> Pence could have big changes if Trump VP candidate
diggler
post Aug 31 2016, 05:54 AM
Post #41

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

IPB Image

Pence dismisses concerns about Clinton's health, stokes fears of 'rigged' election

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM 08/30/16 05:03 PM EDT

Mike Pence dismissed concerns about Hillary Clinton’s health on Tuesday, but he continued to stoke worries about Democrats stealing the election from Donald Trump via mass voter fraud.

“I would tell you I think your skepticism is well-founded, but the response ought to be action,” Pence told a questioner at a Georgia town hall who said she worried the election would be “rigged.”

Pence encouraged people in the audience to work at their local polling places to ensure the integrity of the vote, as he has encouraged other audiences that have raised the question.

But while stoking fears of fraud, Pence pushed back against claims that Clinton was covering up serious health troubles. Pence was asked by one audience member for his thoughts on whether Clinton should release her health records given, the questioner said, “claims made by several doctors including Dr. Ben Carson and Dr. Drew off of CNN and other professionals concerning Hillary Clinton’s deteriorating health and judgment ability.”

“I’m less concerned about her bad health as I am about her bad ideas,” Pence said. “That’s the stuff that keeps me up at night. I mean, she wants to raise taxes … She thinks Obamacare is just a good start.”

Pence did say Clinton and Trump ought to release their health records.

“The public always has a right to know,” he said.

Another questioner broached the subject of illegal immigration — once the signature issue of the campaign that has become muddled in recent days as Trump has waffled about whether or not he actually supports deporting the 11 million people here illegally, as he previously said.

The questioner referred to “anchor babies,” which she defined as a child “born to two illegals.” She incorrectly stated that only children born to two naturalized citizens are citizens under the 14th Amendment. In fact, anyone born in the United States are granted citizenship under the Civil War-era amendment. Pence did not correct her. Trump has previously questioned the principle of birthright citizenship.

Pence demurred on any specifics, telling the questioner to watch Trump’s immigration address scheduled for tomorrow.

“Get ready for a speech tomorrow night,” Pence said. “I don’t want to get too far ahead of him, but wait about 24 hours, you’re going to hear a lot of detail.”

During a recent interview, Pence also sidestepped the issue, saying Trump’s calls for mass deportation were “a mechanism, not a policy.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diggler
post Sep 11 2016, 05:09 AM
Post #42

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, the 2016 GOP vice presidential nominee, told Breitbart News that he was “taken aback” at Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton’s disdain for millions of Americans as evidenced by comments she made at a private fundraiser on Friday night with Barbra Streisand about millions of Donald Trump supporters nationwide.

http://bit.ly/2cnkkcp

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Sep 14 2016, 07:25 AM
Post #43

Really Comfortable

IPB Image
“I’m overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I’ve championed for years”--David Duke

In his public comments, Pence worked to keep the focus on Hillary Clinton — even when questioned about Duke.

When pressed on some of the racist elements of Trump's supporters, Pence drew a comparison to when the time the father of the Orlando, Florida, shooter's father attended a Hillary Clinton rally — something that Pence sharply criticized her for at the time. Pence said Tuesday that Duke's support should be considered in the same light

http://politi.co/2cJUGMO

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Sep 25 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #44

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Pence: Gennifer Flowers will not be at debate

Kyle Chenney

Mike Pence insisted Sunday that Gennifer Flowers — who claimed to have an affair with Bill Clinton before his presidential run — would not be attending Monday’s debate, despite Donald Trump’s invitation.

“Gennifer Flowers will not be attending the debate tomorrow night,” he told Fox News Sunday’s Chris Wallace speaking of the event slated for Hofstra University in New York.

Pence said Trump’s suggestion he might invite Flowers was a “tweet” in response to Hillary Clinton’s campaign decision to invite mogul Mark Cuban, owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, to sit in the front row of the debate.

“Hillary Clinton apparently thinks this is an episode of 'Shark Tank,'” he said, adding, “Mark Cuban has been out there saying some pretty tough stuff about my running mate … [He] knows about as much about national security as I do about professional basketball.”

+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 4 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,457

Indiana made the news again.

Federal court repudiates Pence edict

I wrote to Gov. Pence when this went out - knowing full well this would happen. I also find it hard to believe that a evangelical Christian would ever issue an edict like this. Godless Europe is shouldering 85% of the refugees - the USA about 2% - while the Christian crusade does it's best to elect a xenophobe.

Meanwhile, 2nd rep Walorski wants to keep open a jail that costs over $10 million/prisoner. Now there's some good ol' conservatism for you!

Walorski keeping Gitmo open - at all costs

The hypocrisy is as thick as it gets.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 5 2016, 05:36 AM
Post #46

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

WHO WON THE VP DEBATE?

http://bit.ly/2dJHg8F

_
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 5 2016, 12:00 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(diggler @ Oct 5 2016, 06:36 AM) *

IPB Image

WHO WON THE VP DEBATE?

http://bit.ly/2dJHg8F
_

I am always looking for opportunities to learn in my life, especially since my age is a factor in just plain living. I am grateful to diggler for putting this up.

if you click on the link, it brings you to the drudge report's poll of the debate winner. Like a topic prominent in the debate (the difference between an autocracy and a democracy), this poll shows 96% for Pence and 6% for Kaine. You have to laugh. This is what pundits and experts alike are calling "an unscientific internet poll" - I didn't know what they were talking about until I saw this. Thanks again.

Since you asked a question, I will answer - "it doesn't matter". VP debates are watched overwhelming by partisans, and very few independents/undecided (if there are any left right now) will watch, and very unlikely until it ends.

Gov. Mike Pence did a good job in the face of a terrible situation. He articulated the RNC positions and his own pretty well and I understood them. What he didn't do well, as if he really could, was defend Donald Trump's positions, which are largely, in this democracy at least until this point, indefensible. I also did not like that he chided Kaine for being well prepared - this is after all the second most important position in the world, and to be prepared for a debate is not a bad thing and is highly recommended. Silly me for thinking this.

Sen. Kaine also articulated his positions well and had no problem including his running mate into them. I learned a lot about their programs (it was great that he bullet pointed them - very professional) and found his distinctions and differences quite striking - which is good for everybody. Some chat about his interrupting is OK by me, maybe he did it too often, maybe if he held back it would be more effective, but in my opinion, it was not material to the outcome or information disseminated from it (apologies to the Pence fans).

Though it didn't make good television, it was an excellent example of how our democracy is supposed to work and how professional people can articulate positions without a food fight. I also thought the moderator was very good in that she was a monotone and gave reminders about time and interruptions. The debate was a win-win - there were no losers.

However, I think the big question, which did make good television for those who stuck with it and were truly undecided, was the question about faith. Sen. Kaine gets my vote here. In a democracy, you simply can't take your personal beliefs into the office - you have to do what the law abiding voting public has for you. Like Kaine, I am against the death penalty for reasons of faith, but in my own town we have a death house. I think this is terrible - I wish it was not there. But until my fellow Hoosiers agree with me (and look at their own faith's true teachings, because it is there in every faith - i.e., "thou shalt not kill"), I will not block decisions - I might hold a candle or say a prayer for the condemned, but if the people of the State wants it, I would not stand in the way. Kaine must have had it really tough - Virginia is second only to Texas in state executions. God help him.

Gov. Pence, with regard to pregnancy termination, is different. He thinks that his faith trumps all others and we should follow his values and moral and ethics that he himself has obtained. This is wrong. Gov. Pence would have every woman report a heavy period, disallow pregnancy terminations for the most heinous of crimes, and force women to term on every account of conception - without State support. With regard to contraception, Gov. Pence has this wild and inhumane idea that every young person will make the right decision when it comes to engaging in sex and simply does not need protection. This is simply ridiculous. We should all teach children proper behavior, but it can't be legislated. We have to provide people choices and safeguards.

On substance - Kaine; on delivery - tie
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 5 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #48

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

For once I have to agree with Mr. OxyContin:

http://bit.ly/2dLqNkg

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 8 2016, 04:30 AM
Post #49

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Jon Huntsman calls on Trump to drop out of the race

By MADELINE CONWAY 10/07/16 08:58 PM EDT

Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah who had endorsed Donald Trump for president, is calling on the Republican nominee to drop out of the race and leave his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, to take his place at the top of the ticket.

“In a campaign cycle that has been nothing but a race to the bottom — at such a critical moment for our nation — and with so many who have tried to be respectful of a record primary vote, the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket,” Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune.

Huntsman, a Republican who ran for president in 2012, called on Trump to bow out of the race in the wake of revelations that he had made a series of aggressive sexual comments about women, bragging about groping them, in a private conversation in 2005.

The Washington Post published video and audio from that conversation, between Trump and NBC’s Billy Bush, on Friday, prompting a flurry of condemnation from other Republicans, including Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee. Democrats have been quick to jump on the comments to further their argument that Trump is sexist.

If anywhere, Huntsman’s rebuke of Trump would be most likely to resonate in his home state of Utah, which is reliably Republican but has a large Mormon population with whom Trump’s rhetoric about women is not likely to sit well.

Another prominent Republican with roots in Utah, Mitt Romney, has refused to endorse Trump and also offered sharp criticism of the nominee’s leaked comments. Evan McMullin, a conservative who is running a long-shot independent bid for president, was born in the state.

"I've said some foolish things but there's a big difference between the words and actions of other people," Trump warned. "Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. I just know what Bill told me and that was that he was aware that Hillary was bisexual and he didn’t care. He should know. He said Hillary had eaten more pussy than he had.

We will discuss this more in the coming days. See you at the debate on Sunday."

http://nydn.us/2dYlGJp

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 8 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #50

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Pence backs off from subbing for Trump in Wisconsin as fallout intensifies

Tony Cook , Chelsea Schneider and Maureen Groppe , IndyStar 2:30 p.m. EDT October 8, 2016

Trump's lewd comments about women cause some GOP leaders to distance themselves from him

It is expected that Gov. Mike Pence will no longer stand in for Donald Trump at a Republican Party event in Wisconsin on Saturday.

Pence said Saturday he was "offended by the words and actions" of his running mate, a statement that came just hours after a devastating recording surfaced in which Donald Trump makes lewd comments about women

Pence’s statement did not address the Wisconsin event. But a source familiar with the plan confirmed to IndyStar that Pence no longer planned to attend.

Pence had been set to replace Trump at the GOP event, after U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, called off Trump’s appearance. Pence’s lieutenant governor and Republican candidate for Indiana governor Eric Holcomb also denounced Trump’s comments.

Trump, meanwhile, issued a statement apologizing “if anyone was offended.”

The recording of Trump on a hot mic prior to a soap opera appearance in 2005 was obtained by NBC News and the Washington Post.

“I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," Trump said. "Grab 'em by the (expletive)."

In his initial written response, Trump said Friday: “This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”

Later in the day, Ryan released this statement:

I am sickened by what I heard today. Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified. I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests. In the meantime, he is no longer attending tomorrow’s event in Wisconsin.”

Other top Indiana Republicans declined to say whether they still support Trump, but they sharply denounced Trump’s decade-old comments.

“These are absolutely unacceptable thoughts and comments,” Holcomb said.

"I think Donald Trump's terrible comments were beyond offensive,” said U.S. Rep. Todd Young, the Republican candidate competing for Indiana’s open U.S. Senate seat.

After Ryan canceled Trump's Wisconsin appearance, the GOP nominee announced a short time later that he would be "spending the day in New York in debate prep with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Jeff Sessions, and then flying to St. Louis on Sunday for the 2nd Presidential Debate."

The timing of the recording's release couldn’t be worse for Trump, who faces Democrat Hillary Clinton at 9 p.m. Sunday (EST) at Washington University in St. Louis for their second primetime debate with just a month before the Nov. 8 election.

Republicans were still assessing the damage from the recording late Friday. Some called on social media for Trump to step down. Others encouraged Pence to drop out in protest.

"Trump should step down immediately tonight, yielding to Governor Pence as the GOP Nominee," Rob Engstrom, national political director for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said on Twitter.

"Does anybody think that a Pence-Ryan ticket wouldn't do better than a Trump-Pence?" Stuart Stevens, a former adviser to 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said on Twitter.

"Mike Pence should be off the ticket by sunrise," John Weaver, a campaign strategist for Ohio Gov. John Kasich, said on Twitter. "He already owns much of what has happened, surely he doesn't want to own this."

In reality though, switching up the ticket would be extremely difficult at this point. Early voting has already started in several states, including the key battleground states of Florida and North Carolina, according to the U.S. Election Project.

While the Republican Party does have a formal process for filling vacancies "by reason of death, declination, or otherwise," it's not clear that a resignation of candidacy would qualify. The party could change the rules, but that would be a lengthy process and virtually impossible to accomplish before the election, according to the Washington Post.

In a video response released early Saturday, Trump showed no interest in stepping aside and apologized again for his lewd comments from 2005.

"I said it, I was wrong and I apologize," Trump said, explaining that the people and experiences he's encountered on the campaign trail have changed him.

Trump added that he is not a perfect person and that his comments from more than a decade ago don't reflect who he is.

But he said there's a big difference between his words and the actions of the Clintons.

"Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims," Trump said.

He closed his videotaped comments by saying: "See you at the debate on Sunday."

While Pence has not addressed Trump's 2005 comments directly, he previously has dismissed the media’s scrutiny of other controversial Trump comments and tweets, saying he emerges stronger every time.

“He said that, he tweeted that,” Pence said last week during a campaign appearance in Fort Wayne. “They think they finally got him right where they want him, and they turn on the TV the next morning, and Donald Trump is still standing strong fighting for the American people.”

While some Republicans would rather see Pence as the presidential nominee, one political analyst doesn't envision Pence's association with Trump playing out well for him.

"You live by the sword, and you die by the sword – and Donald Trump is a heck of a sword,” said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

“I think it will hurt (Pence). The Republican Party is in horrible shape, horrible, and how they put the pieces back together with Humpty Dumpty fallen is beyond me. Pence thought he was well positioned for 2020. Look, he certainly will be in the mix, but obviously there will be anti-Trump candidates, probably plural, who will relive Pence’s pro-Trump fall. They are bound to.”
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 8 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #51

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Fiorina calls on RNC to replace Trump as nominee

Eddie Scarry

Former Republican presidential candidate and Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina called on the Republican National Committee to replace Donald Trump as the party's nominee.

In a statement posted Saturday on Facebook, Fiorina said Trump should be replaced at the top of the GOP ticket with his vice presidential nominee.

"Donald Trump does not represent me or my party," the statement said. "I understand the responsibility of Republicans to support their nominee. Our nominee has weighty responsibilities as well. Donald Trump has manifestly failed in these responsibilities... Today I ask Donald Trump to step aside and for the RNC to replace him with Gov. Mike Pence."

Trump found himself engulfed in controversy Friday when a 2005 video resurfaced showing him making vulgar comments about women.
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 10 2016, 08:26 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(diggler @ Oct 5 2016, 02:01 PM) *

IPB Image

For once I have to agree with Mr. OxyContin:

http://bit.ly/2dLqNkg

_

Looks like someone else might have taken this title.

Trump interrupts over 30 times in 90 minutes

+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 10 2016, 09:01 AM
Post #53

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Pence PRAISES Debater Trump, Squelches Talk of Quitting Ticket

Elizabeth Titus emtitus Steven T. Dennis

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump passed one of his most important tests of the second presidential debate Monday by getting full-throated support from running mate Mike Pence, who shut down talk of quitting the ticket despite his disapproval of Trump’s remarks about women.

“Donald Trump stepped up,” Pence said on Fox News. “He showed humility. He showed strength. He expressed genuine contrition for the words that he had used on the video,” unearthed Friday, that showed Trump in 2005 discussing women in graphic terms.

Pence’s reassurance of the ticket’s unity came after a weekend when some senior party members and donors actively stoked the idea of pushing aside Trump for Pence because of Trump’s remarks. That scenario is nearly impossible coming just one month before Election Day -- barring Trump quitting on his own.

Pence said he was “proud” of his running mate and, after an avalanche of Republican lawmakers’ defections, said he hoped others believe in “redemption” and “second chances” as much as he does.

Republican leaders who withdrew their support for Trump included 2008 nominee John McCain, a U.S. senator from Arizona. Many called for Pence, the governor of Indiana, to replace Trump at the top of the ticket, including No. 3 U.S. Senate Republican John Thune.

“I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them,” said Pence, a born-again Christian who’s served as a bridge between Trump and the Republican establishment, in a statement Saturday amid the party’s crisis.

Indicating he’d be watching Trump’s Sunday debate performance closely, Pence said in the statement, “I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night.”

Pence’s thumps-up alone doesn’t mean Trump has stopped the crisis in his campaign as many other Republicans have yet to weigh in. Trump’s aides have pledged to continue pushing his critique of former President Bill Clinton’s treatment of women, a topic most senior party leaders see as toxic -- and likely opening the door for Hillary Clinton to become president and endangering Republican seats in Congress.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell condemned Trump’s comments but haven’t revoked their endorsements.

Trump has mixed contrition and counterattacks, taking to Twitter to blast “self-righteous hypocrites” and reiterating in the debate that he apologizes for his comments. He called them “locker-room talk” and said he wasn’t proud of it. He denied that he’d sexually assaulted women -- a denial Pence said he accepted -- and sought to turn claims of mistreating women back on Bill Clinton and on the Democratic nominee.

In another split on the Republican ticket, Trump in the debate said he didn’t share Pence’s view that Russian provocations in Syria should “be met with American strength.”

“He and I haven’t spoken, and I disagree,” Trump said.

Pence accused Martha Raddatz, one of the moderators of Sunday’s debate, of having “mischaracterized” his own comments on Russia and Syria in the Oct. 4 vice-presidential debate, saying he was addressing the Aleppo humanitarian crisis, not the broader conflict in Syria.

“I didn’t begrudge him at all,” Pence said of Trump’s remark.

Pence was scheduled to campaign in North Carolina on Monday as Trump stumps in Pennsylvania. They trail the Democratic ticket by an average of 4.5 percentage points in national polls that also include third-party candidates, survey aggregator RealClearPolitics said.
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 10 2016, 12:47 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(diggler @ Oct 10 2016, 10:01 AM) *

IPB Image

Pence PRAISES Debater Trump, Squelches Talk of Quitting Ticket

Elizabeth Titus emtitus Steven T. Dennis

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump passed one of his most important tests of the second presidential debate Monday by getting full-throated support from running mate Mike Pence, who shut down talk of quitting the ticket despite his disapproval of Trump’s remarks about women.

“Donald Trump stepped up,” Pence said on Fox News. “He showed humility. He showed strength. He expressed genuine contrition for the words that he had used on the video,” unearthed Friday, that showed Trump in 2005 discussing women in graphic terms.

Pence’s reassurance of the ticket’s unity came after a weekend when some senior party members and donors actively stoked the idea of pushing aside Trump for Pence because of Trump’s remarks. That scenario is nearly impossible coming just one month before Election Day -- barring Trump quitting on his own.

Pence said he was “proud” of his running mate and, after an avalanche of Republican lawmakers’ defections, said he hoped others believe in “redemption” and “second chances” as much as he does.

Republican leaders who withdrew their support for Trump included 2008 nominee John McCain, a U.S. senator from Arizona. Many called for Pence, the governor of Indiana, to replace Trump at the top of the ticket, including No. 3 U.S. Senate Republican John Thune.

“I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them,” said Pence, a born-again Christian who’s served as a bridge between Trump and the Republican establishment, in a statement Saturday amid the party’s crisis.

Indicating he’d be watching Trump’s Sunday debate performance closely, Pence said in the statement, “I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night.”

Pence’s thumps-up alone doesn’t mean Trump has stopped the crisis in his campaign as many other Republicans have yet to weigh in. Trump’s aides have pledged to continue pushing his critique of former President Bill Clinton’s treatment of women, a topic most senior party leaders see as toxic -- and likely opening the door for Hillary Clinton to become president and endangering Republican seats in Congress.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell condemned Trump’s comments but haven’t revoked their endorsements.

Trump has mixed contrition and counterattacks, taking to Twitter to blast “self-righteous hypocrites” and reiterating in the debate that he apologizes for his comments. He called them “locker-room talk” and said he wasn’t proud of it. He denied that he’d sexually assaulted women -- a denial Pence said he accepted -- and sought to turn claims of mistreating women back on Bill Clinton and on the Democratic nominee.

In another split on the Republican ticket, Trump in the debate said he didn’t share Pence’s view that Russian provocations in Syria should “be met with American strength.”

“He and I haven’t spoken, and I disagree,” Trump said.

Pence accused Martha Raddatz, one of the moderators of Sunday’s debate, of having “mischaracterized” his own comments on Russia and Syria in the Oct. 4 vice-presidential debate, saying he was addressing the Aleppo humanitarian crisis, not the broader conflict in Syria.

“I didn’t begrudge him at all,” Pence said of Trump’s remark.

Pence was scheduled to campaign in North Carolina on Monday as Trump stumps in Pennsylvania. They trail the Democratic ticket by an average of 4.5 percentage points in national polls that also include third-party candidates, survey aggregator RealClearPolitics said.

I did a little review of past, losing Veep candidates - and...it doesn't look good.

see Losing Veeps lose big - see this list

Only FDR and Earl Warren, since 1856, have done anything after being on the losing side as the VP on the ticket. I am beginning to think Gov. Pence should quit. He will be ok since he's lived in Washington for decades and will get a big job there afterwards, but politically, this stuff might stick.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 10 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Indiana will vote Trump/Pence, Holcomb & Young. #Never Hillary. #Never Bayh the Lobbyist # Wilford Brimley lookalike.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 10 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #56

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I don't see how anyone can live with themselves defending either one of these candidates.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 11 2016, 07:16 AM
Post #57

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Trump will match Billary tit for tat with the bombshell scandals. Another Orlando or Sandy Bern, and the Trump Pence ticket IS IN. wink.gif

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 11 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #58

Really Comfortable

Pence 'disappointed' with Republicans abandoning Trump

By Nikita Vladimirov

Donald Trump's running mate Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Tuesday that he disagrees with Speaker Paul Ryan's decision to back away from Trump and is disappointed in the significant number of Republicans revoking their support.

In an interview with NBC News' Kelly O'Donnell, Pence said that “Paul Ryan is my friend but ... I respectfully disagree with his focus in this campaign.”
"Donald Trump and I couldn't be more grateful for the support that we're receiving from people all across this country, including Republican leaders," he added.

Ryan on Monday said that he would no longer defend the GOP nominee in light of Trump's lewd remarks about women in 2005.

When asked if he felt "let down" by the wave of harsh criticism coming from dozens of top GOP lawmakers, Pence replied that he felt "disappointed."

"Well, certainly we're disappointed. Donald Trump has sought to support Republican candidates in competitive primaries all year long. We're gonna continue to. I'm gonna support all of our Republican nominees all across the country because this election is just that important," he said.

Pence pointed specifically to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), stating that it was "very disappointing that after Donald Trump supported John McCain, that John McCain has chosen to withdraw his support."

Later in the interview, Trump's running mate lauded the Republican nominee for apologizing for his obscene statements about women.

"Donald Trump showed, both Friday night and then Sunday night, the kind of humility to admit that he'd been wrong," he said. "Apologized to his family and apologized to the American people and I'm someone who believes in forgiveness, believes in second chances as the overwhelming majority of American people do."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rKd3H_Nz7o

_
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 12 2016, 08:40 AM
Post #59

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Yeah, and I am disappointed with Trump and Pence, so screw them both.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 12 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 12 2016, 09:40 AM) *

Yeah, and I am disappointed with Trump and Pence, so screw them both.

I'm voting for Holcomb because he is Pence 2.0
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:05 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com