post Aug 24 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.wbiw.com/state/archives/2012/08..._to_highest.php

Man Sells Forehead To Highest Bidder
Last updated on Friday, August 24, 2012

(MICHIGAN CITY) - A Northwest Indiana man is really using his head to generate some cash.

EBay user kamronking, who identifies himself as a professional wrestler from Michigan City, plans to give his forehead to the highest bidder.

He's auctioning off his forehead -- or as he calls it, his "5" wide by 2" cranial billboard" -- on eBay.

Bidding starts at $5,000, and the lucky winner will get to choose a tattoo to put on the seller's face.

The seller is pushing the advertising aspect, saying his forehead could be "a trendsetting opportunity for your business to showcase how a-HEAD of the curve and with the times on lucrative advertising opportunities" it is.

But he also highlights other opportunities.

"It isn't just limited to advertising: If your a prankster at heart and are looking to entertain yourself your friends or colleagues here is your chance to do so," the seller wrote in the product description on the auction page.

"You pick the phrase or design and I wear it on my forehead for life! imagine the laughs and memories that will be relived everytime you show the pictures of that guy that let you tattoo his HEAD!"

The forehead is listed in new condition, and the seller specifically prohibits returns or exchanges.

See the auction page here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Your-AD-Here-Tatto...0#ht_500wt_1156
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tim
post Aug 24 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 24 2012, 10:04 AM) *

I think this is the stupidest thing I've ever read.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Aug 24 2012, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

I won the auction and I'm having www.CITYBYTHELAKE.org stamped on his head.

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 26 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #4

IPB Image

WSBT-TV

Here's a campaign ad you can't ignore. Eric Hartsburg of Michigan City put his "forehead space" up for bids on eBay last month -- saying he would tattoo whatever the highest bidder wanted. A $5,000 bid and a trip to the tattoo parlor later... Hartsburg is a walking ad for Republican Presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 29 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #5

http://www.khq.com/story/19932563/man-gets...-face-for-15000

MSN - Free-spirited Eric Hartsburg of Michigan City, Ind., defended his decision to get Mitt Romney's logo tattooed on his face by saying "you only live once, and I was born with a forehead, so why not?" Hartsburg auctioned off the 5-by-2-inch tattoo space on eBay for a starting bid of $5,000, which topped off at $15,000 for the R logo tat, paid for by an anonymous Republican bidder. Admirably, he declined a larger cash offer to get a tattoo that was "lewd." Hartsburg claims to be a Romney supporter and registered Republican, though he may be disappointed to learn that tattoo removal isn't covered under Romney's healthcare plan.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 12 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #6

http://gawker.com/5959765/guy-who-got-romn...regrets-nothing

Guy Who Got Romney Face Tattoo Regrets Nothing
Neetzan Zimmerman

An independent pro-wrestler from Indiana who received $15,000 in exchange for tattooing the Romney/Ryan logo on his face told Politico he had no regrets.

"I'm a tattoo guy, and it was something fun," Eric "Erico" Hartsburg, a father of one from Michigan City, told the news site. "I was trying to make politics fun. I didn't change no lives; I'm no hero. But I shed blood for this campaign, and I'm glad to know that I did all that I could."

Still, Hartsburg admits he was "totally disappointed" by Romney's loss last week. "I'm the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it's a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It's there for life."

He's received his share of "negative stuff" for auctioning off his face on eBay, but Hartsburg is taking it in stride. "I love Mitt,tats n attn," he told one Twitter follower who called him a fool. "So 2 me its genious."

Indeed.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 12 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 12 2012, 03:13 PM) *

It's not there for life, as tattoo removal is pretty common.
+Quote Post
raquelbach
post Nov 12 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,227

This is a stupid thing I read. But, on the other hand, he might just want to earn money.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 14 2012, 08:49 AM
Post #9

Apparently this guy was on Jimmy Kimmel last night.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 14 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 14 2012, 08:49 AM) *

Apparently this guy was on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

Yep.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 29 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #11

And there it goes...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/man-rom...--election.html

Man with Romney face tattoo prepares for laser removal
By Rachel Rose Hartman

Eric Hartsburg, the 30-year-old Michigan City, Ind., man who had Mitt Romney's campaign logo tattooed on his face, has had enough.

Even though in the wake of Romney's defeat, Hartsburg said he planned to keep the 5-by-2-inch image, he told Politico on Wednesday that he's now preparing to get the image removed by laser after Romney's postelection comments. Hartsburg pointed to Romney's claim that President Barack Obama won because he offered gifts to minority voters.

"It stands not only for a losing campaign but for a sore loser," Hartsburg said of his tattoo and its connection to Romney. "He's pretty shameful as far as I'm concerned, man. There's no dignity in blaming somebody else for buying votes and paying off people. I can't get behind that or stay behind that."
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 29 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #12

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/man-rom...--election.html

By PATRICK GAVIN | 11/28/12 10:38 PM EST

Critics of Mitt Romney accused him of being a flip-flopper. Now one of his die-hard supporters is guilty of the same charge.

Eric Hartsburg, the 30-year-old resident of Michigan City, Ind., inked the Romney/Ryan campaign’s distinctive “R” logo on his face this fall to support the Republican ticket. Hartsburg put the space on his face up for sale on eBay and was paid $5,000 to get the 5-by-2-inch tattoo. After the Romney-Paul Ryan ticket lost on Nov. 6, Hartsburg had no regrets, telling POLITICO he was “glad to know that I did all that I could” and insisting he would never have the tat removed.

But he’s had a change of heart.

Hartsburg tells POLITICO he plans to get the tattoo lasered off, a process that could take a year.

Tattoo removal chain Dr. TATTOFF offered to remove it for free, an offer Hartsburg originally rejected, telling POLITICO earlier this month, “I still love the ink and I am a man of my word and will keep the tattoo for life.”

But then he heard some of Romney’s post-election comments, most notably his claim that the president won reelection because of “gifts” given to various constituencies.

“It stands not only for a losing campaign but for a sore loser,” Hartsburg said. “He’s pretty shameful as far as I’m concerned, man. There’s no dignity in blaming somebody else for buying votes and paying off people. I can’t get behind that or stay behind that.”

As a result, Hartsburg changed his mind and decided to accept Dr. TATTOFF’s offer. Next week, Hartsburg will fly to Los Angeles for the first tattoo removal session, which will be led by Will Kirby, who is known for his appearances on reality shows such as “Big Brother” and “Dr. 90210.” Dr. TATTOFF will pay for the removal, which normally runs about $1,000.

“You can’t walk around with a big ‘R’ on your face!” said Kirby of the tattoo, which presents challenges and opportunities. Fortunately, it’s on the face, and tattoos above the heart tend to be easier to remove because of increased bloodflow, as opposed to ankles or feet. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of blue ink, one of the more difficult colors to erase.

Each session is quick — “maybe 60 to 90 seconds” — and then requires eight weeks between sessions for the skin to heal.

“I’m estimating that he’s probably going to need about seven to 10 sessions,” Kirby said. “It’s going to take the better part of a year.”
Continue Reading
Text Size

-
+
reset

And it hurts, said Kirby, “but my understanding is that he has a good threshold for pain.”

The lengthy process will give Hartsburg plenty of time to — believe it or not — think about doing it again. While he said, “I’m probably done with political tattoos,” he’s hardly ruling it out, admitting the publicity and cash are alluring.

“After it’s off, I’ll put the space back up for sale, but I might be a little bit more choosy about political tattooing,” Hartsburg said. “But things can change, you know?”

“We’ll see in four years what the election brings and what candidates come along,” he said, joking that if Marco Rubio runs in 2016, perhaps the “R” tattoo could enjoy a second life. Or maybe he’ll just switch to a less permanent way of supporting Republicans.

“Everybody keeps telling me to just put a sign in my yard instead of a tattoo on my face,” he said.

Hartsburg admits the attention has been nice, including plugs from Jimmy Kimmel and David Letterman.

“Hopefully, now that I’ve gotten my foot in the door, hopefully I can take advantage of it as much as I can,” Hartsburg said. His day job is as a wrestler and he said he’s scored a fight next year with former baseball star Jose Canseco. He worries, however, that getting the tattoo removed could hurt his wrestling career.

“With the tattoo gone, you can’t say, ‘Hey look, it’s the Romney face tattoo guy from TV,’” Hartsburg said. “I’ll still be that guy, but the tattoo’s gone, so some of the allure might be lost.”

For his part, Kirby said he hasn’t seen a lot of people like Hartsburg come through his doors.

“We see tribal armbands, a lot of ex-lovers’ names, a smattering of college and professional sports teams, but we don’t typically see a lot of political tattoos,” he said. “I think the core demographic who have tattoos are not necessarily people who are that passionate about politics.”

But if you are so inclined, Kirby has some basic advice.

“Get it in black. It’s the easiest to remove.”

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 2 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #13

Looks like this guy might need that money now...

La Porte County Sheriff's Office
4 hours ago
LA PORTE COUNTY METRO OPERATIONS UNIT ARRESTS MICHIGAN CITY MAN FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE DELINQUENCY OF A MINOR

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 investigators from the La Porte County Metro Operations Unit and deputies from the La Porte County Warrants Division arrested a wanted Michigan City man. The man, 32 year old Eric C. HARTSBURG, was arrested at his home which is located in the 300 block of Marsh Arbor Trail, without incident. He has been charged with Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, a Level 5 felony. He is currently being held in the La Porte County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.

A warrant had been issued for HARTSBURG by La Porte County Superior Court I as the result of an investigation that had been conducted by the La Porte County Metro Operations Unit.

The public is encouraged to report potential drug activity to the La Porte County Metro Operations Unit by calling (219) 325-9022. The Metro Operations Unit is a multi-jurisdictional drug task force comprised of investigators from the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office and La Porte Police Department.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:37 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com