> Horizon sued by Michigan bank
Southsider2k12
post Aug 12 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michiga...porary_res.html

KALAMAZOO — Michigan Commerce Bank’s attempt to prevent a handful of its former bankers from moving to a competitor was denied by a judge recently.

But the lawsuit alleging the bankers broke confidentiality agreements and misappropriated trade secrets will continue in Kalamazoo County Circuit Court.

Michigan Commerce sued Horizon Bank and five executives of Michigan Commerce’s Portage branch in early June after Horizon hired former Michigan Commerce President Dennis Kuhn in May.

Michigan Commerce had received a temporary restraining order and had sought a preliminary injunction against the executives: Kuhn, Steve Piper, John Crandle, Roy Dangel Jr. and Don VanLandegent Jr.

But Judge Alexander Lipsey dissolved the temporary restraining order and denied Michigan Commerce’s request for a preliminary injunction June 21, according to a court filing made in late July. But Lipsey made no ruling on the allegations in the suit.

Michigan City, Ind.-based Horizon Bank last month announced that it had opened a local bank branch in the Ashton Woods II Center at 1300 W. Centre Ave. in Portage and had hired Piper, Crandle, Dangel and VanLandegent.

Michigan Commerce and its parent company, Capitol Bancorp Ltd., of Lansing, are still seeking unspecified monetary damages “equal to defendants unjust enrichment.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 12 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Huh? Is all the information here? I think I might be missing something because I don't get WHY they are suing?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
lbl
post Aug 12 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 12 2010, 12:55 PM) *

Huh? Is all the information here? I think I might be missing something because I don't get WHY they are suing?

Looks like a non-compete suit. Kinda strange in banking, but I guess banking needs to be so creative that area banks can't afford to share marketing strategies...hmmm dry.gif

Signature Bar
Buy Local!
Eat at Locally OWNED restaurants!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:14 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com