post Aug 13 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=54219.11

Last Municipal Band concert of season set

From Staff Reports

MICHIGAN CITY - Michigan City Municipal Band will present its final free concert of the season at 8 p.m. Thursday at Washington Park's Guy F. Foreman Bicentennial Amphitheatre.

Appearing with the band is soprano Donna Mitchell, a choral and drama director for 30 years serving the New Prairie United School Corp. and La Porte Community Schools Corp. She is the choral director at New Prairie Middle School. She was the founder of the New Song Praise Choir at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Michigan City, where she is a member of its New Song Praise Choir, Hand Bell Choir and Senior Choir.

Mitchell will perform "Hello Young Lovers" from the musical "The King & I" and "Love Is Where You Find It" from the film "The Kissing Bandit." Both were arranged by Director Emeritus Guy Foreman.

Rick Carlson, principal trumpet of the band, will perform "A Trumpeter's Prayer" by Tutti Camarata and arranged by T.W. Swayzee.

The band, directed by Richard D'Arcangelis, will perform a variety of music, including: "Thunder and Blazes March," by Julius Fucik; "Light Calvary Overture," by F. von Suppe; "Italian Polka," by Sergei Rachmaninoff; "Music from O Brother, Where Art Thou," arranged by Michael Brown; "The Sound of Music," by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II; "Jump Swing Fever," arranged by John Wasson; "In Storm and Sunshine," by John Clifford Heed; and "The Star Spangled Banner," by Francis Scott Key and John S. Smith.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave
post Aug 14 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Adrienne and I went this evening, and there was a really good sized crowd. She estimated 1000 people, but I'd put it at closer to 600.

Too bad they don't do this all year round, but I suppose the band members have to spend some time making a living.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 14 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Thanks for posting this Dave. You guys really do a great job.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Aug 14 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:31 AM) *

Thanks for posting this Dave. You guys really do a great job.

Well, I would agree that the city band does a great job. Adrienne and I do an adequate job of being an audience. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Tom Burns
post Aug 14 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 827

QUOTE(Dave @ Aug 14 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Well, I would agree that the city band does a great job. Adrienne and I do an adequate job of being an audience. smile.gif

I have some video with audio we shot of the band, not currently on the WEFM You Tube site. If anyone wants to see this send me your e-mail address and I will forward it. I don't think it can be sent through Citybythelake, at least I do not know how.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:53 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com