IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CBTL How long will Karpinski stay poll?, New head varsity football coach of the Michigan City Wolves
How long will Karpinski stay?
How many seasons do you think Michael Karpinski will be the head varsity football coach of the Michigan City Wolves?
1 season [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 seasons [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 seasons [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
4 seasons [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
5 seasons [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
more than 5 seasons [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Until his retirement [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
taxthedeer
post Jun 17 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

I say it will be five seasons. Going to bolt after his youngest son graduates.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 17 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I am going over 5. You don't buy a house in this market if you plan on staying short term. Just ask Buzea and Schreiber.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Jun 18 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,114

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jun 17 2011, 11:57 AM) *

I am going over 5. You don't buy a house in this market if you plan on staying short term. Just ask Buzea and Schreiber.

You know if he buys a house he will have to stay 2 years or he will lose to much on the investment. We don't know if his boys even play football but it would be unusual if they didn't. He is much closer to his parents but that may also come into play as they age. Of course maybe they would come back this way again to be closer to their son. Who knows--at this point I don't think the coach even knows...take one day at a time. Let's make him want to stay--just like we have obviously stayed. It is all what you make of it. He did make the remark to the boys that his wife said to make a choice that would be for the long haul because she wasn't moving every other year--this is not a quote but my son's interpretation of the talk he gave to the kids. Which is nice to hear because these kids need some stability too (ours and the coaches).
+Quote Post
wayne
post Jun 19 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 998

He will stay as long as MC will have him. Lets be honest, he is only here because he needs a job. he was unemployed. Desparate times brings desparate measures. Do you really think he would come to MC if he still had his job in Indy? If you think so, you are a fool. Wheres he going to go? Its not like he is a hot commodity with his experience and winning percentage. He will leave when the great MC Fans run him out of town for not winning. By the way, I heard his sons are not football players, so that is not even a positive.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Jun 19 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(wayne @ Jun 19 2011, 10:26 AM) *

He will stay as long as MC will have him. Lets be honest, he is only here because he needs a job. he was unemployed. Desparate times brings desparate measures. Do you really think he would come to MC if he still had his job in Indy? If you think so, you are a fool. Wheres he going to go? Its not like he is a hot commodity with his experience and winning percentage. He will leave when the great MC Fans run him out of town for not winning. By the way, I heard his sons are not football players, so that is not even a positive.

Wow Wayne you sure are a glass half empty kind of person! First off he did have a job in Indy! He was Riffed, and asked back the next day read the articles again. He chose not to stay, Just like their basketball coach, who left and went to Ben Davis. Please don't make it out as this was his only option because from the article it wasn't. Talking about experience I like what he brings. One he was an assitant coach at Indianapolis Univ. An assistant and a head coach at a big 5A school in Indy againt tough teams(no weak sisters of the poor in his division. And what in the world do his sons have to do with it? Each child is their own person. They may have other interests. What it does tell me without knowing him, is that he lets his kids be their own person without forcing them to play or do something just because he did or because he has an interest in it. I would say that is what a large problem with parents and sports is today, parents reliving their life through their kids. Let them do what they are comfortable with and watch them mature because of THEIR passion for what They are doing.

Give him a chance without judgement. I hope he proves everyone wrong and stays till retirement.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Jun 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(backwoods @ Jun 19 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Wow Wayne you sure are a glass half empty kind of person! First off he did have a job in Indy! He was Riffed, and asked back the next day read the articles again. He chose not to stay, Just like their basketball coach, who left and went to Ben Davis. Please don't make it out as this was his only option because from the article it wasn't. Talking about experience I like what he brings. One he was an assitant coach at Indianapolis Univ. An assistant and a head coach at a big 5A school in Indy againt tough teams(no weak sisters of the poor in his division. And what in the world do his sons have to do with it? Each child is their own person. They may have other interests. What it does tell me without knowing him, is that he lets his kids be their own person without forcing them to play or do something just because he did or because he has an interest in it. I would say that is what a large problem with parents and sports is today, parents reliving their life through their kids. Let them do what they are comfortable with and watch them mature because of THEIR passion for what They are doing.

Give him a chance without judgement. I hope he proves everyone wrong and stays till retirement.

I agree with you. I'm sorry but he needed a job and we needed a coach. He was not forced to come and we were not forced to hire. Why don't we call it fate and make it the best that it can be. I honestly think this might be a great opportunity for us. Give the coach a chance to prove himself--sit back and watch you might be amazed.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 19 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(wayne @ Jun 19 2011, 10:26 AM) *

That's not true at all. He was offered his job back as football coach with a bump down to middle school PE teacher. If he really wanted to stay, he could have. This was also not the only interview he had. I know you pointed out the 7-13 record, but again, Buzea was 6-14 his first two years here. I don't think anyone was ready to run him out of town.

I'm not quite sure why you are so bitter about this hire, but it sounds personal almost. Everyone I have talked to is really excited about this, including the kids on the team, which is the most important thing of all.
+Quote Post
Fancy Nancy
post Jun 23 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,120

biggrin.gif
QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Jun 19 2011, 06:41 PM) *

I agree with you. I'm sorry but he needed a job and we needed a coach. He was not forced to come and we were not forced to hire. Why don't we call it fate and make it the best that it can be. I honestly think this might be a great opportunity for us. Give the coach a chance to prove himself--sit back and watch you might be amazed.

I agree, M.C. needs tons ofpositive support win or lose!
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Jun 23 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Fancy Nancy @ Jun 23 2011, 12:34 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Welcome !!! I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for you to join. We make a good team and maybe we can help get things changed.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 24 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Fancy Nancy @ Jun 23 2011, 12:34 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Welcome to the site!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 24 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 10

Welcome Fancy Nancy--love the moniker!!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jun 28 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

Was nice to drive by Ames Field yesterday and see the team spending their summer vacation practicing football in full gear. Only one month until Pop Warner starts up again too...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 9 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

According to this article the elder coach Bill Karpinski from Elston and Rogers will be coming from Michigan and joining his son's coaching staff and serve as the teams offensive coordinator.

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/columnists/...04855d736f.html

STEVE HANLON: Michigan City football gets a blast from the past
Story
Discussion
By Steve Hanlon Prep Beat | Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 10:00 pm | No Comments Posted
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Michael Karpinski returned to Michigan City recently and remembered three things: the house at the bottom of the hill, the railroad tracks and the park he used to play at when he was 4.
Michigan City was his home because his father, Bill Karpinski, coached football at Rogers and Elston high schools in the 1960s and '70s.
"My dad told me he never would've left if they didn't split into two high schools," said Michael, who was born in Michigan City in 1968.
The younger Karpinski returned two weeks ago to take over the Wolves' football program. He replaces Eric Schreiber, who left after a 1-9 season to take over at Hammond High.
Michigan City athletic director Bob "Bear" Falls played football for Karpinski's father.
After playing high school football in Michigan and playing quarterback in the state's all-star game, Karpinski played college ball at Hillsdale College. He later coached at the University of Indianapolis for six years.
Karpinski spent the last 10 years at Franklin Central on the south side of Indy. He was 3-7 last year and 7-13 in his two seasons there as head coach.
A severe budget cut put many coaches and teachers on the chopping block at Franklin Central. When a referendum failed, Karpinski turned in his resignation.
Two weeks later, the school administration told him he had his job back, but Karpinski said no.
"I was too excited about what was going on at Michigan City," he said.
And to make the home-sweet-home story even sweeter, Bill Karpinski will make an hour-long drive this fall to be his son's offensive coordinator.
Let's be honest. We've all seen the Wolves on the gridiron in recent years, and except for 2009 -- when Craig Buzea's Wolves went 6-4 and competed with the best teams in the Duneland Athletic Conference -- there hasn't been much to celebrate.
Everyone wanted to schedule Michigan City for their homecoming game, but Karpinski expects that to change. In fact, he is demanding it.
"We have tough kids with a lot of talent," he said. "More than anything else, we want to be fundamentally sound. We want to be physical and run the football. We'll throw it when we need to.
"I believe in blocking and tackling. You can have the most elaborate offenses and defenses in the world, but if you can't block someone or tackle, it won't mean a thing. That is what I believe in."
Since Karpinski is the Wolves' third coach in three years, he's taken a few media hits about whether or not he really plan on staying. But the park, house on a hill and railroad tracks were around the home he remembers as a 4-year-old.
He and Falls plan on looking at some of the articles questioning his longevity as the Top Wolf.
"I told Bear that in 10 years, we'll pick up that article and laugh about it," Karpinski said. "I plan on making a future here. This is my home."
This column solely represents the writer's opinion. Reach him at steve.hanlon@nwi.com.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 11 2011, 07:51 AM
Post #14

That is a great write up. I really, really like that Karp is starting from the ground up with the guys, and making no assumptions. This was a team that did many of the very basic football things wrong last year. Cleaning those things up will make a world of difference. Last years team was not a 1-9 team talent-wise. They weren't a top team by any stretch, but a team that should have won 3 or 4 games for sure.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Jul 11 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jul 11 2011, 08:51 AM) *

That is a great write up. I really, really like that Karp is starting from the ground up with the guys, and making no assumptions. This was a team that did many of the very basic football things wrong last year. Cleaning those things up will make a world of difference. Last years team was not a 1-9 team talent-wise. They weren't a top team by any stretch, but a team that should have won 3 or 4 games for sure.

I agree that this was a very nice write up for the coach. He is very family oriented. Once you meet him, you get that feeling like you have known him forever, and it is genuine. We are fortunate to have the coach and his family join our community. A warm welcome to the Karpinski family !!!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 11 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Jul 11 2011, 10:10 PM) *

I agree that this was a very nice write up for the coach. He is very family oriented. Once you meet him, you get that feeling like you have known him forever, and it is genuine. We are fortunate to have the coach and his family join our community. A warm welcome to the Karpinski family !!!

I am going to try to grab a CBTL interview at the Hall of Fame golf outing in a couple of weeks.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Jul 11 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jul 11 2011, 10:16 PM) *

I am going to try to grab a CBTL interview at the Hall of Fame golf outing in a couple of weeks.

Great ! I know he has a lot of plans for the players to volunteer time giving back and assisting the community during off season. I'll let him share those with you. I think it will be good for the kids and the community. The kids need structure and that is what they are going to get. I like what I am hearing and he is just not coaching football, but helping these kids with proper character building measures that can make them responsible adults. Better yet, the kids seem to really respond and still having fun doing it. The sun is shining in the "City". GO WOLVES !!!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 12 2011, 06:50 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(MSFOOTBALL @ Jul 11 2011, 10:31 PM) *

Great ! I know he has a lot of plans for the players to volunteer time giving back and assisting the community during off season. I'll let him share those with you. I think it will be good for the kids and the community. The kids need structure and that is what they are going to get. I like what I am hearing and he is just not coaching football, but helping these kids with proper character building measures that can make them responsible adults. Better yet, the kids seem to really respond and still having fun doing it. The sun is shining in the "City". GO WOLVES !!!

This is the same thing Boyd has really tried to do in basketball as well. Some of these kids unfortunately can really use that fatherfigure.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Nov 3 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #19

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jun 17 2011, 10:53 AM) *

I say it will be five seasons. Going to bolt after his youngest son graduates.

Looks like I predicted it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:24 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com