Ang
post Mar 7 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

http://www.michigancityin.com/articles/200...07/news/n11.txt

POLITICAL NOTEBOOK

On Sunday, March 11, City Council candidates incumbent Joe Doyle, D-at large, and candidates Bob McKee, at-large; Lynne Kaser, 1st Ward; Marc Espar, 2nd Ward; and Tom Thomas, 6th Ward, will host a fund-raiser brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Galveston Steakhouse.

Tickets are available from the candidates or at the door. Donation is $25 per person. This brunch is an opportunity to meet a number of candidates and enjoy brunch.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 7 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2

I know its early, but I am really hoping to see more chances to meet the candidates outside of paying to see them.
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Mar 7 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

yeah, i second that, southside.
+Quote Post
tonyd
post Mar 11 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Mar 7 2007, 12:53 PM) *

I know its early, but I am really hoping to see more chances to meet the candidates outside of paying to see them.
Southsider;
I have to agree with your opinion about attending all of the campaign brunches and pancake breakfast functions. There are very few opportunities where we have the chance to meet the candidates for free without having to declare our support before hand. Its sad to say that most elctions are won by who has the biggest war chest. But as you well know what it takes to run a campaign and the funds needed to get your name out there. Many of the candidates did have a meet and greet night when they announced there campaign for free. I know Marc Espar sent out invatations to all households in the second ward inviting them to attend his meet and greet. You have mentioned in a previous post that you live in the Second Ward, I would like to know if you recieved this invatation or not? I'm not questioning the fact wether you were there or not as I understand that we all have family and work schedules that dicatate our schedules. As soon as I have all the details for the firefighters FREE meet the candiates night I will update the message board. I hope you receive this message well as sometimes when posting responses and emailing we don't always know the tone of the message.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 13 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(tonyd @ Mar 11 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Southsider;
I have to agree with your opinion about attending all of the campaign brunches and pancake breakfast functions. There are very few opportunities where we have the chance to meet the candidates for free without having to declare our support before hand. Its sad to say that most elctions are won by who has the biggest war chest. But as you well know what it takes to run a campaign and the funds needed to get your name out there. Many of the candidates did have a meet and greet night when they announced there campaign for free. I know Marc Espar sent out invatations to all households in the second ward inviting them to attend his meet and greet. You have mentioned in a previous post that you live in the Second Ward, I would like to know if you recieved this invatation or not? I'm not questioning the fact wether you were there or not as I understand that we all have family and work schedules that dicatate our schedules. As soon as I have all the details for the firefighters FREE meet the candiates night I will update the message board. I hope you receive this message well as sometimes when posting responses and emailing we don't always know the tone of the message.

I did not receive one. I did move about a year and a half ago, and am still receiving some mail at the old address, but I did not see his invite. (both places are 2nd ward) I did attend both declaration announcements which I was invited to.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:59 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com