> 2014-15 Wolves basketball thread
Southsider2k12
post Sep 15 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #21

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 15 2014, 02:22 PM) *

Road trips to Whitney Young and Indianapolis Tech sound like a lot of fun but I will pass on going to Detroit.

The Indy Tech game is on Sat Dec 13. I am seriously considering that one.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 23 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #22

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Here is the complete MCHS boys hoops schedule of the MCAS website. Team will be playing as part of the MLK Dream Classic at Whitney Young High School in Chicago on Sunday 1-18-15 which is surprising because IHSAA schools typically don't play on Sundays. I don't see anything about going to Detroit which I have no desire to attend.

Wednesday 11/26/2014 Home East Chicago Central High Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Saturday 11/29/2014 Home CONCORD Michigan City High School 6:15 PM
Saturday 12/6/2014 Home Gary West Side High Schoo Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Tuesday 12/9/2014 Away South Bend Riley High Sch South Bend Riley High Sch 7:00 PM TBA
Saturday 12/13/2014 Away Indianapolis Arsenal Tech Indianapolis Arsenal Tech 7:30 PM TBA
Friday 12/19/2014 Away Elkhart Central High School Elkhart Central High School 7:00 PM TBA
Saturday 12/20/2014 Home Gary Roosevelt High Schoo Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Saturday 1/3/2015 Away Penn High School Penn High School 4:00 PM TBA
Friday 1/9/2015 Away Crown Point High School Crown Point High School 7:30 PM TBA
Saturday 1/10/2015 Away Thea Bowman Leadership Academy Thea Bowman Leadership Academy 7:30 PM TBA
Friday 1/16/2015 Home Valparaiso High School Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Sunday 1/18/2015 Away MLK Dream Classic Whitney Young HS (IL) TBA TBA
Tuesday 1/20/2015 Home Munster High School Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Friday 1/23/2015 Home LaPorte High School Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Saturday 1/24/2015 Home South Bend Clay High Scho Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Friday 1/30/2015 Away Portage High School Portage High School 7:30 PM TBA
Saturday 1/31/2015 Home Hammond Bishop Noll High Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Friday 2/6/2015 Home Chesterton High School Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Saturday 2/7/2015 Away South Bend Adams High Sch South Bend Adams High Sch 7:00 PM TBA
Thursday 2/12/2015 Home Lake Central High School Michigan City High School 7:30 PM
Friday 2/20/2015 Away Merrillville High School Merrillville High School 7:30 PM TBA
Saturday 2/21/2015 Home South Bend Washington Hig Michigan City High School 5:30 PM
Tuesday 3/3/2015 Away SECTIONALS SECTIONALS TBA TBA
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 23 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #23

Really Comfortable

Michigan City High School would be in violation of IHSAA bylaws if the team plays in Chicago on Sunday.

9-13 No Sunday Athletic Participation
There shall be no interschool athletic Contests, school Practices or school sponsored clinics
held on Sunday. Calling One (1) or more team members together on Sunday for studying
scouting reports, viewing films of games, any kind of participation, etc. will be considered a
violation of this rule.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 23 2014, 08:53 PM) *

Michigan City High School would be in violation of IHSAA bylaws if the team plays in Chicago on Sunday.

9-13 No Sunday Athletic Participation
There shall be no interschool athletic Contests, school Practices or school sponsored clinics
held on Sunday. Calling One (1) or more team members together on Sunday for studying
scouting reports, viewing films of games, any kind of participation, etc. will be considered a
violation of this rule.

Unless they got a waiver.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 24 2014, 09:48 AM
Post #25

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 24 2014, 07:51 AM) *

Unless they got a waiver.
Hopefully that is the case. I don't want the program to get into any trouble or have to withdraw from getting to play in the tournament.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 24 2014, 10:48 AM) *

Hopefully that is the case. I don't want the program to get into any trouble or have to withdraw from getting to play in the tournament.

Got an update on this.

The shootout they will play in is either on a Saturday or Monday, but they don't know when they are playing yet. The guess is the AD just put Sunday as a placeholder on the schedule, but they won't play on Sunday for sure.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Oct 7 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #27

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 24 2014, 06:07 PM) *

Got an update on this.

The shootout they will play in is either on a Saturday or Monday, but they don't know when they are playing yet. The guess is the AD just put Sunday as a placeholder on the schedule, but they won't play on Sunday for sure.

Michigan City is playing in the Motor City Roundball Classic on December 26th in Haper Woods, MI.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 20 2014, 03:16 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

Here is the schedule. I am hoping for 13 or 14 wins. A DAC and Sectional title.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TeamSchedule.html ( 10.51k ) Number of downloads: 286
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 20 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Oct 20 2014, 04:16 PM) *

Here is the schedule. I am hoping for 13 or 14 wins. A DAC and Sectional title.

13 wins with that schedule would be really amazing. A DAC and sectional title are pretty realistic though. There isn't a lot of big talent in the DAC this year.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 20 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 20 2014, 07:40 PM) *

13 wins with that schedule would be really amazing. A DAC and sectional title are pretty realistic though. There isn't a lot of big talent in the DAC this year.

I hope you are right as it is about time to get the roundball out but let's step back and be realistic too. I can't recall the last sectional title the Wolves have won? Didn't the Wolves graduate their best player too? I'm sure they can have a solid team but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Didn't LP crush us in sectionals last year? I would have to think everyone thinks the conference is winnable not just MC. Any idea who the starting five will be and who do you replace Keenan with?

+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 20 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 20 2014, 08:31 PM) *

I hope you are right as it is about time to get the roundball out but let's step back and be rstrealistic too. I can't recall the last sectional title the Wolves have won? Didn't the Wolves graduate their best player too? I'm sure they can have a solid team but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Didn't LP crush us in sectionals last year? I would have to think everyone thinks the conference is winnable not just MC. Any idea who the starting five will be and who do you replace Keenan with?

LaPorte is going to be pretty bad this year. They will be lucky to win a conference game. Hemphill will be the go to guy this year.

The starting 5 might look like this.

Jaronde Boyd
Troy Jones
Shanquan Hemphill
Brad Pawloski
Shayne Barron

+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 20 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

So we should expect more 48-42 type games this season as well. Is anyone else sick of seeing games where a team scores 8 points in a quarter? It would be one thing if it was great "D" but it is move the ball around the perimeter and fire up a 3. Are any of the boys from MC going to be able to play in the paint? As much as I see those kids running from the High School to Wal-Mart they should be able to run for 32 minutes and put up 80 to 90 points every night. What am I missing? Is it that the suburban schools with their "un-natural competition" are taking us out of our game?
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Oct 21 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #33

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Oct 20 2014, 08:04 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 20 2014, 08:31 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I hope you are right as it is about time to get the roundball out but let's step back and be rstrealistic too. I can't recall the last sectional title the Wolves have won? Didn't the Wolves graduate their best player too? I'm sure they can have a solid team but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Didn't LP crush us in sectionals last year? I would have to think everyone thinks the conference is winnable not just MC. Any idea who the starting five will be and who do you replace Keenan with?
LaPorte is going to be pretty bad this year. They will be lucky to win a conference game. Hemphill will be the go to guy this year.

The starting 5 might look like this.

Jaronde Boyd
Troy Jones
Shanquan Hemphill
Brad Pawloski
Shayne Barron

LaPorte lost every key player to their sectional championship team. I see Michigan City at the top of the conference this year, but their non conference schedule is what is going to be tough this year. They did lose Keenan Simmons as their top player, but I also know that they looked to him too much down the stretch of the season when other teams were keying in on him. If we can get a balanced attack from starters and bench players, and not look to one guy to do all the scoring then I think Michigan City will compete at the top of the conference. I do believe there will be a lack of a post presence, but I don't see any team in the conference with strong post presence besides Crown Point.
I still think the point guard position is a key problem because Boyd is not a floor facilitator. I do hope Michael Miller does a good job and Coach has no other option to playing him, so his son isn't on the floor jacking up ill-advised 3 pointers and driving into the lane and throwing up a shot.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2014, 08:14 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 20 2014, 08:31 PM) *

I hope you are right as it is about time to get the roundball out but let's step back and be realistic too. I can't recall the last sectional title the Wolves have won? Didn't the Wolves graduate their best player too? I'm sure they can have a solid team but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Didn't LP crush us in sectionals last year? I would have to think everyone thinks the conference is winnable not just MC. Any idea who the starting five will be and who do you replace Keenan with?

Keenan Simmons is gone, that is true.

The great news is this team has a ton of talent coming back. The freshman class we had last year was one of the best in the entire state of Indiana. Add to that Hemphill, Barron, Crawford, and Pawloski, and you have a really good HS basketball team. It isn't one that is going to win state, but in a year where the DAC graduated almost all of its top players, it is a year we can make a case for being the best in Sectional 2 and the DAC.

LaPorte and Lake Central both graduated everyone who was any good. LP is going to be terrible this year. They will challenge Portage for last place.

The top teams to look out for are Crown Point, who returns as much, or maybe a bit more talent than MC, but has never been able to play well together, Merrillville who is pretty well reloaded, and Valpo who has a level less talent, and is pretty young, but it always dangerous.

Chesterton returns the top player in the DAC in one Chris Palembizio, but the kid is what we call in baseball a million dollar arm, and a 10 cent head. They also graduated everyone else good on that team.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 20 2014, 09:25 PM) *

So we should expect more 48-42 type games this season as well. Is anyone else sick of seeing games where a team scores 8 points in a quarter? It would be one thing if it was great "D" but it is move the ball around the perimeter and fire up a 3. Are any of the boys from MC going to be able to play in the paint? As much as I see those kids running from the High School to Wal-Mart they should be able to run for 32 minutes and put up 80 to 90 points every night. What am I missing? Is it that the suburban schools with their "un-natural competition" are taking us out of our game?

This is going to be a team that can shoot and run. I think we saw a lot of waiting around for Keenan to take over the game, as the young kids actually deferred to him too much. Hemphill alone has the potential to average 20 a night. There isn't a defender in the DAC who will be able to stop him from going to the rim if he decides to do so.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(MCwolves @ Oct 21 2014, 08:54 AM) *

LaPorte lost every key player to their sectional championship team. I see Michigan City at the top of the conference this year, but their non conference schedule is what is going to be tough this year. They did lose Keenan Simmons as their top player, but I also know that they looked to him too much down the stretch of the season when other teams were keying in on him. If we can get a balanced attack from starters and bench players, and not look to one guy to do all the scoring then I think Michigan City will compete at the top of the conference. I do believe there will be a lack of a post presence, but I don't see any team in the conference with strong post presence besides Crown Point.
I still think the point guard position is a key problem because Boyd is not a floor facilitator. I do hope Michael Miller does a good job and Coach has no other option to playing him, so his son isn't on the floor jacking up ill-advised 3 pointers and driving into the lane and throwing up a shot.

I can't believe I forgot about Miller. The kid is a great floor general and leader. He is the teams X factor this year.

Here is my starting 5.

Boyd
Jones
Miller
Barron
Hemphill

Next 5
Pawloski
Crawford
Stewart
Smallwood
Games

The great thing is there are still a couple of other kids off of the JV team would could steal a spot on that bench if other guys aren't ready to go.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Oct 21 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #37

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 21 2014, 08:20 AM) *

I can't believe I forgot about Miller. The kid is a great floor general and leader. He is the teams X factor this year.

Here is my starting 5.

Boyd
Jones
Miller
Barron
Hemphill

Next 5
Pawloski
Crawford
Stewart
Smallwood
Games

The great thing is there are still a couple of other kids off of the JV team would could steal a spot on that bench if other guys aren't ready to go.

I can see Pawloski taking over more of a scoring role as long as he can stay consistent, and take the ball to the hole and balance his scoring attack. I also think that Jones will be an important factor as the key defender for the oppositions best player.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(MCwolves @ Oct 21 2014, 09:36 AM) *

I can see Pawloski taking over more of a scoring role as long as he can stay consistent, and take the ball to the hole and balance his scoring attack. I also think that Jones will be an important factor as the key defender for the oppositions best player.

Brad made a nice leap last year. If anything happens to the starting line up, he is the next guy in. Troy Jones is the teams most talented player after Hemphill. I think Troy could end up as a PG on the next level if he keeps improving from year to year.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Oct 21 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #39

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 21 2014, 08:45 AM) *

Brad made a nice leap last year. If anything happens to the starting line up, he is the next guy in. Troy Jones is the teams most talented player after Hemphill. I think Troy could end up as a PG on the next level if he keeps improving from year to year.

I could see Jones doing that as well. I also think that Crawford and Smallwood should see quite a bit of playing time being rebounding factors. I believe that Barron will be in the paint more this year with the absence of Simmons.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 21 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(MCwolves @ Oct 21 2014, 10:05 AM) *

I could see Jones doing that as well. I also think that Crawford and Smallwood should see quite a bit of playing time being rebounding factors. I believe that Barron will be in the paint more this year with the absence of Simmons.

If Smallwood and Crawford show up ready to go, there are big man minutes to be had. I think we will see Barron run more post time too, as this team is loaded in the back court.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com