post Jul 9 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://heraldargus.com/articles/2012/07/06...4d883273655.txt

Dempsey named ALCO director

Published: Friday, July 6, 2012 5:02 PM CDT
MICHIGAN CITY - The board of directors of Access La Porte County has announced the appointment of Mike Dempsey as their new Director of Operations. Access La Porte County (ALCO) is a not-for-profit organization and oversees the operation of Comcast Cable channel 97 and Public Access channel 99.

Dempsey, 55, is a native of Michigan City and has owned and managed many businesses. He is President of Michigan City Live Productions, Inc. and has been involved in internet marketing since 1999. He also has eight years of broadcasting experience with WEFM radio.

For the past seven years, he has been involved with engineering sports programming at WEFM in conjunction with the NFL Network, NCAA, Learfield Sports, Notre Dame Sports Network and Regional Radio Sports.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge of injecting some new energy and new ideas into ALCO broadcasting," Dempsey said. "I will institute a 24-month plan of replacing all of the vital broadcast equipment at ALCO, since many of the components are now outdated. Revenue is always the main challenge and I plan to ask the help of our corporate citizens in La Porte County to help us maintain and advance the broadcast facilities in our studios. We have a very valuable county-wide communication tool in ALCO and it needs to be nurtured."

One of Dempsey's first decisions as director was to bring in long time friend and "WLS Radio Legend" John "Records" Landecker, a native of Michigan City to co-host the annual Summer Festival Parade with Don Decker.

"Every time I call on John to help with some not-for-profit organizations, he never turns me down. John and Don did a fantastic job and I encourage everyone to watch the parade again on channel 97 this summer," said Dempsey.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:13 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com