IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Benny's on Highway 12 hosted Red Cross fundraiser, Red Cross of LaPorte Co fundraiser night
IndyTransplant
post Feb 1 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Edgeywood, Michelle and I along with our better halves and friends attended the La Porte County Red Cross Trivia Night Fundraiser at Benny's last night. It was a packed house and I believe it was quite a success for the Red Cross. We used CBTL as our team name and although we did not win, we did come in 4th and I believe none of you would have been shamed by our better than usual trivia performance. Benny's provided prizes plus a very nice layout of free hors d'oeuvres. Benny's is obviously community minded and although they were a bit short of help, the night went well and the food and drink were delicious. They will be repeating this fundraiser toward the end of March, again at Benny's. Perhaps we can get a couple of teams together for that one.

BTW, Benny's hosts a regular trivia night on Thursdays, so if any of you are in a trivial mood, let us know and we will join up to attend a few of those.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tim
post Feb 1 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

How is Benny's these days? Haven't been there since the Dompke era - like a million years ago.
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Feb 2 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Tim @ Feb 1 2010, 08:51 PM) *

How is Benny's these days? Haven't been there since the Dompke era - like a million years ago.

I've always enjoyed Benny's, but recently they added a traditional Chicago-style deep dish pizza. I'm here to tell you, for my money, there's no better pizza in MC than that deep dish. I say that as an unabashed fan of Albano's, but that Benny's deep dish is special. My mouth's watering just thinking about it.
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Feb 4 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thursday 2/4/2010 - We are heading back out there tonight (to Benny's) for some dinner and trivia. Trivia starts at eight, I believe. Anyone looking for something to do, come join us. We could use a few more brains. tongue.gif

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
+Quote Post
dusk
post Feb 4 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 979

QUOTE(MC Born & Raised @ Feb 2 2010, 03:02 AM) *

I've always enjoyed Benny's, but recently they added a traditional Chicago-style deep dish pizza. I'm here to tell you, for my money, there's no better pizza in MC than that deep dish. I say that as an unabashed fan of Albano's, but that Benny's deep dish is special. My mouth's watering just thinking about it.

We tried the deep dish tonight due to your mentioning it here....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent.

Signature Bar
I don't know how I wound up here, but I'm increasingly glad I did.
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Feb 5 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dusk @ Feb 4 2010, 09:05 PM) *

We tried the deep dish tonight due to your mentioning it here....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent.

We were also at Benny's last night for dinner and the trivia. Dinner was very good. We went with the lake perch and ribeye. Edgeywood tried the onion ring appetizers- all good. We will try the pizza next time.
BTW, if you were there during the trivia, we could have used a little help - team CBTL. We did come in third place though. Join us next time......or were we competing against you?

Signature Bar

+Quote Post
dusk
post Feb 5 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 979

QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Feb 5 2010, 06:35 AM) *

We were also at Benny's last night for dinner and the trivia. Dinner was very good. We went with the lake perch and ribeye. Edgeywood tried the onion ring appetizers- all good. We will try the pizza next time.
BTW, if you were there during the trivia, we could have used a little help - team CBTL. We did come in third place though. Join us next time......or were we competing against you?

I was a carryout customer. Was this competition at the bar, or....?

Signature Bar
I don't know how I wound up here, but I'm increasingly glad I did.
+Quote Post
edgeywood
post Feb 5 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 330

QUOTE(dusk @ Feb 5 2010, 08:22 AM) *

I was a carryout customer. Was this competition at the bar, or....?

We sat in the bar, but I believe there were participants in the dining room, also.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:07 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com