Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unfinished "Ice Cream Parlor" Building On the Verge of Being Demolished
taxthedeer
post Jul 11 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

I watched the M.C. board of works meeting from July 7th on channel 97. The owner of the unfinished "Ice Cream Parlor" building across from Matey's was given 10 days to begin completion of the building or else have it demolished.

I got a good chuckle when the woman who owns the building asked the board's legal counsel who is soon to be county prosecutor John Espar if he has ever seen the building and Espar replied, "All of Michigan City has seen the building in it's unfinished state."

I drove by the building this afternoon and it is safe to say that the building is on the verge of meeting with the bulldozer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 12 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Good. It has been the better part of a decade. Then they can get to demolishing the rest of the decaying buildings that needed to come down years ago.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 24 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Owners/builders got another 15 day extension to work on the building. I guess windows and other supplies have been ordered and will be installed soon.

Apparently there is a prospective tenant as well it has gone from being an ice creme parlor to an Italian Bistro to a place called Tommy B's Steakhouse. They have two locations in Valpo and Hobart and is operated by former Hammond mayor and former WIMS radio station owner Thomas McDermott Sr.

Looks like some good competition for Galveston Steakhouse which is one of my five star restaurants in M.C.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:41 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com