer and a current 8th grader CB who will be attending Brebuf Jesuit.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 17 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 17 2014, 08:31 AM) *

Who will be attending, and what will they be doing? Is this a ISHAA Sponsored event or is this a pay to take your kid to the event type of thing? Courious, because i have never heard of this type of event.
I know of at least three players from M.C. are attending. I've spoken with other area coaches and they have sent their players as well as their own sons in previous years and they told me it is a very good event.

http://www.incrediplex.com/public/sports/football.cfm

Best of the Midwest Football Combine

*Combine is for athletes Grades 9-11*

All Pro Sports has teamed up with Incrediplex to provide high school football players with the opportunity to prove themselves, improve their skills, and gain the needed exposure to further their playing careers at the next level. Compete against the Best of the Midwest at our annual football combine! Players will have the opportunity to work with some of the top coaches in the Midwest during this combine.

Representatives from Scout, 24/7 Sports, ESPN, Rivals & The Indianapolis Star will be in attendance and adding top performers to their recruiting database.

In the past three years 203 individual players have received D1 scholarships since attending this event. With 22 of those athletes being names to various All American Teams.

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!

Monday, February 17th, 2014 9AM - 2PM
Tuition is $50 per athlete. $45 for 10 or more (team/group).

All Quarterbacks must bring their own football.
All participants should bring cleats & running shoes.
Mouth pieces required for ALL athletes.

For more information contact the Combine Director, Greg Brookey, at 317.514.1005 or email him at allprolcl@comcast.net

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1375047.html

The Best of the Midwest Combine in Indianapolis always brings out some of the top talents in the region and this year, the list of participants boasts 26 with offers and many more who are ready to earn them.

In past years, the Best of the Midwest has lived up to its name. Players like Jaylon Smith, Marshon Lattimore, Erick Smith, Jalen Embry, Delano Hill, Kyle Bolin, Terry McLaurin, Elijah Daniel, Steven Elmer, Brandon Lee and many others have participated.
Scout will have full coverage of Monday's event. Here is a look at some of the notables signed up for this year's combine.

Quarterbacks
Ramone Atkins- Gary West Side, IN- 2015
Clay Bolin- Lexington Lafayette, KY- 2016
Kyle Castner- Ben Davis, IN- 2015
Pat Ford- Walsh Jesuit, OH- 2016
Timmy Herrin- Terre Haute South- 2015
Tyree Jackson- Mona Shores, MI- 2015
Hunter Johnson- Brownsburg, IN- 2017*
Kyle Kaparos- Upper Arlington, OH- 2015
Austin Kendall- Charlotte Christian, NC- 2016 (BCS offers)
Saalih Muhammad- Springfield Shawnee, OH- 2016
Riley Neal- Yorktown, IN- 2015
Aaron Slone- Madison Southern, KY- 2016
Tommy Stevens- Decatur Central, IN- 2015 (BCS offers)

Running Backs
Toks Akinribade- Brownsburg, IN- 2016
Myrick El- Michigan Collegiate, MI- 2015
Damien Harris- Madison Southern , KY- 2015 (BCS offers)
Jeremy Larkin- Cincinnati LaSalle, OH- 2016
Chris Lavette- Cleveland Glenville, OH- 2015
Martel Pettaway- South Lake, MI- 2016
Romello Ross- Western HS, MI- 2015
Jonathan Sutherland- Ottawa, Canada- 2017
Maurice Thomas- Oxford Talawanda, OH- 2015
Mike Weber- Cass Tech, MI- 2015 (BCS offers)

Tight Ends
Joey Davidson- North Royalton, OH- 2015
Jacob Miller- Northwestern HS,MI- 2015
Kyle Schrank- Hamilton Southeastern, IN- 2015
Daniel Werner- Mt Vernon, IN- 2015

Wide Receivers
Nick Marosi- Grand Rapids Catholic, MI- 2015
Rashad Medaris- Pike HS,IN- 2015
Chase Pankey- Cinn. Moeller, OH- 2015
Donovan Peoples- Cass Tech, MI-2017
Quentin Taliaferro- Pike HS,IN- 2015
Kanyon Tuttle- Charlotte Latin, NC- 2015
Demetric Vance- Cass Tech, MI- 2016
Grant Weatherford- Hamilton Heights, IN- 2015

Offensive Line
Jontrell Crockett- Cleveland Glenville, OH- 2015
Rob Dowdy- Westerville South, OH- 2015 (BCS offers)
Drake Jackson- Woodford Cty, KY- 2016 ( BCS offer)
Chase Latscha- Olathe South, KS- 2015
Hunter Littlejohn- Olentangy North, OH- 2015 ( BCS offers)
Evan Mallory- Brownsburg, IN- 2015 (BCS offers)
Trent Maynard- Decatur Central, IN- 2016 (BCS offers)
Kyonta Stallworth- South lake, MI- 2015 (Michigan State commit)

Defensive Line
Joshua Alabi- Cass Tech HS,MI-2015 (BCS offers)
Jashon Cornell- Cretin-Derham Hall, MN (BCS offers)
Marquise Lewiis- Cleveland Glenville,OH-2015
Sam McKnight- Cleveland Glenville,OH-2015
Dondaycee Millbrook- Southport HS,IN-2015
Jordan Thompson- Cinn.LaSalle,OH-2015 (BCS offers)
Brandon Tiassum- Park Tudor HS,IN-2015 (BCS offers)
Lucas Maynard- Teays Valley ,OH-2015
Jeffery Pooler- Chaminade-Julienne ,OH-2016
Jovan Swann- Center Grove,IN-2016
Dillon Allen- Chaminade-Julienne, OH- 2016

Linebackers
Josh Barajas- Andrean ,IN- 2015 (BCS offers)
Asmar Bilal- Ben Davis, IN- 2015 (BCS offers) *Maybe
Nick Conner- Dublin Scioto, OH- 2015 (BCS offers)
London Cloud- Bedford,OH- 2015 (offer)
Matthew Draper- Brush HS,OH- 2015 (BCS offers)
Marco Anverse- Troy ,OH- 2015
Ryan Gilmartin- Charlotte Christian , NC- 2016 (offers)
Gabe Estes- New Palestine,IN-2015
Jango Glackin- Lebanon, OH- 2016
Milen Golden- Cleveland Glenville, OH- 2015
Justice Hart- Cleveland Glenville, OH- 2015
Troy Henderson- Lakewood St Edwards- 2015
Shuron Howard- Westerville South, OH-2015
Donovan Lynch- Noblesville,IN- 2015
Collin Miller- Hamilton Southeastern, IN- 2016
Quentin Moon- Pike HS,IN- 2015 ( BCS offer)
Kenyon Moon- Cleveland Glenville, OH – 2015
Aaron Sipple- Madison Southern, KY- 2015
Matt Thompson- Avon, IN- 2016
Tyriq Thompson- ML King,MI- 2015 ( BCS offers)

Defensive Backs
Shaun Crawford- Lakewood St Edwards, OH- 2015 (Michigan commit)
Dior Johnson- Southfield,MI-2015 (Offer)
John Kelly- Oak Park, MI- 2015(BCS offers)
Jaylon McClinton - Charlotte Christian, NC-2015
Tyrone Miller- Saline HS,MI-2015
Brad Morris- Pickerington Central ,OH-2015
Trevon Story- Cleveland Glenville,OH-2015
Denzel Ward- Nordonia HS,OH
Rayon Gordon- Cretin-Derham Hall,MN-2015
Mykelti Williams- Warren Central,IN-2015 (BCS offers)
Aaron Pope- Cleveland Glenville,OH-2016
Trey Linton- Charlotte Christian ,NC- 2015

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1375930.html

"LIVE" ScoutCast Best of the Midwest Combine

By Dave Berk

Recruiting Analyst
Posted Feb 15, 2014

The Scout.com Midwest recruiting team will broadcast "LIVE" following the Best of the Midwest combine in Indianapolis, Indiana on Monday, Feb. 17th starting around 2:15 p.m. est.

With a projected 300 prospects in attendance, the 2014 Best of the Midwest Combine is expected to be one of the best of the year in the Midwest.
The Scout.com Midwest recruiting team will be on hand to provide post combine coverage including a live online broadcast following the end of the event with several of the regions top prospects as well as a look at the top performers from the day as voted upon by the Scout.com team.

Date: Monday, Feb 17, 2014
Projected Start Time: 2:15 p.m. est.

We will not be taking calls for this event. However, you can listen by phone if you have issues listening by computer or other device by calling the following phone number and entering the show Call ID number.

Phone: (724) 444-7444

Call ID: 131065

+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 18 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #5

How did they do...
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 18 2014, 12:07 PM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

Marquette/LaLumiere freshmen Markice Hurt Jr. ran the fastest time of the event in the 40 yard dash with a time of 4.34. He will be transferring to Michigan City High School next fall.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 18 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 18 2014, 12:07 PM) *

Marquette/LaLumiere freshmen Markice Hurt Jr. ran the fastest time of the event in the 40 yard dash with a time of 4.34. He will be transferring to Michigan City High School next fall.

That is silly fast!!! What other drills do they get tested in and who were the other MC participants? Hopefully more transfers to MC instead of transferring out of MC.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 18 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Feb 18 2014, 01:15 PM) *

That is silly fast!!! What other drills do they get tested in and who were the other MC participants? Hopefully more transfers to MC instead of transferring out of MC.
Along with Markice, Michigan City High School freshmen Aryuan Cain-Veasey and Ja'Mierea Woodard took part in the combine, all three of them are cousins. Ja'Mierea's dad took them down yesterday. I think there might have been a few others. The participants run drills based on the position they play, still waiting for this years results to be posted.

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 19 2014, 06:42 AM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

Players are divided up into positions and are tested in the 40 yard dash, agility I-cone drill, broad jump and pro shuttle.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 20 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

IPB Image
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 20 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 20 2014, 10:21 AM) *

IPB Image

So Kaletha is now coaching at the High School?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 20 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 20 2014, 10:44 AM) *

So Kaletha is now coaching at the High School?
He's not coaching anywhere as far as I know, he was supposed to join the staff at La Lumiere last season but that never came to fruition. He was just one of the parents that took the boys to the combine.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 20 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 20 2014, 01:11 PM) *

He's not coaching anywhere as far as I know, he was supposed to join the staff at La Lumiere last season but that never materialized. He was just one of the parents that took the boys to the combine.

I heard from people who attended the LP-MC basketball game that the board was to act on his application for a newly formed or open position as Strength and Conditioning Coordinator/varsity Ass't Head Coach. It was also mentioned that the coach from East Chicago had applied or was already named the new AD at MCHS. I can't confirm any of this but I have heard it enough that it must have legs. I assumed it must be Offensive Coordinator slot. He would then have the ability since he was "inside" the building to apply for Basketball, Baseball or any open coaching positions and administrative slots such as Dean of Students like Coach Boyd. The only open slot I am aware of is the AD spot but others may know of more.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 20 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 20 2014, 01:14 PM) *

He's not coaching anywhere as far as I know, he was supposed to join the staff at La Lumiere last season but that never came to fruition. He was just one of the parents that took the boys to the combine.

I guess here is where a concern would be if he is not coaching at the high school. He is planning on taking "City Kids" to a Varsity 7 on 7 tournaments at MAC colleges as stated in the article.
1) Is he running the same passing plays as the high school or his own plays,
2) Is he teaching the QB to make the same reads for different defensive coverages as the high school is or are they different reads and adjustments,
3) Is he using the same terminology as the High School or his own,
4) Is he teaching the same route adjustments for the WR's as the High School for different coverages or any at all.

I didn't even get into the defensive side of the 7 on 7. But there are just as many questions if not more than the offensive ones noted above. (ie what type of coverages will they run, what techniques and reads will you use, will you use the same terminology...)

This may sound trivial, but it just seems that everyone in this town wants to do their own thing. No one wants to be on the same page as everyone else. Then the kids need to learn over again different routes or terminology, or different techniques. Somewhere there is a point to where the kids are second guessing themselves and saying "Am I suppose to do it this way or that way"...

Don't get me wrong, great that they went down to the combine. Combines show athletic ability that a player has. But if we are going to and doing 7 on 7 tournements and they are not doing what is being done up at the High School then what are we doing it for.

I can tell you the reason Don Howell was soo sucessfull in Hobart was that everyone was on the same page Youth Leauge-Middle School-High School. There wasn't any individualism out there to muddy the water.

And as I read the article he wasn't just one of the parents that took the kids to the combine. He was listed as Coach. Both for the combine as well as the 7 on 7...

Just pointing out what a great divide there is and why things maybe the way they are... Too many cooks making the same meal with different cook books...
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Feb 20 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #15

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 20 2014, 03:53 PM) *

I guess here is where a concern would be if he is not coaching at the high school. He is planning on taking "City Kids" to a Varsity 7 on 7 tournaments at MAC colleges as stated in the article.
1) Is he running the same passing plays as the high school or his own plays,
2) Is he teaching the QB to make the same reads for different defensive coverages as the high school is or are they different reads and adjustments,
3) Is he using the same terminology as the High School or his own,
4) Is he teaching the same route adjustments for the WR's as the High School for different coverages or any at all.

I didn't even get into the defensive side of the 7 on 7. But there are just as many questions if not more than the offensive ones noted above. (ie what type of coverages will they run, what techniques and reads will you use, will you use the same terminology...)

This may sound trivial, but it just seems that everyone in this town wants to do their own thing. No one wants to be on the same page as everyone else. Then the kids need to learn over again different routes or terminology, or different techniques. Somewhere there is a point to where the kids are second guessing themselves and saying "Am I suppose to do it this way or that way"...

Don't get me wrong, great that they went down to the combine. Combines show athletic ability that a player has. But if we are going to and doing 7 on 7 tournements and they are not doing what is being done up at the High School then what are we doing it for.

I can tell you the reason Don Howell was soo sucessfull in Hobart was that everyone was on the same page Youth Leauge-Middle School-High School. There wasn't any individualism out there to muddy the water.

And as I read the article he wasn't just one of the parents that took the kids to the combine. He was listed as Coach. Both for the combine as well as the 7 on 7...

Just pointing out what a great divide there is and why things maybe the way they are... Too many cooks making the same meal with different cook books...

And it just kills our programs. No one where else I know of has this stuff happening. Most towns the teams are cooperatives and are teaching the same terminology and techniques from day in elementary school, all of the way through graduation day in high school.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 20 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Feb 20 2014, 04:47 PM) *

And it just kills our programs. No one where else I know of has this stuff happening. Most towns the teams are cooperatives and are teaching the same terminology and techniques from day in elementary school, all of the way through graduation day in high school.

Can someone please explain something to me. How people always complain that we do not have enough parental involvement in our schools but when we have parents that want to get involved people complain as to the level of their involvement?

Another thing is when those in charge ask for input from the community and when the community their input we are labeled or stereotyped as being negative or uneducated?
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 20 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 20 2014, 06:08 PM) *

Can someone please explain something to me. How people always complain that we do not have enough parental involvement in our schools but when we have parents that want to get involved people complain as to the level of their involvement?

Another thing is when those in charge ask for input from the community and when the community their input we are labeled or stereotyped as being negative or uneducated?

In my above noted long winded babble, I was not down playing parent/community involvement at all and am sorry if it came across that way. My issue is any parent/community involvement should be done in such a fashion that it coexists along with what is already in place or is currently being used/taught that they are volunteering in. If it isn't then the two identities are at odds with each other and are not striving for the same end result. Kind of like the old saying a house divided...

Example~
A friend sees me painting my house, he says hey let me help you. While you are painting the front I will start on the back. I want my house painted white, but he grabs a can of blue and goes to town painting the back of the house blue cause thats the color he likes best. Did he really help my situation?

Everyone just needs to make sure they are on the same page is all I am saying... I really can't speak for those in charge labeling or stereotyping anyone... I just hope if anyone is giving instruction to the communitiy it is all within the scope of what is already in place-whether its Math Help, Basketball Help, or Football, we all have to be on the same page from the bottom to the top to succeed.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Feb 20 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #18

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 20 2014, 07:43 PM) *

In my above noted long winded babble, I was not down playing parent/community involvement at all and am sorry if it came across that way. My issue is any parent/community involvement should be done in such a fashion that it coexists along with what is already in place or is currently being used/taught that they are volunteering in. If it isn't then the two identities are at odds with each other and are not striving for the same end result. Kind of like the old saying a house divided...

Example~
A friend sees me painting my house, he says hey let me help you. While you are painting the front I will start on the back. I want my house painted white, but he grabs a can of blue and goes to town painting the back of the house blue cause thats the color he likes best. Did he really help my situation?

Everyone just needs to make sure they are on the same page is all I am saying... I really can't speak for those in charge labeling or stereotyping anyone... I just hope if anyone is giving instruction to the communitiy it is all within the scope of what is already in place-whether its Math Help, Basketball Help, or Football, we all have to be on the same page from the bottom to the top to succeed.

Bingo.
+Quote Post
sunny
post Feb 21 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,206

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 20 2014, 02:14 PM) *

I find it hilarious that this man keeps calling himself a coach when he hasn't coached one play at the high school level. Other successful communities hire coaches that have coaching experience at the high school level or are former collegiate players. Kaletha is neither. C'mon MC, I realize that we (MCAS) are under fiscal restraints, but let's not give up quality for quantity. Think about it... there's a reason why La Lumiere didn't hire him.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 21 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 20 2014, 07:43 PM) *

Example~

Your house analogy is spot on backwoods but let me play Red Devil's Advocate here. What if your neighbor has a house that looks just plain awful and it is bringing down property values. You see your neighbor has clutter in his yard for the last 3 years. You have talked to him about cleaning up the house and have offered to help. Your neighbor has trouble opening up a paint can. When he has been able to open it paint goes everywhere. He refuses to use a ladder, doesn't know what a roller is and the only paint brush he has is a small artist's brush that he also uses for his paint by numbers playbook. Is that when families in the neighborhood move or change school districts?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:53 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com