IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City Basketball, With Special Guest Star...
Johnny Rush
post Nov 18 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 72

You know how when some TV series have successful first seasons, they try to figure out how to boost ratings that much more...and they start importing the stars? Well, guess who we talked into doing a handful of games for us this year? This will be released to the media tommorrow morning.

to Broadcast Entire Michigan City Wolves Basketball Schedule

The season begins with a live broadcast from the Wolf Den as the Wolves host Michigan City Marquette on November 26th

radio has added citybythelake.org founder Michael Gresham to the broadcast team that was nominated for the Indiana Broadcaster Association’s Spectrum Award for excellence in Sports Broadcasting.

Michigan City, IN- November 19, 2008- Adam Parkhouse will, once again, join Matt Werkema or Michael Gresham in broadcasting the entire basketball schedule of the Michigan City Wolves live on AM The season begins with a broadcast starting at 7pm from the Wolf Den as the Wolves host Michigan City Marquette, andwill cover all of the games and provide interviews and highlights throughout the week.

The basketball broadcast will be produced and broadcast locally without the use of a third party. General Manager and morning personality Ric Federighi pointed out that "The listener feedback to the Michigan City football schedule was phenomenal, so we decided to do the same thing for basketball." He added "Focusing on one team, throughout the season, really lets the audience get to know the players and it really shines a light on the local student athletes, it’s your local team on your local station, ."

The sports broadcast team of Adam Parkhouse and Matt Werkema received a nomination from the Indiana Broadcasters Association for their football broadcasting last year. radio was honored to receive two Spectrum Awards from the Indiana Broadcasters Association, one for Community Involvement and one for “Mornings with Ric Federighi”. adio also offers live streaming of the games a so that friends and family of our local student athletes that have left the area can follow along all season long.
###

Signature Bar
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 18 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I am so excited to be on board, even if it is just for five games or so. Some of the greatest times in my life were as a broadcaster of Manchester boys High School, and Manchester College womens college, basketball. I am honored to be jumping behind the mic to call the shots for my hometown basketball team for the first time in my life. The only way it could mean more is if it were the Elston Red Devils taking the floor, but being a color guy for the Michigan City Wolves is a huge privilege! I can't wait for opening night against Marquette.
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Nov 18 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Ditto for me. Should be a lot of fun. I really enjoy broadcasting and majored in it for a while in college. So this helps me scratch an itch that was an irritant for a while. Football was a good time and we got a lot of positive feedback so hopefully basketball is as positive an experience.
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 18 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 546

I look forward to the coverage.

How does one purchase season tickets?

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Nov 18 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 18 2008, 04:00 PM) *

I look forward to the coverage.

How does one purchase season tickets?

The high school athletic department (873-2043) has them on sale during school hours.
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 18 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MC Born & Raised @ Nov 18 2008, 08:50 PM) *

The high school athletic department (873-2043) has them on sale during school hours.

Thanks! Will call tomorrow...

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 18 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Nov 18 2008, 03:00 PM) *

I am so excited to be on board, even if it is just for five games or so. Some of the greatest times in my life were as a broadcaster of Manchester boys High School, and Manchester College womens college, basketball. I am honored to be jumping behind the mic to call the shots for my hometown basketball team for the first time in my life. The only way it could mean more is if it were the Elston Red Devils taking the floor, but being a color guy for the Michigan City Wolves is a huge privilege! I can't wait for opening night against Marquette.

S'Sider, you'll be a fantastic addition to the team. Congrats! Can't wait to hear you on the air.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 19 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 18 2008, 08:51 PM) *

Thanks! Will call tomorrow...

Let me know what the cost is if you would be so kind!
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 19 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Nov 19 2008, 08:25 AM) *

Let me know what the cost is if you would be so kind!

Student Season Pass for all sports $25.00

Adult Season Pass for all winter sports $25.00

My youngest son (5 years old) is free smile.gif

There is a scrimmage tomorrow night (11/20/08) at 6:30PM. They may have a person selling season passes. I am waiting for confirmation from Debbie at the MCHS Athletic Office.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 19 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 19 2008, 01:29 PM) *

Student Season Pass for all sports $25.00

Adult Season Pass for all winter sports $25.00

My youngest son (5 years old) is free smile.gif

There is a scrimmage tomorrow night (11/20/08) at 6:30PM. They may have a person selling season passes. I am waiting for confirmation from Debbie at the MCHS Athletic Office.

Interesting. I may have to try to get out there after the kids go to bed and do a little scouting.
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 19 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Nov 19 2008, 02:33 PM) *

Interesting. I may have to try to get out there after the kids go to bed and do a little scouting.

Maybe I will see you there.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 21 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #12

Well I did go up and observe most of the scrimmage last night at the Wolf Den.

The first thing that really stands out is they are a small team. They are going to run a small line up of essentially 3 guards and 2 forwards out there. City lacks the classic big man, or even a big bruiser posing as a big man.

The guard play on the other hand is going to carry this team. Junior Adam Harmon looks to be the main PG, and is a calming influence on the team with the ball in his hands. He also has a quick first step to the basket and a nice jumper from 3 point range in. Junior guards Arias Clark and Bryan Allen got most of the rest of the playing time. With a true Freshman in Carlos McCormick and Sophomore Shereff Knight getting a lot of playing time in the scrimmage as well. I don't know how much McCormick and Knight will play this year, but both are explosive guys who look to need to bulk up a bit. They both make the future look bright in the backcourt.

The front line is going to be much more challenged in the DAC. Their center is mainstay senior Nathan Scully. He has a pretty nice post game and works the boards hard. Fellow senior Brandon Pawloski while the brawniest guy on the team, is more a perimeter player, looking to get his shots at the three point stripe off of the screen in the middle and pop to the arc. Senior Darrell Hopkins is the tallest player on the team at 6'6" but is still more a rangy forward, with nice hops around the basket. The front line is rounded out by Serior DaQuavay Sherrod, who looks to be manning the 3 spot when he is on the floor, junior Will Razor, and senior Darrell Hopkins and James Sanders, a sophomore.

With a real quick, and highly unscientific look at this squad last night in a scrimmage against Andrian that included some custom rules allowing the coaches the flexibility to run what was essentially a open practice, it looks to me like this City team is going to have to win with their guard play, and their quickness. At pretty much every position on the floor, the Wolves are going to have a speed and athleticism advantage, while having a size and strength disadvantage. They are going to have to win with pressure defense, hands in the passing lanes, three point shooting, and smart decision-making. Based off of the little bit I saw, I could see this squad being a 13-7 or 12-8 team, and making some long nights for rivals in the DAC.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 21 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 3

How is LP loooking? That is usually the Big Game of the season, and I hope this year repeats what happened last year.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 21 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #14

Not a clue. The only thing I saw was the scrimmage.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 21 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #15

Howsabout it , MCborn?

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 24 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #16

REMINDER! The opening game of the season is Wednesday nite! Yours truely and Adam Parkhouse will be on the call from the Wolves Den with a 7:30 pm tip off against Marquette. BE THERE!
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 24 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #17

I would be SHOCKED if there is any available seat in the gym Wednesday night.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 24 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 24 2008, 01:26 PM) *

Unless they do not open the top section of the arena anymore, there will be thousands of seats available.
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Nov 24 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 24 2008, 01:26 PM) *

Unfortunately, there will be PLENTY of available seats. As was already said,they barely open up the top anymore. The only time you'll see that gym filled is during regional.

As for LP, we'll see. They have some good athletes and have a chance to be pretty good. I've always thought they're among the best-coached teams in this or any other area, so that's always good for a few extra wins.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 24 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 10

This was my favorite time of year when I worked at MCHS!! SSder, you are going to have a blast! I'm so excited for you.

And if you run into Marsha who works with tickets (petite blonde with VERY blue eyes!) tell her Hello for me and to write.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com