Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boyd Asked to Leave
Jesse B
post May 20 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

So Pissed off Parent may have known some truths.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post May 21 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #22

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ May 20 2014, 08:39 AM) *

Apparently there is a school board member out there telling people that Boyd has not be retained for next year, and the rumor about a graduated female student is true, which is the reason why.

I love that our idiot school board sets us up for lawsuits, on top of not being able to manage our school system worth a damn.

Do you mind sharing the school board member's name? Or are you unaware of who exactly it is?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 21 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #23

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(MCwolves @ May 21 2014, 12:36 PM) *

Do you mind sharing the school board member's name? Or are you unaware of who exactly it is?

I am not aware of who exactly it is. The person who told me, wouldn't give up the name.

The story is this person was out playing golf with the spouse of a school board member, who told their golf partner (the person I talked to) the story of Boyd's non-renewal. Using logic, I would say that we are talking about a female board member, because the person I was talking to was also a male, and probably was playing golf with another male. I will let you guys guess based on the same info I have.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post May 21 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #24

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ May 21 2014, 11:58 AM) *

I am not aware of who exactly it is. The person who told me, wouldn't give up the name.

The story is this person was out playing golf with the spouse of a school board member, who told their golf partner (the person I talked to) the story of Boyd's non-renewal. Using logic, I would say that we are talking about a female board member, because the person I was talking to was also a male, and probably was playing golf with another male. I will let you guys guess based on the same info I have.

I would assume the male playing golf was a former Michigan City basketball coach, so I think I got it.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 4 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #25

Boyd is still doing the signing ceremonies for his basketball players, which is a pretty strange thing to do if they are really running him out of town.

www.heraldargus.com/sports/michigan-city-s-daurer-signs-with-albion-college/article_f5b6345c-eba1-11e3-943e-0019bb2963f4.html
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Jun 5 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 964

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jun 4 2014, 03:33 PM) *

Boyd is still doing the signing ceremonies for his basketball players, which is a pretty strange thing to do if they are really running him out of town.

www.heraldargus.com/sports/michigan-city-s-daurer-signs-with-albion-college/article_f5b6345c-eba1-11e3-943e-0019bb2963f4.html

Coach Bennie Edwards was on the golf course...he has inside information from his wife, Theresa Edwards, who is on the School Board. What's going to happen is that MCAS will be facing a lawsuit and not by a pissed off parent. Where is the proof in any of these allegations? There is none. As far as illegal recruiting and other offenses, the ISHAA has cleared Boyd of any wrongdoing in regards to recruiting. So put up or shut up is what I say......
+Quote Post
Grammy515
post Jun 5 2014, 02:41 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 964

QUOTE(Jesse B @ May 20 2014, 03:15 PM) *

So Pissed off Parent may have known some truths.

Pissed off Parent doesn't have any truths. HE wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the nose. What he is - is a menace to Michigan City. Always has been, always will be......that is the truth.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 8 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #28

Rumor is that Boyd is on the docket for renewal at Tuesday's school board meeting.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 10 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jun 8 2014, 10:42 AM) *

Rumor is that Boyd is on the docket for renewal at Tuesday's school board meeting.

This is verified. He is on the agenda for tonight's board meeting for a renewal of his administrative position.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Jun 17 2014, 09:48 AM
Post #30

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jun 10 2014, 11:16 AM) *

This is verified. He is on the agenda for tonight's board meeting for a renewal of his administrative position.

Has a decision been made?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 17 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(MCwolves @ Jun 17 2014, 10:48 AM) *

Has a decision been made?

I didn't go the meeting, but judging by the lack of headlines, I would guess he has been approved. I've sure not seen anyone say otherwise.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Jun 18 2014, 08:44 AM
Post #32

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jun 17 2014, 11:28 AM) *

I didn't go the meeting, but judging by the lack of headlines, I would guess he has been approved. I've sure not seen anyone say otherwise.

The team has been traveling and he is still coaching, so I would say that he still has his job. That's a good thing for the basketball program.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 18 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(MCwolves @ Jun 18 2014, 09:44 AM) *

The team has been traveling and he is still coaching, so I would say that he still has his job. That's a good thing for the basketball program.

The program has had its best five year run since Falls first took over after consolidation, so I would agree for sure. I think Boyd can be beat in the X's and O's, but I really feel he reaches these kids better than any coach I have seen for generations. They play really hard for him, they graduate, and they go to college.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 18 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 10

So, I'm just now getting into this. The only thing I want to add is that it is impossible for a coach to change a players grades. For one, grades are entered in the system by the appropriate teachers, and only those teachers can access their students grades for the classes they teach. Additionally, MCHS has a very fine group of teachers who are honest and have integrity. I can't think of one person there who would change a student's grade simply because the Coach asked them to. I'm sure stuff like that happened 30-40 years ago. But times are different now and teachers don't do that anymore. And having worked in the position to check academic eligibility, I can say that with the utmost accuracy.
I agree that Pissed off Parent's kid probably either didn't make the team, or was cut for some reason. Thus, the "pissed off" part. But, I met John Boyd when he was still coaching at Gary West Side and he is an amazing person. He has a lot of class and intelligence. I was happy when MCHS managed to get him as Head Coach, and I am happy today to learn he has been retained.
Pissed Off Parent has set themself for a potential lawsuit with the unfounded allegations, and the only thing smart they did was to delete their original posts. Unfortunately, they were copied into others' posts upon replying....Nothing you can do to get rid of that.
So, Pissed off Parent, cross your fingers that John Boyd doesn't see what you had to say and decide to take action against you. And if you think he can't find out who you are, as an Admin on this board, I can assure you that's not hard to do. Especially if we are given a subpeona for your IP address. We will have no choice but to comply with a court order.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:43 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com