Southsider2k12
post Jul 12 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=32133.41

McFarland Taking Over Alma Mater
Board also approves Tsugawa as boys tennis coach.

Jesse K. Cox
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - Former Michigan City volleyball standout Sarah McFarland will take over the volleyball program this fall.

She was voted in without comment during Tuesday night's Michigan City Area Schools board meeting along with Mike Tsugawa, City's new boys tennis coach.

Athletic Director Bob "Bear" Falls withheld comment until today's press conference, which is at 9 a.m. at the school's Heritage Hall.

McFarland, a 1996 MCHS graduate and member of the school's only state championship volleyball team, has been an assistant coach at Idaho and Baylor. She replaces Vera Jones, who resigned last month.

McFarland ended a decorated collegiate career at Loyola Marymount in 2000 with five NCAA national records: the most in history.

Tsugawa's appointment takes pressure off Norm Bruemmer, who will only coach the girls next season. Tsugawa has served as Bruemmer's assistant since 2002.

"I think it's an outstanding choice," Bruemmer said Tuesday in a phone interview with The N-D. "When I stepped out, I wanted someone to continue with the progress we made. I think we've got a great guy here that works real well with the kids."

Contact sports writer Jesse K. Cox at jcox@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 577.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 12 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

seems like a great choice

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 12 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

Is there a middle section to that story that's missing? It goes from talking about Sarah McFarland to Bruemmer. Makes no sense.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
mcstumper
post Jul 13 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

She's tall.

Signature Bar
Put simply, mean reversion is a bitch. -Vitaliy Katsenelson
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 13 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 12 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Is there a middle section to that story that's missing? It goes from talking about Sarah McFarland to Bruemmer. Makes no sense.

I am curious what happened to Vera Jones? Anyone heard anything?
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 13 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10

When I was home I visited with my friend Marsha Havlin. She was my assistant Ticket Manager and still helps out with athletics. She told me that Vera chose to give up her coaching position because she wants an administrative job. She is seeking employment as an AD any where, or may try to get in at the Admin Bldg at MCAS. Her main goal is to be an AD and you can't coach and be an AD. I guess that interim position wetted her appetite. That is off the record, of course. But, I believe Marsha is on to something and knowing Vera, I think that is exactly what she wants.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 13 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3

In the ND it said that she was looking a a career-change position, so that sounds right.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:29 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com